[Jun 10, 2011] CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships (Orlando, Florida)

i'm officially going now

if you guys don't mind, i'm bringing my setup for casuals: 360, evo monitor, vf5/maybemarvelandsc4

Blackstar i have an xbox 360 setup too that i'd like to bring. i've started playing on that since PSN went down and discovered that it doesn't lag like the Ps3 and that the online experience is much better. Also, there are lag free controller converters(http://www.amazon.com/PS2-PS3-xBox360-Controller-converter/dp/B0013UQ4KG) going from Ps3 to Xbox360 but not vice versa. I've just tried the XCM controller converters going from xbox to ps3 and they drop inputs. This is probably why they switched to xbox360 for the world SC4 tournament in France.

If it's not too late, it'd be nice to play the tournament on the Xbox360 and use those setups for SSF4 AE, MVC 3, casuals, etc. when we're done.

but it's up to you guys. if we stick with the ps3, we can just opt to avoid the stages with high levels of activity and engaging music.

RTD: I'm glad people are FINALLY saying too that the PS3 version lags. (and it's not the only game!) Its annoying; it used to really throw my game off, and it still takes time for me to get used to sometimes.

I, for one, second the motion for the SC4 tourney to be on Xbox instead (especially since this is a mixed-console major). If anyone wants, I have an extra one of the SC4 HORI Sticks if anybody actually needs a stick (if not, then I won't bring it).

But hey, if not, I'll still be in it. I didn't get to register for the actual tournament, since I only was able to pay for my badge right now, but I'll be able to do it in a day or two when my check kicks in

But, yeah RTD, you are welcome to use my setup if need-be.

I'm reading you guys want it changed to Xbox360 as much as I wouldn't mind doing so I think it's way way too late to change it up cause it could offend people who have been waiting for it to be on PS3. What I'll do is send an email out just to the SC4 entrants but also Hori prizes are for PS3 so that is another factor to keep it on PS3. Unless it's unanimous it'll have to stay on PS3. As an organizer if you switch anything up on players the last second shit starts to go down and all the doubters come out.

I've played on a good XBOX converter and I agree that with one it can be sufficiently similar. However I don't have such a converter or know anyone with one(in this state anyway). Also, while I have a 360 I can bring if there is a switch, I don't have a copy of the game for it(anymore) and don't have the updates/unlocks.

I sent the email out to those who actually paid and registered. Is it true Save data transfers on the XBox version? I only have PS3's available for SC4 use since ALL the xboxs are dedicated for SSF4 AE and Marvel so those can't be used for SC. We'll see who responds to the emails.

Being a pessimist seems to have paid off, as this is shaping up better than I'd expected. Yimaxi told me he's planning to come and, with regards to Kitz's RSVP status, Becky said she might make it too.

Tournament Organizer sir, how freely are people going to be able to sign up on the day of?

There will be On-Site Registration on Friday from 11AM to 5PM, but try to avoid it, as it's $40 cash-only for the badge plus tournament entry fee for each you want to join. You will also be thrown into the bracket, in the first available bye, meaning you won't be seeded by location of the group you came with.

I'm really happy that everyone in FL are starting to notice, we need to revive it down here!!!

Being a pessimist seems to have paid off, as this is shaping up better than I'd expected. Yimaxi told me he's planning to come and, with regards to Kitz's RSVP status, Becky said she might make it too.

Tournament Organizer sir, how freely are people going to be able to sign up on the day of?

You won't be able to sign up at all if you just show up on Saturday if you didn't register online already. If you register online and show up saturday at least an hour before SC4 time to check in and get your badge you'll be fine. But if you want to enter other games like AE or Marvel 3 I really suggest pre registering before June 6th. If you show up late on Friday and the brackets are full you won't be able to sign up at all no exceptions. There's over 400 people registered for tournaments so you help EVERYONE by registering in advance.

BTW Guys I'm really leaning on sticking with PS3 for SC4. It's what the prizes are, few people are used to their PS3 pad so it's in the best interest to stick with PS3 and just try to avoid the heavy stages that cause slowdown.

With that said I may pick up some used copies from Gamestop if I have to, but who can bring PS3 with save data and the game?

I can, no problem. Though I need to double check and make sure all of the stages are unlocked as I got the thing maybe 3 weeks ago lol

Would I need to bring HDMI or Component, or just both?

Bring Both just in Case and Thank you. Guys I'm gonna stick to my guns on this and keep SC4 on Playstation 3, but in the future for SCV I'll make the switch to Xbox if that version comes out better again.

I'll bring my game and system also. I don't have HDMI though. Can we see who all is signed up again? I think it would help if people had the issue pressed on them more if the sign up is going to be strict, to make sure they can actually participate.

Gah, I didn't know we had to buy two badges. Guess that's what I get for being new to the big tournaments. Oh well, it can't be helped. I'll be one of the ones spending $40 the day of for a master badge.

Also, for whatever reason, my name is misspelled in that spread sheet.

Dime, did you already pay 30 bucks for a badge plus the 10 bucks to enter the tourney? Are you bringing someone else with you too or something?

Back