Sophie's juggles/combos/なになに

juggles/combos/なになに

With 3A+B and 33A+B you can still land both hits in the juggle, you just have to watch the height better. The real problem with doing them now is that the damage was nerfed for opponent's in the air so 236236B or 66A+B (or 44B+K for the wake-up) are much better options. I've also only seen it hit once now on opponent's who are grounded and not teching and on enemies who are falling from the stun like on CH 44K. It used to hit twice and seemed like one of the better options to follow CH 44K, but now it's worthless, adds maybe 4 damage.

Longshot; It's true the advantage isn't great and they can optionally hold 2G to come up ducking, but as was said it could catch people off guard. The Wiki (which appears to not have been updated) says 9B does 32 damage.

As for other changes when I was trying out the 22A 236236AA tech trap that Brewtus mentioned it seems like I could tech it to sophi's right, but I'd like confirmation on that from someone else. BB feels slower to me, but I've got nothing to back that up. As was stated in another post it does less damage now, 29 is what I've been getting.

236236AA also catches opponent's foot on the way down after 22_88B if you were close enough when it hit, but I don't know if it always did that or if you can JF tech it.

juggles/combos/なになに

With 3A+B and 33A+B you can still land both hits in the juggle, you just have to watch the height better. The real problem with doing them now is that the damage was nerfed for opponent's in the air so 236236B or 66A+B (or 44B+K for the wake-up) are much better options. I've also only seen it hit once now on opponent's who are grounded and not teching and on enemies who are falling from the stun like on CH 44K. It used to hit twice and seemed like one of the better options to follow CH 44K, but now it's worthless, adds maybe 4 damage.
Thanks for the info.

juggles/combos/なになに

Sorry it was a little inaccurate though. I rechecked it and 3A+B is just harder to hit with on the juggle, it's damage relative to the other choices is fairly similar to how it was before if you get them both. The damage on the whole combo changed and I got a little confused.

juggles/combos/なになに

The initial post might want to be updated to differentiate between NC and NCc. Anyway...

33/99B, B+K juggle for behind the back ringout fun.

juggles/combos/なになに

OK well lemme spill some magic fellah's and probably most of these have been posted but too lazy to look back

66b , B+K, 6k = 61 DMG

A+B (on a mid kick) 236B (just frame 236B seems to whiff once in a while so take your time)= 51 DMG

4K CH, 44k, B2 : B : B : B : 216B (flashy as hell, instead you can just 66b for the last part for 2 more damage...but where is the fun in that!) = 50 DMG

WALL COMBOS:

66B (wall splat), 33B, 236236B (REALLY HARD, you have to tap G to turn and start stepping your ass off) = 91 DMG!

something much more common to see wall splat is 4B+K so...

4B+K SPLAT, 33K SPLAT, 236236AA, 236B:4 = 71 DMG

also when and if you hit them with a 66B and they are close to the wall but not close enough for a wall splat, you can 66A+B them to the wall for a wall splat for crazy combos and damage...so gimme some feed back if your having trouble or if my combos are scrubby!

peace

juggles/combos/なになに

Whoa.
Ramon?
In an SA?
Spitting knowledge and/or combos?
I can calmly wait for the end of the world now.
:china:

juggles/combos/なになに

Sup Sophy players.... was messing around with her the other day... and i found...

44 A,A is a natural combo and she will only finish the second hit when the first hit actually hits them... its pretty sweet... i havent seen anything in the wiki on this move... and no frame data so i was wondering if you only do 44A if its safe? and does anyone throw this move out?

Her wall combos are disgusting... I found alot out yesterday but basicly the easiest and most damaging one is... either a throw off the wall... which isnt guaranteed...

or 66B W! 4B+K W! 66B+K,A,B G 236236B

22 gives a weird wall splat sometimes... and you can get a guaranteed BT throw... like 106 damage i think.... Defintely worth a try...

People have been blocking 22 and i get no free 236B after... I dont think its guaranteed... I've even done it when they are against the wall and still no free 236:B unless i'm just doing it too late which i dont think i am...

anyways thanks for the help... I'm pretty good at figureing out crazy combos, i'm picking up sophy now so i'll be posting what i find soon...

juggles/combos/なになに

How do you execute the jf for B2BBB? I did it a few times when she glowed silver but is the glow suppose to sustain for all the stabs? And the opponent didn't bounce up for a 236B, so am I doing it wrongly?

juggles/combos/なになに

How do you execute the jf for B2BBB? I did it a few times when she glowed silver but is the glow suppose to sustain for all the stabs? And the opponent didn't bounce up for a 236B, so am I doing it wrongly?

