General Strategy

Small question. Is 6A+B actually useful for anything aside from wall hits. I thought about it and if the third hit does enough Soul Gauge damage it'd be nice for a small hit to both their life (first 2 hits) and SG (3rd hit) bars. It's -12 so a bit unsafe but it's useable at a distance.

Small question. Is 6A+B actually useful for anything aside from wall hits. I thought about it and if the third hit does enough Soul Gauge damage it'd be nice for a small hit to both their life (first 2 hits) and SG (3rd hit) bars. It's -12 so a bit unsafe but it's useable at a distance.

I think it can be Gi'ed on hit.

bs -12 is pretty much safe...bit unsafe is kinda uggh.
It's useless move, unless opponent doesn't GI, otherwise i'd use it very often

I don't have that huge GI problem, since I can only play online :(

People also generally don't know Mina that well, so maybe I'll try using it sometimes.

How much SG damage does the third hit do though? Enough?

Also, if they try to GI and fail...if they're near a wall....free wall combo, my specialty.
BTW Khent, about combos that you can use 4A+B4A+B on, pretty much any wall hit as long as you aren't at an angle should work, and it also works on CH 66K stun if something's stopping you from pushing them forward (but then you could most likely get a wall combo).

I'd had this thought yesterday while at work (I have to think a lot at work, it's pretty boring). I was wondering what my problem was with hitting 44/66A+B at tip range, and realized that I'd been watching where the blade hits the ground, not the arc. It's probably just me, but I was a little miffed the way sometimes it would hit unexpectedly, but if you watch the arc you get a much more accurate idea of the range, because when the tip hits the ground you've lost at least a foot and a half out of the total range of the move, which really comes in the middle of the swing. As apposed to 44B, which reaches full range at the end of the swing, when it hits the ground. I don't think it's just me that has that problem, though, because when I do guess tip range 44A+B right, for instance, people get hit by it a fair bit, like they expected to still be out of range.

Anyway, it's probably just me, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

1K on hit creates an almost ridiculous amount of space. Maybe when I first wrote it off I was still in "frames are everything" mode.

Last time I played Vints I remember having the most success with super safe pokes and ranged stuff. Nothing but 6AK, 1B, and throws up close, with whatever lows I could risk. If you can get away with 66/44A+B at range (if they're not using A+B) that might help as well.

It's tough because Mina is pretty unsafe, and you can't really abuse 8A+B like you can against other characters. :X

A============
With my run-in mixup [[Sing's Strategy]] 22A/66A/66A+B/66K/Run in throw ^^;;
I found run-in A+B should use more more more more......
1)
A+B on hit/on block = Many adv on mina she can run-in mixup again.
A+B on block pull enemy very far. 33A tip is just fit with the distance when A+B on block.

2)
With run-in mixup.a Crazy monstar will GI[mid] at reaction......(like changs friend again).
So slow move like A+B can fake Crazy monster.

B============
11/44/77K vs Siegfield is good......with run-in mixup
Because Siegfield's Legs is too short...........
Mina 11K(not too close) > 2K vs Sieg on block > Force Crouch > WSK/6K
Mina win...

If Sieg do FC2K, mina go TJ move like 66K/8B+K etc.
Maybe 11K is very good to vs short legs + weak WS character....

Not sure if I should post it here, but a few little anti-Setsuka things that might be unknown.

Against 66BA, you can dodge the second hit and hit her by using 8A+B, and on 1A:A:A, you can dodge the second hit and hit her by using while rising A.

If it'd be anything worth, I might go find more things like this (strings interruptable by TC moves)

Hello, everyone! I'm a sort of unskilled SC4 player, lol. I mean, I guess I know everything in Mina's list and some combos, but apart from SC4, I've only played Soul Blade, so, it might be a little more difficult for me! I really love Mina and it's the only character I can play well with, lol. I like Sophitia and Taki as well, but my Mina is the one I play best with, although she's pretty much considered a not so good character, for what I've read... Anyways...

I'd really like you guys to help me improve. The problem is: there are some things I still don't understand here... Some abbreviations and stuff. Is there a thread where I can learn more?

Some things I'm not really sure of: NC, NCC, DOS (I thought that meant something else, lol), CH...

At least I know about the numbers, LOL! I'm sorry if there are problems with my English, I'm from Brazil, lol. I hope you can help me! I have a PS3!
See you all!

