8wayrun.com Now Running The Xenforo Beta!

• Admin
You may already notice... 8WayRun.Com has been updated and completely overhauled! I think we can all agree that the upgrade to vBulletin4 a few months back was a mistake; it should never have been done and it did nothing but hurt this community. Thankfully, some new software has just entered it's beta stages, and it's already so polished that I'm taking the risk and upgrading our community to it.

With any new software, there are of course some changes you will have to get used to. The biggest change you will notice that when you click on a thread name, instead of it bringing you to the beginning of the thread, it will bring you to the most recent unread post (as far back as 28 days). It will take a bit to get used to this, but before you know it... you'll be browsing other forums and wondering why the feature is missing! There are other small changes that you will figure out in time.

The chatroom has been temporarily replaced with Mibbit IRC until Addonchat brings up support for XenForo. The Wiki is also relatively empty as I will be working for the next few days in converting our data to the new format. The Events RSVP system has also been completely overhauled... in which case, all existing event information and RSVPs has been lost. If you have an upcoming event, just make a new event thread, then send me a message and I will merge the old thread with your new one.

You may also notice that "premium" membership has been disabled. I'm working on ideas for the new premium membership system that will give higher incentives for people to join... things like physical goods and prizes, as well as true motivators. If you are a current premium membership and wish to get a refund for overpaid months, message me. Of course, I ask if you would instead kindly chalk it up as a donation for 8WayRun.Com and let it go.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I've noticed that when using the PS3 browser, I pretty much can't open any thread. It keeps giving me an error page. Is there any way to fix this?

I've noticed that when using the PS3 browser, I pretty much can't open any thread. It keeps giving me an error page. Is there any way to fix this?

Noticed the same thing, only happens when you try and select the direct link for the latest post. Have to manually go through the links to get to the desired thread.

But anyway I just wanted to ask if there was a way to make the dark style easier on the eys, it's fine inside a thread, however the forum list hurts my eyes o_o... Maybe change the font colour to something lighter the blue blends a little too well for me. Using the light style for now anyway

I had the same problem, but when I logged out of the forums on PS3, every link loaded fine. There's no point in logging in since you can't post anything anyway. Sucks...

In the media section, Some of the icons to click to watch vids, overlap onto the far right side of the page. Guess it might be my browser (IE...Dont laugh, I dont have much choice at work) Thought Id let someone know.

HRD

In the media section, Some of the icons to click to watch vids, overlap onto the far right side of the page. Guess it might be my browser (IE...Dont laugh, I dont have much choice at work) Thought Id let someone know.

HRD
Screenshot please.

Normally when I am on the forum, I just want to do a quick reply, so the new option to disable WYSIWYG editing is cool because I hate seeing the WYSIWYG toolbar. See screenshot 1.

There will be times where I want to go under More Options and create a post from there, but I will lose the WYSIWYG editing now that I have that option unchecked. See screnshot 2.

If possible, I would like to just have WYSIWYG editing under more options as shown in screenshot 3 so that I don't have to keep going back and rechecking the option to enable it when I would like to use it.

01.png 02.png 03.png

Not that important but wanted to mention:
I like how the cf.com mails quote the first post that replied (so you can read it w/o loggin on) while the mails from 8WR just say you got a reply (and tell you who replied).

For upcoming events, the title is a bit misleading. There's no indication of when a stream is live, especially when dealing with different time zones, so it's totally dependent on the person clicking on the link.

Is it possible to change the wording, or indicate that a stream is now live on the front page?

00.png

For upcoming events, the title is a bit misleading. There's no indication of when a stream is live, especially when dealing with different time zones, so it's totally dependent on the person clicking on the link.

Is it possible to change the wording, or indicate that a stream is now live on the front page?

View attachment 3265
Well the link starts appearing 6 hours before the start of the event... (matched by timezone)

It's fine 6 hours before the event. It's just not as clear on when an event is actually live so that you know to click on the link to watch the stream.

When you refer to Standard Media Popup .... is that Xenforo's Standard Media popup or a third party one ?
The popout is handled through XenMedio (an application written by me), however the popout design and scripting itself is part of XenForo... its the same popout system you see when you try to "edit" a post.

soundtrack offline now ?
View attachment 3274
What do you mean? Soundtrack is working fine for me.

You were probably messing with the files .... for a while ... when clicking on the embedded playlist ... no songs were listed .. or the medio page .... no songs listed either.
It is working fine now.

Back