Tira Video Archive and Discussion

Tira Vid Archive and Discussion

http://www.8wayrun.com/f13/halister-invitational-matches-9-20-t742/#post10795

The link contains my Tira vs Taki and Hilde, other Tira matches vs Voldo and Lizard didn't get recorded, I won those each 5-0 as well

Anyways, I want some advice on one specific match up. I feel I can run Tira vs everyone in the game EXCEPT Hilde. Hilde's up close pokes are better than Tira's, if Tira whiffs, she is auto-dead vs Hilde on a Ring Out stage and overall Hilde has superior tools to Tira, since Tira can't poke her well. I felt I used everything in Tira's book, and still lost the set 2-5.

Taki, is another bad match up, but I was able to win the set 5-0 due to knowing Taki's tools and being able to space and out poke.
Interesting fact. If you block the first part of Taki's 4A+B Ninja bomb, you can wsK over the next part :)

cha cha

You needs mo' WS A cha cha. Too much stepping. Nice job trying to condition him tho. GS B+K's aGI window is small so be really careful. You can bait with a BB fest in their face. I've gotten it that way several times. It ruins Sieg's WS game. You definitely seem more comfortable in Jolly. Try some tech crouches when she PO rushes you. PO A and K are both high. Were those seemingly random GS 66Bs on purpose? I'd hate to see you lose because of that. Great job overall. You did well against that player. AA, BB, and 2K all day lol. Don't forget 6K since it TJs so it's great against the bombs.

There's a general anti-Hilde thread over at CF but since you don't go there I'll quote it for you.

Originally posted by Shen Yuan
I hope that through this, we can identify how to punish Hilde's options and eat less nonsense (C3B/FC C2B) unnecessarily... Please contribute if you can :)

Moves that SHOULD be punished on guard

(The data might be inaccurate... but it is VERY slight... Im basing this off memory at the moment.)

1K - -20 on guard.

The problem with this is that there is the second K to fear... and the second K is slightly delayable. the second K on CH gives her a free 4A+B for good damage.

1KK - -16 on guard

Not everyone can punish this because of the pushback... For example, mitsu cannot punish this at all.

2K - -14 on guard

Most FC2As should punish this on guard... Sophie should 236B.

33K - -11 on guard when blocked at max range and -14 if guarded close

It is good at mid range as it gives her a chance to play a 50/50 off a shakable stun... She does not really need it IMO. Important to note against Hildes who love this move to get in.

WSA+B - - 16 on guard

She don't really need this move... She has much better attacks from FC!

1A - -20 on guard

It is a good low poke considering its good damage... problem is that it is one of her TWO (total of 6 lows... the other 4 are better and are safe :) ) really unsafe low; 1KK is a string, so its safer...

6A+B - -17 on guard

She really does not need this move... C2 and C3A serve its purpose better IMO.

4B+K - -15 on guard

Not everyone can punish this due to pushout.. making it very powerful against some characters.

2B+K - -20 on guard

This should ONLY be used in combos. Its damage as a standing low is crap and its very unsafe.

1B- - 17 on guard.

However, it leaves her out so far its tough to punish with anything. The best bet is to sidestep and make it whiff.

FC C3BB near wall (less pushback) - -?

Free BB... thats for sure. DO NOT let Hilde get away with this near the wall.

Of the above, 1K, 1KK, 2K, 33K, 1B and 4B+K would be the more common ones... the rest are much worse you use in the middle of the game.

See how safe she is now? 1K is not easy to punish because there is a mixup. 2K is not very punishable against most of the cast. 33K cant be punished by many characters if done from mid range... same for 4B+K. Many of the punishable moves are the moves she does not really need IMO.

STOP EATING C3B

1. Do not whiff unnecessarily. You should only whiff if the Hilde BAITS you to whiff. Other than that, no shadow boxing.

2. Step to her right more when moving in. This might open you up to C2A/C3A/3A more but hey those can be guarded... and when it hits its much better than getting launched by C3B from far range. If the C3B is stepped, please punish it. She is very open because the attack duration is long.

3.. On guard... know your range. If you have to move in to attack, Hilde is at advantage because of C3A and her pokes... If you have good range USE IT.

