8wayrun.com Now Running The Xenforo Beta!

• Admin
You may already notice... 8WayRun.Com has been updated and completely overhauled! I think we can all agree that the upgrade to vBulletin4 a few months back was a mistake; it should never have been done and it did nothing but hurt this community. Thankfully, some new software has just entered it's beta stages, and it's already so polished that I'm taking the risk and upgrading our community to it.

With any new software, there are of course some changes you will have to get used to. The biggest change you will notice that when you click on a thread name, instead of it bringing you to the beginning of the thread, it will bring you to the most recent unread post (as far back as 28 days). It will take a bit to get used to this, but before you know it... you'll be browsing other forums and wondering why the feature is missing! There are other small changes that you will figure out in time.

The chatroom has been temporarily replaced with Mibbit IRC until Addonchat brings up support for XenForo. The Wiki is also relatively empty as I will be working for the next few days in converting our data to the new format. The Events RSVP system has also been completely overhauled... in which case, all existing event information and RSVPs has been lost. If you have an upcoming event, just make a new event thread, then send me a message and I will merge the old thread with your new one.

You may also notice that "premium" membership has been disabled. I'm working on ideas for the new premium membership system that will give higher incentives for people to join... things like physical goods and prizes, as well as true motivators. If you are a current premium membership and wish to get a refund for overpaid months, message me. Of course, I ask if you would instead kindly chalk it up as a donation for 8WayRun.Com and let it go.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Hey Jaxel,

My PSN is Schneider-X but the hyphen seems to be causing the system to reject it. Think that can be fixed for other people that may have the same problem?

Hey Jaxel,

My PSN is Schneider-X but the hyphen seems to be causing the system to reject it. Think that can be fixed for other people that may have the same problem?
Fixed.

Jaxel: what do you think of the animated Header images like this site:
ht tp://w ww.gamer bb. net
I think its awful. Its done through constantly running scripting... which means after a while it can lead to massive memory leaks in FireFox (because its a shitty browser).

The cool new cards seem to pop under when beside a video.

Attachments

• xboxlive.card.pops.under.video.jpg
    xboxlive.card.pops.under.video.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 326
This is the new NOTICE code! It's purpose is to be used by moderators.
[notice]ABUSE OF THIS CODE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED![/notice]
If you don't have a valid reason to be using this code, your post will be DELETED!

Hey Jaxel: do 8wayrun members use Search very much here ?
How many searches per day ?
What are the searches ?
Are the searches hard on the Server ?

All images and javascript on 8wayrun have been moved to subdomain CDNs. Please inform me of any issues.

New feature has just been added! Editor auto-saving!

Don't you hate it when you are typing something big into a text field, and for some reason or another your message gets lost? Maybe you lose internet access and the post errors out, or you accidentally close the tab? Well now your post will automatically be periodically saved to your browser's cache and will keep a backup of your drafted posts!

No I didn't.
If you open up the forum on your phone it should tell you if there is a mobile version- when you log into 8WR it says nothing.

10-4.

Think that more people are usin Smartphones (esp when they are at comps) and it's hard workin/postin to the site on them.

Live streams

18 Viewers
marigram
marigram
spending more time on the godforsaken playstation network
1 Viewers
THUNDA_HAWKE
THUNDA_HAWKE
Retro Game - feeling Nostalgic, ask me why... Join my community !discord - GPG Goals Follows: 200 Subs: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back