Yea i'm new in the soph forums but since no one answers questions here I'll help out...

The timing with the stab should be the same everytime you hit B so whatever makes her glow silver at first keep that rythm.... and yes shes supposed to glow for all of them

if you do it correctly after the 4th stab it will bounce the opponent off the floor and you can finish with 236B but it has to be the one thats a part of the combo.... so the notation is

B2: B: B:B236:B I've hit it a couple times its pretty flashy when you pull it off makes people say WTF? :)

juggles/combos/なになに

Thanks for the reply. How do you do the jf? Are you suppose to hit B and 2 immediately after each other cause I can't seem to do it all the time, 236B too. What is the function of jf anyway?

juggles/combos/なになに

44 A,A is a natural combo and she will only finish the second hit when the first hit actually hits them... its pretty sweet... i havent seen anything in the wiki on this move... and no frame data so i was wondering if you only do 44A if its safe? and does anyone throw this move out?

22 gives a weird wall splat sometimes... and you can get a guaranteed BT throw... like 106 damage i think.... Defintely worth a try...

People have been blocking 22 and i get no free 236B after... I dont think its guaranteed... I've even done it when they are against the wall and still no free 236:B unless i'm just doing it too late which i dont think i am...

The data is in the Wiki correctly. 44A is safe on block and automatically adds a 2nd hit launcher on CH. Pressing A again does nothing and the extra attack does not come out on normal hit. The move is slow, about i25 making it an awful move to fish for CH with. I think you can get 236236B on the launcher.

22_88 is only 30 damage and her BT throw 35, how are you getting all that damage? Is it right side throw Broken Promise or w/e?

22_88 does guarantee 236B and not just against the wall. The frame count is exact though so you need to buffer it. Don't need the JF, though I wonder why it's not hitting if you're getting it. Biggest problem with 22_88B in general is it's both slow and duckable. TC is pretty sweet though.

How do you do the jf? Are you suppose to hit B and 2 immediately after each other cause I can't seem to do it all the time, 236B too. What is the function of jf anyway?

As far as I know there is no JF on the 2. They start as of the second B. You need to press the second B about as the attack is connecting (maybe a little bit before) and then find her rythm as RedDjinn stated above. What do you mean when you say function? As was already said if you JF stabs 2-4 it bounces the opponent on the ground with they were down leading up to possibly hitting the 236B at the end, but I don't know if that answers your question.

/edit/ If you're asking what the function of 236:B JF is nobody seems to have found any.

juggles/combos/なになに

Ya, I'm just asking in general what does jf do. Does it make the attack more damaging, faster or less punishable or stuff. I'm also having trouble getting 236B after 22_88. Are you suppose to connect them together like a combo to hit and not after 22_88 then hit 236B? Thanks for the reply.

juggles/combos/なになに

The data is in the Wiki correctly. 44A is safe on block and automatically adds a 2nd hit launcher on CH. Pressing A again does nothing and the extra attack does not come out on normal hit. The move is slow, about i25 making it an awful move to fish for CH with. I think you can get 236236B on the launcher.

22_88 is only 30 damage and her BT throw 35, how are you getting all that damage? Is it right side throw Broken Promise or w/e?

22_88 does guarantee 236B and not just against the wall. The frame count is exact though so you need to buffer it. Don't need the JF, though I wonder why it's not hitting if you're getting it. Biggest problem with 22_88B in general is it's both slow and duckable. TC is pretty sweet though.

As far as I know there is no JF on the 2. They start as of the second B. You need to press the second B about as the attack is connecting (maybe a little bit before) and then find her rythm as RedDjinn stated above. What do you mean when you say function? As was already said if you JF stabs 2-4 it bounces the opponent on the ground with they were down leading up to possibly hitting the 236B at the end, but I don't know if that answers your question.

/edit/ If you're asking what the function of 236:B JF is nobody seems to have found any.

perfect corrections... lol beat me to it sir

juggles/combos/なになに

Ya, I'm just asking in general what does jf do. Does it make the attack more damaging, faster or less punishable or stuff. I'm also having trouble getting 236B after 22_88. Are you suppose to connect them together like a combo to hit and not after 22_88 then hit 236B? Thanks for the reply.

JFs do different things, some JFs are required to get another attack in a string out, for example sophies 4[A]AA:A Just frame, the last attack wont come out unless you pressed the last A at the right time. Some add damage or a different stun 236B:4 (thats JF on 4 not on 236B) does more damage than 236B4 by about ten points, while cassandras 236: launches the opponent instead of stunning them (which 236 does). I think setsukas 2143a:B gets out faster than the normal version. Astaroth has JF command throws and they are harder to throw break. Some will just completely change what the attack does like cervantes 214:B. So in the end what a JF does is move dependent.

