Soulcalibur Announcement Coming May 11th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted a few hours ago on Daishi's Twitter.
Hopefully I will be able to announce something mid May.

Obviously, who knows what will happen from now until that time. But then again, Namco could have stayed tight-lipped and not mentioned anything, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully we will get to hear something soon.

** UPDATE ** - NBGI has set up a new "teaser site" for an upcoming announcement which they are calling "Beginning of a New Chapter". Right now its just a countdown clock that ticks down every time the wind blows the pages over; but its looking like we can expect an announcement on May 11 (depending on your timezone). What makes us think this is a Soulcalibur teaser? Check out the sword above the book...

I think it's funny how Daishi's gone from "Hopefully I will be able to announce something mid May" to this teaser site, "Get your body ready for May 11..." ...to just a few hours ago "If I can't wait, I might tweet something ahead of time..."

Seems like a pretty radical change in confidence over the course of a couple days, I'm loving this.

Only way I can describe this... FUCK YES!

Actually May 11th is really not that far away; what, about 2 weeks I think? While I am not expecting any huge news, it's just monumental that we're even talking about a Soul Calibur V considering that SCIV was supposed to be the last of the series. Whatever direction they take the franchise, I'll approach it an open mind. Well, time to get the word out.

All the current Tales games have been announced, the only ones waiting for a worldwide release (that would get an English site) are the Tales of Graces port and a possible Tales of the Abyss 3DS port. Neither of those have characters that use a sword like that, or an aesthetic that would justify the book and candle motif. Even if it was a surprise announcement for Tales of Xillia getting released outside of Japan (not likely), neither of the main characters in that game use a sword like that, and it certainly doesn't fit the art style.

There's a rumour that Tales of the Abyss 3ds will be announced in Nintendo Power next month, but that wouldn't justify a separate countdown, and it still doesn't fit the style.

I'm not looking for them to hurry this up, they need to take their time with SC5.

Yes, that is very true. I rather have them take a while to make a nearly perfect SC than hurry 'n' have a crappy one. Hopefully Project Soul has some new ideas that will make the game worth waiting for. I LOVED SC4. It wasn't perfect, but it was bound to happen. SC4 gets alot of crap. I think people are just too hard on it.

Ill try to curb my excitement to avoid any disappointment, but Im definitely looking forward to a fifth soul game.

I damn near busted a nut just looking at that 3d book; I'm going to be in ecstasy for about 5 days if they announce anything that looks like something having to do with SC5 next month.

Remember..the sword could very well be Cass's sword and just be changed slightly. That is if this is for SC5. Weapons are bound to look different.

As for how they would use Cass as a main character I could not say for certain.

15452.jpg

Annnnnnnd then SRK kills my buzz. Seriously, you know, it's hard enough to dispel the ignorance of a single person...but a whole fuckin' army of them? Either way, still can't wait for the game. Think I'm like a masochist, though; I purposely go to SRK whenever some non-2d and/or non-Capcom game is announced just so I can read the dumb shit people say. Not only that, but did anyone catch a glimpse of that Kayane topic that made the front page there not too long ago? I mean DAMN...and some people wonder why they're so lonely. =O

OH BTW GUYS! That book with the countdown. If sheppard did see that right!

The sword ...a dr.wn for...wing ve....sis and .the
story of the ... exce...ding the history and the wo..."

Transcending History and the World?

Annnnnnnd then SRK kills my buzz. Seriously, you know, it's hard enough to dispel the ignorance of a single person...but a whole fuckin' army of them? Either way, still can't wait for the game. Think I'm like a masochist, though; I purposely go to SRK whenever some non-2d and/or non-Capcom game is announced just so I can read the dumb shit people say. Not only that, but did anyone catch a glimpse of that Kayane topic that made the front page there not too long ago? I mean DAMN...and some people wonder why they're so lonely. =O

I lol-ed when a signed picture of Kayane went as a prize in the SoCal MvC3 Fight for Aid tournament.

Don't get me wrong, Kayane is indeed rocking it. But STILL.

I lol-ed when a signed picture of Kayane went as a prize in the SoCal MvC3 Fight for Aid tournament.

Don't get me wrong, Kayane is indeed rocking it. But STILL.

I didn't notice that. That's kinda silly. I was actually referring to the unbelievable misogyny that place possesses. But, then again, I guess the hate women and we love gays - everyone's different. =P

Other than that, I'm hoping they make Talim and Mina beastly! =D

If they're in the game, that is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live streams

8 Viewers
duskybook342150
duskybook342150
💙🙃💋 adult content [18+] and 420 friendly, 🎙️mic optional
5 Viewers
VitaminDCosplay
VitaminDCosplay
Yor VS Saya WEDNESDAY NIGHT WEEBS !Bracket Begins 9:30pm CST
4 Viewers
kudo_108
kudo_108
Come hang out! I'm playing Soul Calibur 6!
1 Viewers
SmartMouth420
SmartMouth420
SoulCalibur VI. Got the urge to do some fighting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back