Tira Patch Discussion

mikosu

Goderator of pink hearts
This post will conglomerate Tira suggestions as they come along. I quoted suggestions with balance in mind so consider that.

General
-Make self-damage not kill her (several)
-Guaranteed practical mood transition (SkatanMilla)
-No self-damage on block (HelterSkelter)
-No self-damage on whiff (Jlikew00t)

Move-specific
-JS 33_66_99AA less punishable and/or gain a 3rd hit (echeesekid)
-WS B hit grounded (echeesekid)
-JS 66B hit grounded (several)
-Make CH 7_8_9KK hit (mikosu)
-GS 66K hit mid all the way through (echeesekid)
-JS 2A+B hitbox problem (everyone)
-JS 44[K] lolwut? (Fact that it increases switch chance isn't enough to many.)

I'm noting posters since these suggested changes can be debated.

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

You can add me to the list:
JS (and/or GS) FC 2K,& 2A shouldn't have standing frames at their start.
Fix JS Tira swaying/range problem.
Improve SC/CF for 3A... at least give it a use!
GS 44B... how about fixing the active frame to something more usable?
Put something in the life bar to indicate what mood she's in! Or give her an aura.
Extend GS 3kB's range a little. It's frustrating enough to land a Stun, only to have it slightly out of range.
Give us back 44&44[A] (her charge stuff) of SC3! ;_;

SCIV in general:
Moves with forward momentum should not push opponents aside, resulting in whiffs. Ex. Tira 9B in certain situations.

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

lame suggestions.

no self harm on whiff, 66B hit grounded...

DONE. stop being greedy.

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

No one is being greedy.
I think nearly every suggestion has been more than reasonable.

Asking for moves from SC3?
'Fix' JS swaying? WTF

I think dying from self harm is absolute garbage. Then again you could argue the fact that Yoshi has a similar thing....so...I really don't know where I stand on this one.

I am still in the 'self harm should be removed entirely' category....but i'll save this for another time since i'm already chatting to Mikosu about it in flashchat....i know it'll never happen.

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

Jlikew00t is right.

I mean, JS 66A,A being less punishable on block or having a third hit?

The move is ONLY for whiff punishing. It's SUPPOSED to be unsafe.

You can ask for this stuff if Namco is making a SC4:DR, but for a patch update? Just fix her bugs and maybe make a few more stance-related shifts more consistent or guaranteed.

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

One of my biggest complaints so far, also 2k should be +frames. Or get any low that gives +frames. It's retarded when someone is just standing there holding G and you hit them with 2k and get CH for trying to follow up with something (44K). 1A is safe and leads to a follow up combo / oki but it can be blocked on reaction.

Lastly am I the only one that notices that if you put the CPU dummy in Training mode as Tira (or 2P side I guess), she always starts in Gloomy? I haven't had a chance to see if this is a 2P only thing but if you could choose pre-match what stance you started the round with (like hold G before the match starts or something) that'd be really useful. As most of us either wait for a combo that leads to 44K, lose enough health to random switch near the end of round 1 or win the round entirely in Jolly Stance and switch via taunt before round 2. and sometimes the next round you're still in Jolly stance.
-Q

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

2p side has a higher chance of starting in gloomy...i'm not sure if it's guaranteed..

could be the same deal with taunting at end of round into gloomy and starting in jolly.

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

I think everyone's 2K is -frames on hit.

Tira's is already one of the better ones, but +frames on hit with 2K would be frickin' nutso good. Like SC2 Ivy's K2 but with range. That's practically broken, son.

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

I'm just pointing out the pace of the game itself when someone:
-attack
-block
-attack
-block
-attack hits (so they now have +frames)
-attack
-block

shit's really annoying when someone just attacks and then holds G in anticipation for your attack. If you throw them it's not guaranteed damage cuz it's a 50/50 A or B throw break. And you can only set-up traps in Gloomy (WS K on block has set-ups, as does 66666A on block). So in order to do damage and get some kind of offense goin aside from that you do 2K, it hits then you get hit for tryin to follow up. I hate that, ESPECIALLY when playing Tira.

On a side note, Taki's 2K was +frames on hit in SC3 they changed that shit to in SC4 to negative.
-Q

Ninja Cannon Edit: actually I think Jolly 44 B has set-ups on hit. I'll test it when I get a chance, my bad.

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

Can't be helped that this turned into wishlists lol. But here's what I'd like to see. CH 7_8_9KK needs to hit. It's silly to be stuck to B but I can deal if it never changes. JS 2A+B needs lookin' at again. Practical guaranteed mood change? I can live without that. It's similar to Zappa's ghosts. I can adapt just fine because I have no choice but to. I'd suggest only one complete self-damage change or do it by individual moves. No damage on whiff would be nice. Self-damage not killing her would be even better. I don't want Tira to become a win button. I play her because she's difficult and different. So if nothing ever changes I'm fine....but I can dream.

BTW there are lots of negative frames around now because of the SG. Imagine dealing with a move that crushed in 6 and is + on block. Not pretty.