Hilde should only be landing C2B, C3B and FC C2B when

1. She baits you to whiff.

2. She mixes it up with a throw.

And yes they are all safe. Not that C2B is + on block.

Be careful of charged As!

FC C1A is uninterruptable by standard 2As after 3A hits... and it is neutral on guard and alot of adavantage on hit...

FC C2A has auto-GI properties, gives a combo on CH, kills step and gives blockstun. Off a 2K or a 11K this move is a beast. Very punishable on whiff.

FC C3A is a whopping + 4 on guard... on CH it can be easily hit checked to combo into K B B+K C2BB C2AA for very good damage. It is however, a HIGH.

C2 A is a mid that is minor advantage on guard (+2 IIRC) AND it pushes out alot so it leaves her in a good position to bait for a whiff and launch you.

C3A is another mid that gives a +4 on guard... kills step and combos into 4A+B or C2BB C2AA.

These can be randomly stepped to Hilde's left... but again that is covered by C2B, C3B and FC C2B.

Do not attempt to punish these moves

2A+K: Safe

2A+B: Safe. It pushes out. So you might whiff :)

FC C1B: Safe!

Beware these strings:

4AK: It is safe and the K is very delayable. Gives a + 4 on hit.

1KK: mentioned above.

22AA: -2 on guard.

At disadvantage Hilde can do

C3A/C2A/FCC2A : Auto-GIs

1B: Very strong retreating move that hits low. Good against short ranged characters

7K. Long range high that retreats.

A+K: Jumping mid that leaves opponent side turned.

6B+K: Jumping mid. Good against long range lows from mina/kilik.

6A+K: i12 interrupted.

FC C2B: Crouches a bit :).

I'm not the best tira and I am suffering from the flu but here we go!

*More to coming waiting on CY to upload the rest*

Last Night

EDIT: Vids from almost a month ago

Man, could you remove those 2 vids of me in the OP? That was when I just chose Tira randomly while me and beta where recording matches, I didn't know anything about her back then. Hopefully in the next week or two I can record a few Tira matches but those 2 are just plain bad. : /

also, does 22_88 k always hit after a 1a? I thought that whiffed on downed opponents.

Why remove them? It may be your trashy play, but they're still Tira vids. lawl

Those vids are god awful though, lol

Man, I suck in those videos. And shit, I just got done uplaoding them all. Anyway, I could have play better, but didn't like it.

Edit: Fuck firefox. It gives me a virus anyway. And beside, I really don't care right now how I type.

Man, I suck in those videos. And shit, I jsut got doen uplaoding them all. Anyway, I could have paly better, but didn't like it.

use Firefox it spell checks for you dawg. ..

Start recording my damn Yoda matches!

Man, I suck in those videos. And shit, I jsut got doen uplaoding them all. Anyway, I could have paly better, but didn't like it.

You were in the wrong game. Bubble Bobbles 20 years <--- that way.

Nice videos.

Minerva - it does whiff if they lie, I think I was told that it tracks one of her sides and of course it will catch a tech. CY was a fool for not seeing the pattern.

Moar mixups please but other than that solid performance...I would have loved to have seen some aggressive rushes though.

You were in the wrong game. Bubble Bobbles 20 years <--- that way.

Nice videos.

Minerva - it does whiff if they lie, I think I was told that it tracks one of her sides and of course it will catch a tech. CY was a fool for not seeing the pattern.

Moar mixups please but other than that solid performance...I would have loved to have seen some aggressive rushes though.

I really wasn't a fool. But I really didn't give a shit at the time of the recording. I just wanted it to done, and that it. But msot of you know I can play better anyway.

Added link to zer0kage's youtube profile. There are vids in it from our very own Jlikew00t.

no one cares :(
i'm not famous enough.

I should go around and fuck everyones mother. That should make me high profile enough.

Um, for the 2nd and 3rd links, are they supposed to take you to Filefront? Because, from there, I can't get to the vids.

Guess I'll link my old stuff here like I did on CF for those who haven't seen it. Youtube raped ma vids -_-

Anybody mind having a Tira mirror match with me. I wouldn't mind if it was recorded either but that's just a suggestion :/......please

Back