8wayrun.com Now Running The Xenforo Beta!

• Admin
You may already notice... 8WayRun.Com has been updated and completely overhauled! I think we can all agree that the upgrade to vBulletin4 a few months back was a mistake; it should never have been done and it did nothing but hurt this community. Thankfully, some new software has just entered it's beta stages, and it's already so polished that I'm taking the risk and upgrading our community to it.

With any new software, there are of course some changes you will have to get used to. The biggest change you will notice that when you click on a thread name, instead of it bringing you to the beginning of the thread, it will bring you to the most recent unread post (as far back as 28 days). It will take a bit to get used to this, but before you know it... you'll be browsing other forums and wondering why the feature is missing! There are other small changes that you will figure out in time.

The chatroom has been temporarily replaced with Mibbit IRC until Addonchat brings up support for XenForo. The Wiki is also relatively empty as I will be working for the next few days in converting our data to the new format. The Events RSVP system has also been completely overhauled... in which case, all existing event information and RSVPs has been lost. If you have an upcoming event, just make a new event thread, then send me a message and I will merge the old thread with your new one.

You may also notice that "premium" membership has been disabled. I'm working on ideas for the new premium membership system that will give higher incentives for people to join... things like physical goods and prizes, as well as true motivators. If you are a current premium membership and wish to get a refund for overpaid months, message me. Of course, I ask if you would instead kindly chalk it up as a donation for 8WayRun.Com and let it go.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
View this Page on the Wiki - nice !

Another suggestion:
Code:
[wiki]cassandra-soulcalibur-iv-frame-data[/wiki]

Would it be possible to have the wiki links look a bit more like a button ?

xencarta.making.wiki.links.more.like.a.button.jpg

for 8wayrun.com, you might even be able to have a wiki link specific picture (cassandra for cassandra links).
Most sites would just probably need 1 generic "Button".
Wiki links need to stand out more than just regular links.
As they are much more important !
:)

Just want to pop in and say great work with the website. The dark theme is awesome. Though I kind of preferred the old 8wr logo with the modified 8 directional soul calibur emblem.

Also something that kind of looks stupid is when The Apprentice is shown on the header. He is all angled awkwardly and it looks retarded. I know having him straightened out will make very little of him visible, so it might be better to use another picture of him, like the one shown here: http://www.8wayrun.com/soulcalibur/The Apprentice/tapSC4cg2.jpg

Of course I know Picasa sucks, but Flickr limits you to 200 photos and costs money which I don't have right now. When I get a new camera, I will try to get back on it.
Well I just added support for Photobucket albums

Photobucket is gross but it's great that you now support it. If you could add support for Imagebam or Imageshack.us, that would be hot. Imageshack has been my preferred external image host for some time, but I haven't used them for albums. Imagebam is what I normally use for hosting albums.

There's also ImageVenue which is what alot of people use on the web. That's also who I used to us before switching over to Imageshack.

Still want a word check/dictionary add-in (like before) and (a new want, haha) a thread tool (to print threads, think the old 8WR had one of these too).

Word checks/dictionaries are pretty much standard within the web browser that you are using. I am using Chrome which includes one.

Am i the only one who has trouble with embded Youtube Videos? A lot of times i just see blank/white squares, so i have to reaload the sites.

Using Chrome 8.0.552.231 for Mac wit an Adblock.

thanks,doc.

Oh, and maybe a little icon that you can mouse over to see the PS3 or 360 Gamer Tag (will be more important once the new game hits).

Know this just came out and you guys are busy still ironin it out though.

Oh, didn't know I do have the old spell check (ieSpell) in my right click menu.

Others may not be so lucky though (Word, Excel, Outlook and Gmail all have their own spell check buttons (and I use em all)).

Is it possible to have collapsible replies in the thread. Say you go to youtube and the comment can have a sub section of comments condensed underneath specific to that comment. We could relieve a lot of the forum debates that spark by having them only file in a collapsible space under the initial post so it doesn't clutter it and derail the OP.

I'm not sure the limitations to this forum, but it's worth looking into.

Possibly also a dislike function toggle for certain areas to limit disagreement to a single like/dislike and not a full post into flame war. I state the ability to toggle it because a post may not warrant something of review or care to be under scrutiny.

Am i the only one who has trouble with embded Youtube Videos? A lot of times i just see blank/white squares, so i have to reaload the sites.

Using Chrome 8.0.552.231 for Mac wit an Adblock.

thanks,doc.

doc, the medio embed codes we use are based on our internal media library. what you want to do is first add the video you wish to embed to the media library, then use the embed code assigned to it from the media library; so the embed code will look something like this [medeo]####[/medeo] ---only replace "medeo" with "medio" and replace the #### with the 4 digit medio code. i know it may seem time consuming or confusing at first, but is extremely simple and makes embedding videos and categorizing them far easier. PM me if you need help with it.

Is it possible to have collapsible replies in the thread. Say you go to youtube and the comment can have a sub section of comments condensed underneath specific to that comment. We could relieve a lot of the forum debates that spark by having them only file in a collapsible space under the initial post so it doesn't clutter it and derail the OP.

I'm not sure the limitations to this forum, but it's worth looking into.

also this is an EXCELLENT suggestion, especially paired with the alert system. is something like this possible?

lobo, i dont have trouble with embedding them myself. The videos people post from youtube etc. just appear white to me randomly, but a lot of times.

Check this out:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-13 um 01.05.25.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-13 um 01.05.25.png
    345.5 KB · Views: 232
Ok thanks, shouldnt be a ram issue since i use a macbook pro with 4GB Ram.

i'll deactivate the adblock and see if this is still there....

EDIT: its NOT the adblock, switched it off. Same problem.

Can we add in collapsible posts for one's exceeding a certain length of lines? This way people who make long posts wont fill up an entire page and people who care to read them can get a snippet and expand if they feel inclined.

Add this and the previously mentioned function of nested conversations and we can handle a LOT of the threads that derail or turn to flame wars with out it impacting people who are discussing around it without need for mod clean up and judgment.

Reactions: SL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isisabraham
Back