8wayrun.com Now Running The Xenforo Beta!

• Admin
You may already notice... 8WayRun.Com has been updated and completely overhauled! I think we can all agree that the upgrade to vBulletin4 a few months back was a mistake; it should never have been done and it did nothing but hurt this community. Thankfully, some new software has just entered it's beta stages, and it's already so polished that I'm taking the risk and upgrading our community to it.

With any new software, there are of course some changes you will have to get used to. The biggest change you will notice that when you click on a thread name, instead of it bringing you to the beginning of the thread, it will bring you to the most recent unread post (as far back as 28 days). It will take a bit to get used to this, but before you know it... you'll be browsing other forums and wondering why the feature is missing! There are other small changes that you will figure out in time.

The chatroom has been temporarily replaced with Mibbit IRC until Addonchat brings up support for XenForo. The Wiki is also relatively empty as I will be working for the next few days in converting our data to the new format. The Events RSVP system has also been completely overhauled... in which case, all existing event information and RSVPs has been lost. If you have an upcoming event, just make a new event thread, then send me a message and I will merge the old thread with your new one.

You may also notice that "premium" membership has been disabled. I'm working on ideas for the new premium membership system that will give higher incentives for people to join... things like physical goods and prizes, as well as true motivators. If you are a current premium membership and wish to get a refund for overpaid months, message me. Of course, I ask if you would instead kindly chalk it up as a donation for 8WayRun.Com and let it go.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
The Jaxel weekly is on now (they are restreamin it on the JP SC site) but it's not easy findin anything about it here. Maybe there should be a place (the front page?) that has links and info (tentative game/time schedule) about the streams in progress.

The Jaxel weekly is on now (they are restreamin it on the JP SC site) but it's not easy findin anything about it here. Maybe there should be a place (the front page?) that has links and info (tentative game/time schedule) about the streams in progress.
There is... http://www.8wayrun.com/events/monthly

Click "Post New Event"... post an event WITHOUT a thread... it will act as a stream if you have an appropriate stream URL in the stream box. It will also get posted to the front page. Event Name, Venue, Times and Stream URL are required for a stream... address information is not.

Also... XenForo officially came out TODAY. We have upgraded to the gold edition; please inform me of any issues.

Your stream right now isn't on the front page and I don't think it's on the calendar either.

Hey man, maybe I wanna be discreet about it (haha); no prob, you're welcome! ; )

Good steams, keep em coming!

Your stream right now isn't on the front page and I don't think it's on the calendar either.

Hey man, maybe I wanna be discreet about it (haha); no prob, you're welcome! ; )

Good steams, keep em coming!
Right now is a MVC3 night... wouldn't be right to put it up as a Soulcalibur stream...

Thank you for your donation BTW...

Either way, my stream can always be found at http://www.8wayrun.com/stream/

You can put it up on the front page but say that it's MVC3.

Thanks, I'll bookmark that (thought I did before).

No prob, get some new equip but don't eat too many of those waffle sandos, haha.

http://livetv.jpn.org/show.php?entry=1
They've got an IM system set up with streams (channels= チャンネル) on the bottom, much like 8WR's stream.

Sigs- It's good to be able to have long sigs but I think most people won't scroll through someone else's sig- I think it's just better to put a size limit on em.

I leave blank lines (a return) between my paras but they are removed in my posts.
I put a blank line between this line and the first one but see what happened? I'm now runnin IE9 so I think this may have caused it.

There are quite a few times to where I HAVE a subscription to a particular thread that Im supposed to get "alerts" about new posts and such. But lately I havent been getting an alert to new posts in threads im "watching" I know of another person that has said the same thing. Ive double and triple check my alert settings and they seem fine.

It seems to be threads that I ahvent posted in in 3 or 4 days but I still like to read and catch up on stuff. Anyone let you know of this problem??

EDIT: Its not every one of my threads just a small handful.

HRD

There are quite a few times to where I HAVE a subscription to a particular thread that Im supposed to get "alerts" about new posts and such. But lately I havent been getting an alert to new posts in threads im "watching" I know of another person that has said the same thing. Ive double and triple check my alert settings and they seem fine.

It seems to be threads that I ahvent posted in in 3 or 4 days but I still like to read and catch up on stuff. Anyone let you know of this problem??

EDIT: Its not every one of my threads just a small handful.

HRD
Read marking is done through your account and doesn't give duplicates. If you are watching a thread, it will only alert ONCE, until you read the thread again... I'm going to assume that you are getting email updates? The email is telling you that the thread is updated, and you are clicking on the link to the thread to read it... I'm also going to assume, when you click the link, it does NOT automatically log you into the forum?

As I said, read marking is done through your account... so even if you read the thread, if you don't read the thread ON YOUR ACCOUNT (while logged in), its not going to mark that you read the thread and it will continue to see the existing alert and avoid sending you a duplicate.

Actually that is NOT the case. I have it set up to where I DO NOT recieve emails when a thread I am watching is updated. The only way I know when I have an alert is when I log into my account! I dont like my inbox cluttered and I never check my email anyway.

So when I log onto to 8wayrun, I always check my little "alert" box to see what I got, If I dont see anything, I move on and click the "whats new" button and check for new stuff. Thats where I find that "oh shit, I missed something in the Good Games thread" etc etc.....

So this has nothing to do with my email at all!!

HRD

(I get emails) I've had cases where I get an error (says I don't have permission) for the thread link in my email and I think it's cause the post was deleted or the thread had been cleaned/changed so the link that I got mailed didn't exist or was different (so I got an error).
The old SC.com is still up BTW.

For anyone who cares, you can now LIKE wiki pages...

Abyss
abySC3art1.jpg
Character
Debut: Soulcalibur III
Voice (E): Keith Silverstein
Voice (J): Hiroshi Tsuchida
Biography
Birthplace: Unknown
Birthday: Unknown
Blood: Unknown
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Family: Freed from meaningless concepts such as "family"
Fighting Style
Type: Death Scythe
Weapon: Irkalla
Discipline: Unknown
Abyss (アビス, Abisu) is a character designed for the Soul series. Abyss is one of two final bosses in Soulcalibur III, the other being Night Terror. Abyss made his first and, to date, his only appearance in SC3. Abyss is an altered form of Zasalamel, and thusly, his weapon "Irkalla" is available to Zasalamel in Soulcalibur IV.

Biography​

Bio: Soulcalibur III​

Abyss was created by Zasalamel's combining and absorbing of the two swords, Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, into his body as a method of obtaining true death.

He hid behind the scenes during the battle between the cursed sword and the spirit sword, appearing only when their powers reached their zenith. Then, using a secret art, he connected his body to the world of the abyss and created a jet-black magnet that absorbed all forms of energy. His plan was to use this to draw out the essences of the two swords and take them into his body. The unexpected result was his mutation into Abyss, and an apparent loss of control over his actions as another, unexplained force began to take control.

Character Artwork​

Art: Soulcalibur III (+UFS)​

abySC3art1.jpg abySC3art2.jpg abySC3art3.jpg abySC3wp1.jpg abySC3wp2.jpg

New feature! Check it out when you get the chance!

8WayRun.Com - SoulCalibur Community.png

this is great. I love being able to customize my page.

Why is it that when I open 8wr in google chrome I get an error. happened the same day you change the font

HRD

Live streams

1 Viewers
THUNDA_HAWKE
THUNDA_HAWKE
Retro Game - feeling Nostalgic, ask me why... Join my community !discord - GPG Goals Follows: 200 Subs: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back