General Strategy

66A+B is safe to 236:B last time i checked....and it should be damnit.

Don't think it's safe to Amy's 6BB but i can't recall the exact bs on it. Sophie's stab is i14

Quick question...how safe is 2A at tip on block and hit? I always use the "frame trap" of doing it into a 6BB and it works if at tip even if they block it usually I think.

As far as i know her stab is always i14....my personal tests never had it go faster.
2A is safe on tip and when not at tip...safe meaning...Sophie's 236B won't punish, but Amy's 6BB will.

On HIT at tip, u get MEGA adv. So much advantage that a 6B trades with i14 attacks eg. Sophie's stab. I reckon you get around +4~5. Too bad you can't get a throw in there. Maybe for pressure you can force them to block a 44B or a 2A again heh heh.

Depending on the distance, a+k? 9a? iWSA? 8A+B seems like it'd be in the right zone as well. I've never had the chance to try it out since I only use 2A for last hits; standing lows with decent range are always something I like to have up my sleeve when the asses get tight.

Well, the reason I prefer to use A+B is because it's the only sudden and safe (if blocked) knockdown move that I can do after stepping and realizing my opponent is open. I don't know if this is a problem with me or what, but I seem to have issues inputting commands that require driectional inputs after a successful step. Case in point - I've tried to do 2B+K and 22B will come out. I've listed 3bK as a preferred move, but I often mess it up.

A+B ro easily too!!!!!!
i love this move
but too bad , we can't juggle it easily( it's depends of the starter)

6B works, as does 3B when Mi-na is at that range with +4 or so. The only problem is, I can't get people to stop stepping either one. The only quicker move I know of to stop them from doing so at that distance is 22A. Anyone else have any other ideas for catching step?

Please don't say 33A. Please.

LOL...22A i think is best. All other mids are a bit slower....however.
At that range...A+K is pretty good cuz it'll be safer on block. 8A+B is good if you're sure they not gonna block i guess. Then there's always 44A, 1A and 11A i guess. Mina has so much unsafe moves, it's probably best you just use them and hope it hits.

Hmm nothing wrong with dashing in for some action though.

Dashing in gets predictable. At least if you dash and throw like I do. It's actually a real problem for me now, since I throw a lot but Mina has such garbage throw range. Up close when I have advantage (post GC) I tend to dash and throw a lot, but once they start crouching I'm in trouble since I can never think of a decently fast mid to do instead. They're ducking the throw on sight, so I'm not sure just throwing something like 66A out there will work. Right now my post GC mixup for mid range 44B or 4A+BAB/G is pretty much dash and throw, 6K, or 4KB. It used to work well, but most of them have caught on by now (just like most of them will GI 4A+B on reaction now).

See, if 6AK or 3KK lifted then I'd at least go for that. Its range is short enough that I could bluff them into crouching to avoid the throw and then push them out again.

Lately I've been testing 4KB, 3KK, pogo. I'd say about 1/3 of the time I can get all three pogo hits and it definitely does more damage than 66A+B, especially if they're not teching anymore. At first I thought getting the 3rd hit was character specific (large characters ARE a lot easier to pogo), but now I think there's either some strict-ish timing or you just need to be lucky with the angle or something.

Dashing in gets predictable. At least if you dash and throw like I do. It's actually a real problem for me now, since I throw a lot but Mina has such garbage throw range. Up close when I have advantage (post GC) I tend to dash and throw a lot, but once they start crouching I'm in trouble since I can never think of a decently fast mid to do instead. They're ducking the throw on sight, so I'm not sure just throwing something like 66A out there will work. Right now my post GC mixup for mid range 44B or 4A+BAB/G is pretty much dash and throw, 6K, or 4KB. It used to work well, but most of them have caught on by now (just like most of them will GI 4A+B on reaction now).

See, if 6AK or 3KK lifted then I'd at least go for that. Its range is short enough that I could bluff them into crouching to avoid the throw and then push them out again.

Dash -> B+K

you will like it ;)

;)
Damage...on hit, soul gauge damage on block. Good evasive properties. Tricky speed and animation.

I've realized that there's fluctuations on block, and i've also realized the perfect range where it can be used effectively so BOTH hits can be blocked. It's just outside of her throw range. Kinda like the range of 22K. I've been able to block Cass i15 236B post block and i got a chance to punish in return, also that means it's safe vs most characters or weakly punishable. Worth it for 50 something damage i think. 6 blocks = CF. Mina lacks strong mids. This and 8B+K series are strongest she has. I use them both depending on situation.
I personally like it, and working it more and more in my game to mix with my throws. It provokes me as well with it's linearity, but that just means i have to be more...clinical with it heh

B+K does hit weird sometimes. And even when you get things like the second hit whiffing or it carries you further, people don't seem that swift to punish it properly. I did get titan bombed out of it once, though, so I'd be careful about which characters you're throwing it out against. :I

I'm thinking post post-GC, if I'm about tip range, I might try and mix 2A in there. +5 at that range is very nice, and if they start trying to block it I may be able to sneak 8A+B in as well.

Let's talk ROs a little. I know Mina doesn't get many, but where do yours come from? I used to get most from B+G, but now it's either 66/44A+B near the edge or catching step with 8A+B. I think tip range 3B, 66B should be pretty decent for ROs, but I don't get the chance for many of those since people constantly step when they're at tip range now. :<

If you dash in and use B+K after 2A on hit, can they step or walk it?

Yes they can step it. Once u dash, u've lost all your frames.
Gotta know when they're gonna step, and then they're not.

Very very particular move...worth applying though.

I don't really get ringouts with Mina :/

I like 1K, it's very rude. Great autoGI setup on hit which also means it's a good 4A setup on hit. Good sneaky low imo. Damage is pitiful though...but it always hits.

I have to admit, I get 1K by mistake now and then. It always hits. It seems like the kind of move that I figure nobody would ever fall for, but apparently they do. Like 2A. Go figure.

So, after 1A+B AT connects...what do I do? I kind of was at a loss everytime it connected yesterday, since everyone kept breaking 3A+B. ;~;

Sounds good. I'll give the vids a look. Just so you know, there should hopefully be vids up of my Mi-Na this weekend. Then, you can rip me apart...I mean give me advice. :D

Back