Now onto 22_88 236B. The idea here is if they block 22_88 and you can get 236B out as fast is possible it'll hit them no matter what they do. There are a lot of cool down frames to 22_88 so it might be difficult because you aren't allowed to buffer too early and you're likely to only hit with the tip of the sword if at all. Again the frames are exact so its important that you do input while you're reovering, hard as it may be. I haven't tried, but theoretically if you got them to block it in a corner you should be able to connect with a faster option like AA to relieve some of the difficulty. If 22_88 hits you get different (better) options, but 236B will not work.

juggles/combos/なになに

Yea thanks for the corrections.... anyways i'll get better as i go

I guess i was getting the right side throw... either way its worth throwing out like i said....

I guess her strongest ender on the wall is 236236B:4... I couldnt find anything better there were some for like 4 points less, and they are easier to do... but hey you guys are pros so 236236B:4 on the wall is the way to go i guess....

A funny combo if someone isnt air controling right is 66B, 9A, 236B Pretty sure its the most damaging one... long as they dont air control...

On the wall i'm liking 66B W! 4B+K 44K, B2 BBB:236B Just for the show of it...

44A , I knew it only worked on CH i was just saying the other A because i didnt know if anyone used this move.... and if you can get 236236B afterwards your awesome....

juggles/combos/なになに

The best use for 44A in my opinion is mixing it up with 11A. The two moves have just about the same startup time and the animation for the two moves are very, very similar. The followup for the CH 44A launcher is 236B and 11A's followup are holding A again for the unblockable or stop at 1A for frame traps. Despite this find I still rarely use 44A.

Here's a combo I found posted on a different character's soul arena:
236236B 236236B:4 ~123 damage. This is her highest damage combo. The first 236236B puts them into an unrecoverable stun. Normally, after 236236B, Sophitia's sword is stuck in your enemy and you can :4 to pull it out for damage. You effectively stun yourself, UNLESS you at a very specific spacing. You need to be in between barely poking and stabbing into your opponent, and you can tell when you've done this right when Sophitia is not frozen still like your opponent. When this happens, input 236236B as fast as you can (again). This time the sword stabs in so go for the :4.

Getting in the right range: You need to be at mid range, about where 236B wold barely whiff. Input 236236B as FAST as you can depending on how close you are. This is easiest to do after a knockdown. If they tech back when you are almost standing over them, you should be at the right range. The correct spacing also occurrs at the start of a match, but this rarely works as the opponent will usually move at the start.

Land this twice and they're dead, you don't even need to land the JF both times.

juggles/combos/なになに

Doubly good because 236236B is already a safe mid range poke at far better speed than it should be + TC. Only thing I wonder is what to mix it with to stop people from stepping. At the range you want to be to fish for this combo opponent can see Twin Step and just walk. 236236A string is too slow to catch and unsafe on block and 236236K is too slow in general, even if you get no disadvantage on block. I've had some success with 236236, A+G_B+G and other floated moves, but they can't be used repeatedly. That 100+ damage makes giving it some thought seriously worthwhile though. Any ideas?

juggles/combos/なになに

free 236B after... I dont think its guaranteed... unless i'm just doing it too late which i dont think i am...
It is guaranteed and you are doing it too late. I've gotten Sophie's JF 236B 90% of the time and doing the guaranteed 236B after 22 I get roughly 66% so I think it's a tad harder to get that guaranteed hit.

People block 22 high on reaction and usually eat a free 236:B:4 when they should be blocking low. Sophie's a cheap whore.

juggles/combos/なになに

By the way 236236B 236236B:4 is posted in this thread by SYXX.
Anyway I may have found an answer to the 236236B sidestep problem. Since opponent has to to step late to avoid 236236B tracking (the second 236 realigns you somewhat) you can instead 236AA(since the angel step looks similar/the same) at long range i.e. wait till near the end of the 236 window before pressing A. This is fast enough to catch side steppers and 236236B could always chase backsteppers anyway. Sure 236AA is unsafe on guard, but its hard to punish at it's max range and also hits for 49 damage. Let me know if you have problems or success with this guys.

Also if your opponent is tech happy you can 236236B for the tip stun then 1K, 236236A...

On the note of ACable juggles there is also
66B 4AAA pretty useless, but decent damage.
66K 6K 236B/236236B somewhat more useful. 236B version escapable in fewer directions.

Back