What's good with Tira? (General Discussion Thread)

What's good with Tira?

I think Tira has great damage but some of her combo's cap out on damage WAY too fast. Like JS soul crush 4A+B, 6AB, BT B+K, B does as much damage as JS CH 44B, BT B+K, B (hope I got those right), which is alot easier to hit with. And alot of her combo's in GS are pointless as you can get just as much damage off of a CH 6(x6) k.

What's good with Tira?

Yeah, her combo damage cap is hit FAR to quickly. I mean, she has so many multiple hit combos that it scales down to nothingness in a hurry.

With some of the combos I've found that are over 10 hits and end with 66666B, it takes 3 HITS from the 66666B to do a SINGLE point of damage. Hi. Larious.

What's good with Tira?

Reading this thread again is depressing. You people need to find the positives and harp on those. One such positive is love for 33_99K. It works much like Zas' WS K. On hit it forces BT. From there you have a mixup. On the following characters if they [G] you can get a side throw. You get a back throw attempt on Voldo (lol Blind Stance).

Asta
Cass
Ivy
Kilik
Liz
Mitsu
Rock
Sieg
Sophi
Taki
Vader
X
Yoshi

Of course the throws can be ducked so what do you do then? Throw out some mids! What if they try to counterattack? Well 44K frame traps. Throws beat out most BT attacks but there are a few that either trade or beat throws out like X's BT A and Tira's BT B+K (TCs under the throw). In that case you can do a TC move like GS 22_88A or 4B+K (slight delay for the TC frames) or a quicker mid like BB for TCs.

Ok so they're wise to that. How do you beat those darn BT 2As and BT 2Ks? GS B+K will aGI BT 2As. 6K and 4B+K will TJ 2Ks.

33_99K is safe on block so the risk is low. It's a wonderful situation for you. Anticipate and be creative!

What's good with Tira?

This is pretty bad. I'm having a hard time remembering what 33_99K is ):

I'm going to have to boot the game up whenever I have time.

What's good with Tira?

It's just a roundhousey kick. Perhaps more useful than I had thought.

What's good with Tira?

Now I remember. Doesn't that move knock the opponent over on CH. I'm pretty sure that move ROs on CH if the opponent's right side is to the end of the stage.

What's good with Tira?

Now I remember. Doesn't that move knock the opponent over on CH. I'm pretty sure that move ROs on CH if the opponent's right side is to the end of the stage.
Yes yes. BT on hit, KD on CH. It's a beautiful thang.

What's good with Tira?

Yes Tira is fun but she has always felt limited to me. Back when I mained her I remember I basically hit a wall where anyone i play with frequently seems to know exactly what I'm going to do before I do it. Mixups helped but her combo potential seemed lacking.

That's why I main Setsuka, Tira is fun but she seems lower mid in the tier list. Once more people know her moves it will just get that much harder to play her.

What's good with Tira?

You have to adjust your style, especially if people are anticipating your moves. You can even perhaps use that to your advantage, and surprise them with stuff.

What's good with Tira?

Yes Tira is fun but she has always felt limited to me. Back when I mained her I remember I basically hit a wall where anyone i play with frequently seems to know exactly what I'm going to do before I do it. Mixups helped but her combo potential seemed lacking.

If they know exactly what you're going to do before you do it then that means you have to mix it up and surprise them as Dully said.

Yes, Tira's good options are limited. However, sometimes you have to take the risk and change up your formula even if it's unsafer than your other one just enough so your option will begin to second guess. MIND GAMES.

I think in order to be good with Tira you have to be able to utilize her entire move list as her good tools are so limited that you're going to need the rest of her move list to keep the opponent on thier toes. Basically, you're going to have to gimmick dat shyt. This is something I fail to do myself so I still consider my Tira to be mediocre at best.

Tira is a high risk/low reward character so it's going to be tough to win with her. That, aside from her awesome design, is one of the reasons I like her the most out of the 3 characters I do play.

I, personally, am always ignorant to tiers whenever I choice my characters in fighting games. I always have been and I always will be. I simply choice my characters from their physical design and play style. If it's discovered that particular character is high or well placed on the tier list, so be it (my case with ABA in GG and Makoto in 3S. Same applies to Sets and Cass in SC). If it's discovered that particular character is low or poorly placed on the tier list, so be it (my case with Cammy in ST. Same applies to Tira in SC). I never give a damn.

What's good with Tira?

Been gone for a minute, but I found you guys another goodie. You can get oki off of her B throw and her back throw! After either throw an immediate BF 66B will catch rollers. In JS 22_88B will catch all but right roll. 1K will catch all for piddling damage but less pushback and 1B will catch all but has more pushback. Try it out, you'll love the damage and the mind games.

What's good with Tira? (General Discussion Thr

Can anybody have a Tira mirror match with me? I know I'm probably not the best player now, but soon enough I'll hopefully get better, and if you could record the match's between us I'd really appreciate it.
All I want is to improve right now, don't really care about win's or loss's.

Can anybody have a Tira mirror match with me? I know I'm probably not the best player now, but soon enough I'll hopefully get better, and if you could record the match's between us I'd really appreciate it.
All I want is to improve right now, don't really care about win's or loss's.

i'd like to have a mirror match, but i cannot record the match. is that ok?

Cool with me dude.I just need to gain some experience so I don't suck so bad xD!

I loves Tira's Side step and her grabs they do damage and look cool and hey jumping B is so cool u ever jump over a low and hit someone with that it just makes ur day. the only thing i dont like about Tira is match-ups over than that shes the shizz

Edit: i need more Tira's to fight look me up on xbox live ill play anyone

Damn ZacEfron we need to schedule when to have our match or something xD
I keep on forgetting to make a session or I don't notice you're online xP

Damn ZacEfron we need to schedule when to have our match or something xD
I keep on forgetting to make a session or I don't notice you're online xP

yeah man whenever you're online we always seem to be playing different games, lol. my gold account just expired the other day but i should have it back by christmas. as for scheduling that normally doesn't work out too well for me because my plans change a lot outside of live so i dont want to leave you hanging.. i'm mostly online at night (9pm-3amish) eastern time but every so often i'll hop on around 3-6ish. just send me a message if you know for sure one day you'll be on at a certain time and if i see it i'll get back to you.

GG's Becky-BJ just wish they we're recorded.
And who was that guy anyways?He beat me like he was a Pimp and I was a Hoe that owed him money xD
So do you want any advice even though I suck ,lol. Wouldn't mind if you gave me some advice to, please. :]

GG's Becky-BJ just wish they we're recorded.
And who was that guy anyways?He beat me like he was a Pimp and I was a Hoe that owed him money xD
So do you want any advice even though I suck ,lol. Wouldn't mind if you gave me some advice to, please. :]

woahhhh i believe that i was the one that got a firm spanking in that room. both of you beat me down like it was a hate crime. you have a good tira, idk why you are not confident about it. advice is always welcome over here. i honestly dont remember any major "flaws" in your gameplay and you had a really unique mixup going on. you also didnt fall for any of my lame tricks. only good things to say, really. we'll have to play again so i can be more educated about this.
he's a local player over here and if it makes you feel any better, i'm pretty sure he's gotten to finals/won in some tournaments. i think his name is enkindu on 8wayrun.

Back