Soulcalibur Announcement Coming May 11th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted a few hours ago on Daishi's Twitter.
Hopefully I will be able to announce something mid May.

Obviously, who knows what will happen from now until that time. But then again, Namco could have stayed tight-lipped and not mentioned anything, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully we will get to hear something soon.

** UPDATE ** - NBGI has set up a new "teaser site" for an upcoming announcement which they are calling "Beginning of a New Chapter". Right now its just a countdown clock that ticks down every time the wind blows the pages over; but its looking like we can expect an announcement on May 11 (depending on your timezone). What makes us think this is a Soulcalibur teaser? Check out the sword above the book...

I was curious so I decompiled the flash file. There's nothing inside except some images and video files of book pages. Also, I haven't found even one reference to SC in flash and html website code.

Even with better quality image from the flash it's not possible to read the inscription on the book, it's intentionally blurred =/ only "story of" and "the history" are clrearly visible, the rest you pretty much have to guess. But yeah, it's related to SC5 for sure.

i agree with noface (btw, i miss you...) they need to make sure this game is pitch perfect. look at gears 3 for example a beta WITH dedicated servers on xbox live....? that's an improvement alone. :)

This! Gears 3 is even in it´s beta a huge improvement in the Gears franchise... It´s so damn addicting for me. Can´t stop the trai... ah, the game, lol SCV should be the same!

Do a barrel ro... uh i mean do a BETA! Namco, DO IT PLZ!

I know we all feel the same. I cant fucking wait for this game.

Hope they take there time though..... i expect a lot

if this countdown page is about SC then I think there is a hint there about Ivy, not sure though
but isn't Ivy a professor or something like that ? and I remember in the ending of Ivy in SC2 or 3 she was in a dark room with a book, something similar to this site but in wider view!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm young, taut greek dude. couldn't have put it better myself. gogogogogogogogogo namco.

Hmm, I'm not at all sure that the thing above the book is a sword... Whatever, all I know is that I'm far more excited about this than I should be.

I tried to read the book with some photoshopping but this is as far as i can get.

Image2.jpg

".. person is choosen by the history. ....crs a soldier
is cu..d for the history and the soldier becomes ....r.

The sword ...a dr.wn for...wing ve....sis and .the
story of the ... exce...ding the history and the wo..."

Captain Jack Sparrow

Cloud

Dude from Halo

I'm just guessing guest from now...

As long as Voldo still has SE

If I'd thought they'd try to tease it more before e3 I would have pimped that blog out.

Hopefully Daishi let's something slip in the meanwhile. It would probably be something else, but it would be something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live streams

16 Viewers
Sinbbad
Sinbbad
Hilde video then maybe Lobbee
4 Viewers
tundra521
tundra521
loaf of i will not be so easily defeated

Forum statistics