"Advanced" Techniques

That's kind of depressing for me. Since step is back how viable is step G?

Viable temporarily, but expect it to be nerfed out in a patch. They specifically do not want the game to be as ultra safe as SC2, and have stated multiple times as such during development. Defense risk-sharing is the central theme of the game.

(For the people that mod this forum please feel free to delete the post or whatever and just a forewarning there is a tekken reference in the post)
I hate to beat a dead horse but I'm pretty sure JF's these days are way easier than JF's in the old days. AKA SCII and things like: Asta 4KK:SCC into a low throw or Cervy launch into run under BT relaunch. I'm just saying a lot of people should quit complaining. You have it easy.
JF's just take practice and then it becomes second nature no matter how hard they are.
I don't know if anyone here has played Tekken but here is an example from Tekken (I'm sorry it's the only footage I have of me and JF's)
The result- Ling turns around and jumps away facing the opposite direction
The imput- b+3+4~f:f~n (If you don't know tekken notation it would be something like 4b+k~6:6~n in SC)
What makes this difficult is you have a 1 frame input window and if your second f (or 6) is held for more than 1 frame the step doesn't happen, she just turns around.

Practice is the key to consistency.

Can anyone explain QS4G in detail here? I'm having trouble finding info on it and I think I actually witnessed it in person for the first time at a tourney today, but I'm unsure.

I was referring to SCII. I didn't play IV.
Throw the JF's I mentioned in the P-Stick. They are hella hard compared to the crap people cry about these days.

Hi, can anyone help clarify some points on Tech Trapping in SCV for me?

First off, roughly how many frames are vulnerable to attack during Ukemi? Does this vary depending on the direction?

Secondly, what part of the animation is vulnerable? Right as the opponent is getting up, or is it during the roll itself?

Finally, what are the requirements for a Ukemi to be able to take place? As far as I know, one cannot simply Ukemi off of a raw launcher with no followup, but it seems like certain juggles allow time to Ukemi, while other followups appear unavoidable on the ground, even with Ukemi.

Side question: Comparatively speaking, how much more or less vulnerable is a simple stand-and-guard versus a Ukemi?

Thanks for the help!

@ Crow, my understanding of QS4G is this as follows: By "canceling" the very end of the stepping animation in the Quick Step, one is able to essentially remove/reduce the vulnerable recovery period with 4G, making Quick Steps absurdly safe to the point of breaking the balance of the game's risk/reward on movement.

The 4G must be inputted rather quickly after the Quick Step has been initiated, and has a fairly small window of opportunity. I am not particularly skilled at executing it, but on my arcade stick I find that my successful input usually looks like this: 2214G. I mentally input the G during the 1, which usually results in it coming out simultaneously with the 4.

If I recall, Belial has a video which covers the brokenness of step G, but I don't remember if he specifically covers QS4G.

Hope this helps.

@ Jay (idle): I've experienced having an easier time CC w/ 8 instead of 6 after iMCF into 3B. It gives me the suspicion on the CC being done by any direction other than the ones that involves down (i.e. 1_2_3)... is that true?

Also, during my hitbox testing, not only can CE be done using dragon slide input (2,3,2,3), but also 3636 as well. This makes buffering CE from dashing very easy, considering that all u need is to move the stick/pad/hitbox buttons down while holding forward into A+B+K. Hope this is new.

Back