General Strategy

44A+B has a very slight backstep built in. It can make stuff whiff sometimes.

After 44K.

K. It's a pretty much a frametrap. Lol.

44A+B has a very slight backstep built in. It can make stuff whiff sometimes.

After 44K.

K. It's a pretty much a frametrap. Lol.

OMG, TY!

Here I was thinking she didn't have one frametrap. I frequently use 44K as well for TJ purposes and overall safety. So K...oh well, better than nothing I suppose.

Is there anything else to report frametrap-wise? I'm taking all I can get. :3

Thanks for the info, Khent. Especially the Voldo part.

I'll try to add things if I have some spare time to check them, I've been trying to see which moves can block punish some Ivy moves that really bother me. That stupid elbow-stunning hit, particularly.

I'm pretty sure I got a pogo off a blocked Siegy crouch throw. Hope that's guaranteed.

I played against 350z in casuals yesterday and now that he's learning how to adapt better to me, he is REALLY giving me a difficult time with Ivy. The matchup is honestly starting to stress me out. A lot of the stuff he throws at me isn't 6B+K punishable. If I can't make people do shit that I can punish on block, I lose a big part of my strategy since I know a lot of moves that she can punish. That's when it's time to wreck the soul guage.

I know what you mean. I wish I knew Ivy's move notation to explain this better. But the problem is , most moves she can use to start big combos, which either end in a ton of damage or an ass-pull RO, she can use them safely with Mi-na. And to add some stress to that, you know how long Ivy combos last. Argh.

What I'm starting to do, is trying to throw the match off the normal rhythm with fast close pokes before making the usual ranged game. Ivy does waste some time with her moves, but they intimidate me when she's swinging the sword around. To the noble end of poking, I use kicks. WS K, unfinished strings of 66KKK, 2K, whatever.

If I have some time I'll check Ivy's movelist to post which are the moves she has that I know how to punish. Mostly they are part of those whip swing strings she has.

There's something I think one of us should maybe work on, I might eventually. What lows her 9A+B and 9A+BB can techjump safely and get a guaranteed hit. I did it once in a match against Siegfried 1AA (but was unable to get it later in practice). I know it also works against Astaroth 1AA, and I think Kilik's 22AAA.

There's something I think one of us should maybe work on, I might eventually. What lows her 9A+B and 9A+BB can techjump safely and get a guaranteed hit. I did it once in a match against Siegfried 1AA (but was unable to get it later in practice). I know it also works against Astaroth 1AA, and I think Kilik's 22AAA.

can't say, but if u're looking to jump lows there are far better options unless u wanna get RO ;)
It's not exactly a stellar jump attack, where jumping frames are concerned

Not only that, but it has an awesome property where it will go over lows that have any sort of TC, whiffing completely.

Yeah but it's humiliating to others when they get hit by it, and it's not like a few cases of free UB could hurt. Meh.

Oh wait, I read that as 8A+B for some reason.

The UB? I'm still thinking of ways to land it. I've found a couple alright setups for 9A+BB, but there's only one possibility I think I've got for 9A+B right now, and I haven't had the chance to test it.

So I've been playing around with Mina for a bit. I'm really lucky that my room mate doesn't know how to punish her moves yet >_>. Anyways, what's a good sidestep punisher? I usually go with 3B or throw, but I'm usually too close for a good 3B launch and throws are always breakable. Anything better (fast, solid damage)?

Oh no, sorry, I meant punishes from sidestep; moves that Mina can use to attack after stepping and making an opponent's vertical attack whiff.

A+B sounds pretty good, I don't like how it's high though. I'll play around with it. I think I'll try punishing with pogo too XD (might be too slow, but I'll see). Thanks. Mina's pretty fun.

Back