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

BTW there are lots of negative frames around now because of the SG. Imagine dealing with a move that crushed in 6 and is + on block. Not pretty.

Yep. Tira has a mad soul crush game and your opponent will more than likely not even realize until it's too late - which would probably leave them a little more open to some of your more daring attacks.

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

Can't be helped that this turned into wishlists lol. But here's what I'd like to see. CH 7_8_9KK needs to hit. It's silly to be stuck to B but I can deal if it never changes. JS 2A+B needs lookin' at again. Practical guaranteed mood change? I can live without that. It's similar to Zappa's ghosts. I can adapt just fine because I have no choice but to. I'd suggest only one complete self-damage change or do it by individual moves. No damage on whiff would be nice. Self-damage not killing her would be even better. I don't want Tira to become a win button. I play her because she's difficult and different. So if nothing ever changes I'm fine....but I can dream.

This stuff.

Actually, I'd be willing to continue to die from self damage if all the moves that Tira did that hurt herself inflicted and equal amount of chip damage to the opponent on block. Mmmm....chip damage...

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

This stuff.

Actually, I'd be willing to continue to die from self damage if all the moves that Tira did that hurt herself inflicted and equal amount of chip damage to the opponent on block. Mmmm....chip damage...

lol, that was awesome.

Tira v1.03 Patch Changes

Hmm that's interesting, but might be a bit abuseable. You'd definitely see a more GS 66B and 666B on low health opps, heh.

In any case, I'd prefer no self-damage at all.

What's good with Tira? (General Discussion Thr

After seeing that JS B+K video I'm consolidating all my ideas for patch changes/wishlist again. I'm thinking in the idea of making her a character with more viable options.

-JS B+K having invincibility frames the whole way through. Damage from the counter could stay since it wouldn't be a big deal though no damage would be nice (hint hint).
-More moves hitting grounded. I favor JS 66B, GS 33_99B, and 4B+K.
-JS 3B launches higher so A+B combos all the time for reliable damage.
-A+K/[A+K] does less HP damage. If not toned down let it give her a temporary power boost or increase how much HP GS B+K regains. Just let there be a point to losing that much HP for free.
-JS 44[K].....either get rid of it or make it have much less HP loss.
-4A+B_[A+B] is actually ok for what it is despite my earlier opinion but a tracking element would be nice. Charging to an UB and being releasable anytime would be too good. Heck they could turn this into a stance similar to her old 11_44B. The animation makes them wanna step so she'd have an anti-step A, the current move as the B, and a TC K that can be comboed after. Would an aGI from it be too greedy?

From ShinobiBrown:
-JS B+K should be a counter where it lets "her eat up to 3 consecutive hits, and then GI the 4 hit making her counter move deal 10% more damage of the 3 hits she ate."
-[A+K] GI's all non-body attacks through-out the animation and guaranteed mood change (during the head bangs).

I wish I could get in contact with Namdai somehow. These suggestions would improve Tira drastically.

no self dmg plox

better soul gauge or better soul crush ability kind of hard to punish with such a shitty soul gauge

Alright guys. All the patch discussion we've had about dear Tira is too good to go ignored. So I moved all the old appropriate posts here for a focused chat.

i think you forget the most important thing.
the first to be fixed problem must be Tira's hitbox.
Tira's hitbox is probably one of the worst in SCIV.
so i think this must be the first thing.
the other i agree with the first post of Mikosu.

......and i want to add in these:
General
-Make self-damage not kill her (several)
-Guaranteed practical mood transition (SkatanMilla)
-No self-damage on block (HelterSkelter)
-No self-damage on whiff (Jlikew00t)
that she must gain health back in more moves.not only after B+K (GS) AutoGI.for axample: maybe after 66666B because Tira changes most of the times to (JS).i dont know something like that.

also Tira musn't change mood trancition during a combo.(i think that is closely to what SkatanMilla said)

now for the other:
Move-specific
-JS 33_66_99AA less punishable and/or gain a 3rd hit (echeesekid)
-WS B hit grounded (echeesekid)
-Make CH 7_8_9KK hit (mikosu)
-GS 66K hit mid all the way through (echeesekid)
-JS 2A+B hitbox problem (everyone)
-JS 44[K] lolwut? (Fact that it increases switch chance isn't enough to many.)

1) atlist the first hit must be safe.
2)not care that much.but ill be more happy if they fix it to hit grounded opponents.
3)OFCOURSE must hit grounded.why they change this from SCIII!!!i dont understant that.
4)hmm...not bad but.....maybe it will be too much i guess.
5)it will be nice.why not.
6)yes.must fixed that too.same problem with SCIII.
7)also i dont want Tira to get dizzy on hit.
and some others:

-(GS) 66A must take advantage on block in 666A not in 66666A.
-(JS) 66B not punishable.
-(GS) 88B not punishable.
-(JS),(GS) 4A+B must be canceled after a row.
-77_11K completely safe even from fast pokes like Taki's AA.
-(GS) 4B:B:B must be safe on block.

Back