Soulcalibur Announcement Coming May 11th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted a few hours ago on Daishi's Twitter.
Hopefully I will be able to announce something mid May.

Obviously, who knows what will happen from now until that time. But then again, Namco could have stayed tight-lipped and not mentioned anything, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully we will get to hear something soon.

** UPDATE ** - NBGI has set up a new "teaser site" for an upcoming announcement which they are calling "Beginning of a New Chapter". Right now its just a countdown clock that ticks down every time the wind blows the pages over; but its looking like we can expect an announcement on May 11 (depending on your timezone). What makes us think this is a Soulcalibur teaser? Check out the sword above the book...

Don't know how I feel about a 17 year time skip but I'm excited no less. Although this is an opportunity to give the game a fresh face I suppose. Can't wait for the trailer.

I wonder which characters will stick around. Even with people under 25 or so I doubt they'll have a roster full of 40 year olds so they may only keep a few. Actually thinking about it Zasalamel may stick around since his ending suggests that he doesn't age.... We'll just wait and see.

They mentioned the main character is going to be Patroklos who is Sophitia's son. That means good chance we'll see his sister Pyrrha as well and possibly a cameo of their father Rothion. So it's whole new generation. Most likely a new roster of characters entirely.
We can only speculate who's gonna be back - I'd imagine new character's to replace familiar ones but they'll keep their fighting styles.
Who know's some of them may have stopped aging (just as Cervantes did) due to fragments of Soul Edge. But right now we'll just have to wait and see.
So then 17 years after SCIV.. here are age for each character:
Amy - 31
Astaroth - ? (born in 1532)
Cassandra - 38
Cervantes - 72 (but he stopped aging at 48 due to Soul Edge)
Hilde - 35
Ivy - 49
Kilik - 36
Maxi - 45
Mitsurugi - 46
Raphael - 49
Seong Mina - 40
Setsuka - 41
Siegfried - 40
Sophitia - 42
Taki - 46
Talim - 32
Tira - 34
Voldo - 67
Xianghua - 37
Yoshimitsu - immortal
Yun Seong - 35
Zasalamel - immortal
--------------------------------
Sophitia gave birth to Patroklos when she was 18. Pyrrha when she 23. At the time of SCIV, Sophitia was 25. So in this new game, Patroklos is a young man at 25. Pyrrha a young girl at 19.

The guy who was announcing the game is the producer of the game......

Daishi is the director of the game.

I know Daishi is the director, and it looks like Tago is now the lead producer for Project Soul.

What I mean is, as far as I can tell he's never worked on a Soulcalibur game before. So it was out of the blue when he showed up to announce it.

Anyway, I updated the blog with new stuff.

Plus, this.

So at least we know what they're going to show us on that Countdown page now. And all I saw was Sieg and Nightmare so we know for sure they're both in there. Sieg really didn't look that much older at all...

So at least we know what they're going to show us on that Countdown page now. And all I saw was Sieg and Nightmare so we know for sure they're both in there. Sieg really didn't look that much older at all...

This is really an announcement teaser trailer. I didn't really see anything new except for a new sword. And possibly a new character, unless that was Siegfried at the end. Couldn't tell. But it looks like they spliced together footage from SCIV and added a short sequence with the new sword and then of course the logo. Not much to go on besides that.

This is really an announcement teaser trailer. I didn't really see anything new except for a new sword. And possibly a new character, unless that was Siegfried at the end. Couldn't tell. But it looks like they spliced together footage from SCIV and added a short sequence with the new sword and then of course the logo. Not much to go on besides that.

So you think that was SC4 Sieg and Nighty? I really couldn't tell but it didn't seem they looked very different at all so you might be right.

That character at the end of the trailer looks like Sigfried, but has a more sinister look. Maybe Sieg and Night merge again.

That was definitely the two swords merging.. so wouldn't that make Siegfried and Nightmare merging make sense too? Hallelujah for Yoshimitsu being immortal, if he's not in SCV.. well, I guess I'd need to learn to play someone else then. But I'd be very salty in the process.. very salty indeed.

For me it seems like tehey are showing the end of SC4

This How couldn´t everybody see that!?

It was just a minor changed SCIV cutscene between Sieg/Nightmare with the announcer of the first full SCII trailer... a bit lame. they have nothing to show in the case of SCV ´cause there is! nothing to show like i say for weeks.

And that it will come 2012. Maybe really in august 2012...

But the concept is still cool... Exactly what i wanted... SC goes the Tekken-route. SoulCalibur5=Tekken3!!

Prepare yourself to see Chars like Patriclus instead of Sophie, a Zombie-like Ivy..!?and finally Bangoo in exchange for Rock!!

Hell, who knows who will the stay from the original cast... 17 years is huge!

Doesn´t matter in Astas and Cervys case thought... :)

Some characters can pull off the old guy vibe pretty well (kinda like how cerventes was still beastly though he looked like a old zombie)....

Kilik can go the old sifu look.. maxi and yun not so much.

Some characters can pull off the old guy vibe pretty well (kinda like how cerventes was still beastly though he looked like a old zombie)....

Kilik can go the old sifu look.. maxi and yun not so much.

Maxi is 46 then. Still young enough!!

well now that the cat is out of the bag, lets move SC5 speculation chat here. as soon as we get an sc5 forum set up i'll separate the thread into "official news" and "speculations".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back