8wayrun.com Now Running The Xenforo Beta!

• Admin
You may already notice... 8WayRun.Com has been updated and completely overhauled! I think we can all agree that the upgrade to vBulletin4 a few months back was a mistake; it should never have been done and it did nothing but hurt this community. Thankfully, some new software has just entered it's beta stages, and it's already so polished that I'm taking the risk and upgrading our community to it.

With any new software, there are of course some changes you will have to get used to. The biggest change you will notice that when you click on a thread name, instead of it bringing you to the beginning of the thread, it will bring you to the most recent unread post (as far back as 28 days). It will take a bit to get used to this, but before you know it... you'll be browsing other forums and wondering why the feature is missing! There are other small changes that you will figure out in time.

The chatroom has been temporarily replaced with Mibbit IRC until Addonchat brings up support for XenForo. The Wiki is also relatively empty as I will be working for the next few days in converting our data to the new format. The Events RSVP system has also been completely overhauled... in which case, all existing event information and RSVPs has been lost. If you have an upcoming event, just make a new event thread, then send me a message and I will merge the old thread with your new one.

You may also notice that "premium" membership has been disabled. I'm working on ideas for the new premium membership system that will give higher incentives for people to join... things like physical goods and prizes, as well as true motivators. If you are a current premium membership and wish to get a refund for overpaid months, message me. Of course, I ask if you would instead kindly chalk it up as a donation for 8WayRun.Com and let it go.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
View attachment 3275

It is happening again.
Looks like you're having a javascript problem. The music player loads through a javascript AFTER everything else in the page has loaded. This is to better serve users with weaker computers who wont be able to load a flash object/embed during a page load. This way resources are handled better and it waits for when its ready.

Dunno about you guys but the blue and gold staff/premium bars look kinda out of place on the Flexile - Dark skin... looks good on the light skin though. Maybe I just gotta get used to it.

Hey guys... I made some massive changes to the front portal... I want people to tell me which design they think is better...

With content container...
1.png

Without content container...
3.png

People should already know what site they are on, but if it had the title "Newest Posts" or somethin like that I think it would be more useful.

And thanks for puttin me on the page! ; )

Reactions: HRD
Noticed that the second time in a row you try to edit a post you can't unless you pick "More Options...".

Think havin the time and day the most people were online at once in the Forum Statistics would be nice.

white again? yuck.
You can change to the dark skin by clicking on the style link on the bottom left of any page...

I changed it to white because I'm doing some skin editing and it's easier on MY eyes with the white.

I agree with Talimjp as well. Should say "newest posts" or something like that. The top header is indicator enough that Im on 8wayrun

HRD

Looks good but I may call it 'Recent or New Posts' course if it's a new thread it would be a 'Recent Thread' but as I think Posts covers both instances I'd call it that.

XenMedio Idea: Screenshot + Comments on Media.
A great (EASY) way to save awesome images within the video.

xenmedio.screenshot.with.comment.jpg

Who knows, maybe the images would be good SEO for google bots ?
Maybe name the images with the title of the video plus the comment ?

oh my...*snaps out of it*

Just a little thing, when you're on a forum list and you hover a thread, the number of pages comes up. Also, when you click the latest post it jumps straight to it.

Home page looks very good yes, but I've always noticed how clicking the links for latest posts on there takes you to the first page and the numbers for/of pages don't show. So I tend to avoid it for that reason alone.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenmedio-media.8092/page-31#post-168014

8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media) v1.2.5 CHANGELOG
This will be the last MAJOR update until XenForo goes gold!
  • Ajax comment pagination links have been fixed to match changes made in XenForo.
  • Editing a comment will no longer alter the comment user information or date.
  • If a user does not have permission to view media, they will now receive a proper error.
  • Sitemap generation for local media has been fixed.
  • Support for "hours" has been added to media durations.
  • Recent Media tab has been added to the member profile pages.
  • Content Types and Handlers have been added in full for the media library.
  • New permissions have been added for "liking" media and bypassing moderation queues.
  • New alert preferences have been added for media comments and media likes.
  • Users with permission can now "like" media!
  • Users with permission can now report media!
  • Users will now receive an alert when someone comments on or "likes" their media.
  • Events such as "likes", comments and submissions will now be in news feeds.
  • Usergroups can now be set for the moderation queue. Moderated media will be fully accessible by any user if they know the exact link; but moderated items will not be visible in any listing. Think of moderation as "private, until marked for public".
Yes, thats right! You can now "like" media!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back