Alright, maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention before, but when did it become so easy to not be hit by 4KB after the aGI? It happened twice at the Saturday tourney: I got the aGI, but they blocked the K. :X

So Ive quit SC for a while now, not because of the game itself or anything, but I'd been sick of seeing the community dominated by arrogance. Thought Id just drop on a last time to share some thoughts on the character, though I make no claims that they are practical or even fully logically sound, as even as much as Id like to gain the experience firsthand its completely inactive locally and I've been blackballed in my region even with the willingness to make long drives. Theres a few that understood that Ive had a lot of personal misfortune distracting me enough to not play and socialize at my best, but the scale is far tipped to the negative.

Anyhow, we're familiar with the consensus about why Mina is 'bad' but we've also seen characters with some similar downsides make up for it, the thing that seems to hurt the most is frame data.
What I'm thinking is a potential workaround is simply abusing GIs. Mina seems very well suited for post GI and 6_3G supplements SG damage. Of course every player regardless of char would have to utilize this basic game mechanic but it just would seem Mina has to apply it more often. The auto-GIs are great when applicable but the normal GI is instantaneous and thus has a greater threshold of usable disadvantaged frames to be able to do it..plus GI on ranged attacks where auto-GIs would whiff puts you in tip range for 3B which is only re-GIable, for example Asta A+B.
4_1G seems rather neglected as well, remember that you could wall combo off it depending on the direction of the incoming swing, and that could serve adequate deterrent for opps getting in your face, which appears to be the general vs Mina strategy. Having a quasi safe zone next to a wall for some breathing room seems it should help out.
I realize its easier said than done to get off loads of successful GIs especially with flux of readability of the games moves, but it shouldnt be anything youre not used to, seeing that the character itself is difficult to manage. GI bait can be problematic but if your opp is doing that then youve succeeded to discourage them from taking full advantage of frames, which is what I'm trying to get at here.

Another thing is pogo seems rather underrated, though I hadnt been quite so successful in applying how I'm thinking it could be used. 9B+K reaches further than 3B, and seems at i21 moderately fast enough to work as a whiff punisher barring some cases. 8B+K theoretically should work at close range after stepping.

So theres my food for thought, things to try if they havent been already, I just dont recall them being discussed much. I'm moving on to BlazBlue and hopefully have a better time on that, and so, I wish you Mina players good luck and farewell!

If you're gonna leave somewhere because it's dominated by arrogance then I'd reccoment cancelling that Internet you're paying for sir. It comes with the territory in any community, but it's usually easy to ignore.

Anyway I have a Mina question...After blocking a standard :2::A: or :2::K: from most characters and being in Full Crouch myself what exactly should I be looking to do back to them and what should be my general thought process/goal to gain momentum again? The only thing I can think of is my own :2::K: or Full Crouch :2::A: which generally hits sometimes and gets blocked sometimes but what can I do after that, both on hit and on block? I've tried While Rising :B: and :A: for the Mids to create space as well as Full Crouch :1::B: for the pushout and Full Crouch :1::K: for the little Low-Mid mix but all these options have the same problem, they're just not quick enough and get beaten out by them simply throwing out another :2::A: or :2::K: if I try to counterattack and having their wicked way with me with a bunch of Low-Mid mixups if I try to defend. Every now and again a game will break down into a lol-online-noob-style :2::A: Blocked :2::K: Blocked :2::A: Blocked fest for sometimes as much as 30 seconds because I just can't find a solution to break the stalemate that's fast enough. I've even tried some more outlandish solutions like Pogoing over them, I was even irritated enough to try my Unblockable's Guard-Break variation. It seems no matter how much I play some good spacing and keep-away with my opponent and deal with them in close range I can be not beaten but at least made to work harder then I should be by someone content to just Turtle Crouch at me at close range and give me about 3 viable moves to work with. Sure I'm not really at much of a disadvantage because they have limited options too but it makes the game so goddamn boring to play. :S

2A/2K up close is really annoying from most characters. You should be able to at least backdash or 4A away from them, though. But if you're in crouch then go for 2A/4A, maybe 6AK (if they crouch to block then you'll miss them).

But Khent has the right idea: watch what they do. If they're just standing or stepping you can use WRA or maybe even FC1K, if they back up you can 2B or WRB, if they're attacking then 2A, etc.

Did I mention that I'm getting the 1BA glitch offline now? Man.

Back