[Jun 10, 2011] CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships (Orlando, Florida)

Ok guys, there's been a LOT of talk on this forum about SC and CEO. However, according to Jebailey, only 4 people so far have signed up for the SC4 tournament as of today. What happened?

Yeah, when I sign up, its gonna be near the end of May. I still have to get my cash.

Also, it looks like I might not be able to get the Hotel room I was hoping for... would anyone be willing to let me stay with them for CEO? I'm not that annoying, I'd like to believe.

There can be a possibility of that DIME, I just have to know who's gonna be staying @ my room first.

I making plans to go (Plane from BUF about $225...) but I don't want to go if less than 16 are going to be there. Is there any sort of Pot Bonus?! Namco is sponsoring this?!?! PLMK details I'm planning soon....

People ALWAYS wait until the day of to register, it's just the gamers Nature so I expect to see like 20/30 people show up last moment for SC4. Regardless Namco and Hori are sponsors with Stick prizes to the top 3 Finishers so it's worth it, also something I can't mention is in store for the Tekken and SC4 winners to those who show up to CEO. I don't plan on doing any pot bonuses for SC4 unless over 60 People enter and make it worth while. I sincerely doubt less than 32 realistically will enter SC4 alone.

^ That... Most likely, people will wait till the last week to pre-reg, or just walk-in Friday and register.

Show your support, I'm sure Namco has some things they'd love to talk about that has to do with the new SCV!! I'm gonna def milk the opportunity to get the insider-scoop!

Anyone who is still 50/50 should get on the bandwagon!!

As it stands and prolly won't change SC4 Singles will Begin on Saturday at 5 pm-11pm. Final 4 play on Stream Sunday at 1 pm Sharp.
If anyone has EVO monitors they won't to bring let me know. Also Copies of Sc4 and Ps3s Would help. Don't see us needing more than 6 setups for SC4 total so Let me know.

Crimson I forget are you on my facebook so I can put you in the staff group. You're taking charge of the brackets right? Remember guys if You don't register online, Registration is cut off FRIDAY at 5 PM so you can't just show up saturday and still sign up even for SC4.

Wooooow, I'm kinda disappointed in the lack of entrants. I mean I travelled a few thousand miles on my own to go to FSAK. People can't come down to sunny Orlando for CEO support?? Cmon, 8WR people!!!

Anywayz, I'm in between jobs right now (i.e. JOBLESS), so money is real tight for me right now. But I'm still planning to go, so hope to see everyone there

Wooooow, I'm kinda disappointed in the lack of entrants. I mean I travelled a few thousand miles on my own to go to FSAK. People can't come down to sunny Orlando for CEO support?? Cmon, 8WR people!!!

Anywayz, I'm in between jobs right now (i.e. JOBLESS), so money is real tight for me right now. But I'm still planning to go, so hope to see everyone there
.........WHERE YOU BEEN MAN?

I did the same buddy, as well as plenty of other folks. The difference with FSAK was that it was a SC4 exclusive thing and we already knew it was gonna be over 50 folks attending so there was plenty of incentive to go the extra distance to come. Plus it was pretty cheap to fly to Boston round trip for me but for some reason it's expensive as fuck to fly to Florida, which is roughly the same distance as Boston from San Francisco, CA. Go figure. I'd say hit up Devastation if you want that big SC4 experience.

Wait, registration is cut off THIS Friday?

My Sorta Mistake. I meant on Site Registration is Cutoff on the Friday of CEO June 10th. Online Reg ends June 6th.

Krayzie don't discourage people from coming to CEO as well as Devestation please, besides Devestation doesn't have a special prize like CEO will have. But again if money is tight I understand not being able to make it.

I swear to god, if I don't O.D. on Soul Calibur Casuals while i'm at CEO there will be hell to pay.
As long as I'm there I will be getting in games with everyone as much as I can. I know me and Enkindu will have some long sessions.. and anyone else that wants to invade the room is more then welcome to.

I'd say hit up Devastation if you want that big SC4 experience.
DEV is still a way's away, but CEO will have Namco in the building, possibly providing info and scoping the scene. I want to make a good impression on them, and show how much support we are still giving to the game and community. This will be a BIG event, and hella fun.. everyone that's on the edge of making the commitment, should come out! <No homo.lol.

My bad folks, I didn't mean for my last post to look like I was trying to discourage people from coming to CEO. I just saw blackstarr's post speaking about how he traveled thousands of miles solo for FSAK and wanted to remind him that others did the same. By all means folks, if you can afford it go to CEO! I was trying hard to make it myself but I can't afford $450 tickets. I do hope CEO is huge since it will have the Namco folks and all. But I also hope the Namco people decide to hit up Dev too. There are a lot of SC4 players attending that, maybe because of the great experience the SC4 players had there last year.

Back