Tira Patch Discussion

From me:
JS 44[K] should always shift (or near always)
K+G should always shift
JS B+K should have a much LARGER (not early, but LARGER) window to activate the Auto-GI move
[A+K] should not get the double shift (at least not often) where she successfully lands the GI, then lands the headbutt, only to go back to banging her head some more.

From Shinobi Brown
4A+B and 4[A+B] should track OR
4[A+B] should become unblockable when charged long enough OR
4A+B and 4[A+B] should do more soul guage damage

why does JS B+K matter anyway?

The theme of my changes make GS more accessible. Notice almost every change I suggested involve making transition moves more reliable. That's all that really matters to me.

If Namco wants to make Tira's JS AA/BB have the same frames as GS versions, great! But until they do that, I'm going to stick with GS as much as possible.

From Shinobi Brown
4A+B and 4[A+B] should track OR
4[A+B] should become unblockable when charged long enough OR
4A+B and 4[A+B] should do more soul guage damage

if it tracks will be nice.but i think it will be one of the most abuse moves in the game after that.
i think the most important think in that move is to be canceled after one row.(people most of the times are waiting to canceled this move or they side steping it).So if Tira can be canceled this move after a round or after a 3 rounds will be more safe to Tira and more mind game for the opponents.

Great ideas in here.

These would be nice as well imo:
GS 33_99B - tracking, at least a bit
GS 6bK - Knockdown on normal Hit

Surprised nobody mentioned this, but her GS 4BBB JF should have less recovery, and the third hit shouldn't be able to be able to be GI'ed when 1st two are blocked. It should work like Setz 1,2,3, where once one hit hits, the rest all hit.

Also 4AA JF shouldnt be shakable, and should have faster recovery.

44K's mood transition should occur more frequently

Wha? 4A:A isn't shakeable. I don't use GS 4B outside of certain combos so it doesn't bug me. If it were NC it'd be too good. I'd bait that ish all day if it were as fast as Zas' 4B.

Hm, I coulda sworn you could shake it. Anyway, the fact still remains that you don't really have too many follow ups due to the nature of that move which I hope they could change.

Surprised nobody mentioned this, but her GS 4BBB JF should have less recovery, and the third hit shouldn't be able to be able to be GI'ed when 1st two are blocked. It should work like Setz 1,2,3, where once one hit hits, the rest all hit.

its not the same thing.Setsuka's work like that because the last hit is high.
Tira's 4B:B:B hit mid.and still is not SO unsafe for every move.but like Mikosu said its not a move that you are using often except for combos.if you want to use that move at your gameplay you should use it after a GI for a mix up and only the first part.because after that the rest is pretty unsafe.(atlist against players which have good punish moves like Sophie for example or Hilde that they are doing massive damage and RO moves.)

isn't shakable.maybe you mean 44K in JS.which is shakable.

Anyway, the fact still remains that you don't really have too many follow ups due to the nature of that move which I hope they could change.

on the contrary.you have 44444K 44444K 66666B in Gloomy for example and 44K in Jolly which you can cancel it and you can do 6AB and then BT B+K B if the opponent doesnt cancel it.and of course mix up game in both moods.

The theme of my changes make GS more accessible. Notice almost every change I suggested involve making transition moves more reliable. That's all that really matters to me.

If Namco wants to make Tira's JS AA/BB have the same frames as GS versions, great! But until they do that, I'm going to stick with GS as much as possible.

not the only reason its bad

try doing maxis 236K while doing JS B+K

also one move i want to be fixed is (GS) 44B

it must be more fast to hit the opponent.because its still very slow even after a GI and opponent can guard it.
adding tracking to this move will be great.

also one move i want to be fixed is (GS) 44B

it must be more fast to hit the opponent.because its still very slow even after a GI and opponent can guard it.
adding tracking to this move will be great.

Post-GI if they re-GI this will hit. This move's always been slow, linear, and late aGI. It's one of those hard-to-apply-but-so-very-rewarding-when-you-do moves. You may not believe me saying this but I think it's fine as is lol.

Post-GI if they re-GI this will hit.

ofcourse but instead the possibilities in this are almost zero.even so are negatives for Tira i guess.

This move's always been slow, linear, and late aGI. It's one of those hard-to-apply-but-so-very-rewarding-when-you-do moves.

right....so a change will be perfect ;)

You may not believe me saying this but I think it's fine as is lol.

i havent a problem with this move.but i wanted more usefull than it is now.

Another good thing would be more variety with her Updraft. A high move would be great because 1G beats Updraft in any case. Or give it less recovery after landing without followup.

The greatest improvment of UD would be a throw while landing on the opponents face, like Voldo's CR A+G/B+G.

Only want 3 changes

A decent UPD A
A fast, 85%+ way to get in to GS
Better throw damage, and damage in general

Okay, let's get serious here for a minute. Tira currently has two problems.
1) JS sucks
2) GS is medicore

So unless they beef up GS like crazy, whatever change they make to Tira will not make a substantial difference. If GS is not goddesslike, then anything short of beefing up both stances isn't going to solve the problem of Tira not having the proper tools when she needs them.

Since I'm such a high risk person, I wouldn't mind if JS sucked so long as GS is the best character in the game.

Back