Tira Video Archive and Discussion

A combo I recorded one day out of boredom =O

GS 44B, 88B, (wallsplat) 4B: B: B, 4A:A, 6AAAAA Probably could have ended with 22B or something.

[youtube=Tira Combo]h2UXim2IZk0[/youtube]

Question:

Are some of the Lightning Nightmare combos still viable in the patch?

I tried some of the Gloomy ones and seems air time is less.

Online matches....lul

Hey, I think emo prinny should have blocked better and used C3A on your numerous whiffs. Nothing you did was particularly horible. You need to throw more (offline at least), since it's her best dmg option, though you threw more as the matches went on... Hilde is Tira's worst match up, you wins seem to be derived mainly from his lack of ability to block 11B and it's set ups, or any lows. I liked the GS 2A+B, 22B, 66666B combo, I'ma have to see what dmg that does or if it's even guaranteed.

Not taking anything away from prinny's offline play, but his online Hilde looks pretty bad... Just about anything would have hit him, so it's hard to gauge the quality of your set ups.

Post round win, is it more reliable to taunt or A+K? i always thought taunt for the switch, but you seem to favor A+K.

cha cha

Post round win, is it more reliable to taunt or A+K? i always thought taunt for the switch, but you seem to favor A+K.
I do A+K cuz it's faster but taunt is more likely to work. I should've thought about that. 11B is my go-to low. No one reads that ish. I guarantee if you see a vid with my Tira you'll see 11B. But anyway thanks chacha. I've learned the hard way to not be cute against Hilde and bait her in such a risky way. I'll do better next time promise! Oh yea the 22B is guaranteed since no matter what they try it'll hit them grounded unless there's a way to escape it I don't know of yet.

nice matches! in Hilde's defense, 11B is REALLY hard to block online, and if you noticed, the WS B followup wasn't even hitting on CH and that is already hard to interrupt post 11B . I think online is the reason why these things were working.
The combos are all gauranteed

Miko, you shouldn't do the full jf of 66B, you should try doing 6666B, as it's less likely to revert her to JS at the cost of....how much dmg? i'm not sure, but worth it imo to do that sacrifice sometimes unless u're gonna kill them with it.

I think also u could've implemented more throws and 3B while in GS like chacha mentioned. In JS, online, 8WR left K, is damn hard to see, even offline it's pretty fast.

Instead of using 22B for combos for the lows, try using 11B, gives great adv on the opponent, and in some cases of tech like post 1A, you can get them BT. Very neat stuff, play with it a bit.

hmm 11B is very blockable on reaction offline, especially used the way he used it, it's also very steppable. I'd like to see 11B set ups that hit actual players that can block on reaction. I mean, I still use it lots, especually if I find out they cant block it, but it's super hard to get CH with and very easy to 'accidentally step'.

The problem with Tira is, if someone knows how to see or block her lows, she has no mix ups. She's a character that is forced to 'wait, block and retaliate' and it makes her mix up game very weak. She has no frame advantage to speak off, she has NO oki to speak of and she can't maintain pressure on someone, ie- ppl can roll away from her set ups on wake up easily and she can be out poked and out turtled easily.

My answer to that is of course to 6K/2B/2K a lot and threaten throws all the time. Get them to fear the throws so you can get more GS 88B or 3B attempts in.

Also 6A+B is great againsy edges and walls, ppl rarely step it the right way, and it tracks decent for a big UB. Also updraft K, if you can master the range in which it hits low, people almost always try to GI high/mid or too early, it's a great set up tool and GS 66666B is guaranteed off it. Try intergrating those more.

Where was all the 2B/2K pokes Miko?

cha cha

A move being steppable means absolutely nothing to me. That's an intended weakness of verts and pointing that out doesn't make them bad. Besides emo froze up like most do so I can get my 11B on. I'd like to see how it is offline myself since my view of what works is indeed skewed by having only online experiences to rely on.

I did some 2K. Mostly when I was putting pressure on him. Didn't need 2B against emo so I didn't think about it. I'm gonna experiment some more with things if I fight emo again like I did with that 4A+B in the 3rd match. I'll never fully agree with chacha's assesment of Tira because I can make it work, but I do realize her weaknesses like anyone should with their characters. Once my rust wears off I'll add in what u suggest dear Blaze. That sounds like fun.

My assesments come from real tournament situations vs good players. So don't agree with them all you want, but don't patronize me by saying "you make them work", because it's all about WHO you make them work against.

Online is always the worst way to judge skill, and effectiveness.

But if that is your chosen feild of battle, then use what works for you of course. Just don't tell me the stuff you do will transfer to reasonable competition offline, cuz it won't.

cha cha

Take offense if you want but that's not how you should take it. I don't focus on the negatives but you'll always say what you'll say so we'll agree to disagree. I know your experiences are real but I'm not drudging here. It'll be what it'll be.

EDIT: See how I tried that oki off her B and back throws? Darn emo for getting up! He needs to roll lol.

Hmm, I don't think you get ringed out if its not a counter attack ,me'thinks.
And at least that not as bad as Talim and Cervantes. I find myself ringing-out with Setsuka using her A+K B
move near the edge.So just learn to avoid it, you know learn from experience and crap like that :P

Back