[PSN/XBL] New Player Development Matchmaking

I guess I should throw my name into the hat as well, really should have done this when I registered! I've being slowly learning things by myself by playing the few Irish SCV players every now and again but it would be nice to get a boost of knowledge as well.

Anyway, details;

XBL: Misty Chaos

PSN: DanTheMeek
Main: Pyrrha

Currently been stuck in D2 for what feels like ages as I seem to win 1 game for every 6 I lose, just enough to keep my rank from ever increasing. I don't feel like I've made any progress at all since I started playing online and could really use some direction so I can at least feel like I'm learning something when I'm losing. I've played SC0-4 casually but SC5 is the first I've ever really put time into trying to play well, and again, so far I don't seem to be spending that time wisely as I don't feel I'm any better then I was on day one. At one point I had hoped to some day be decent at this game, at this point I'd be happy with just getting good enough to get to D1.

Oh, and while if you actually know how to use Pyrrha that would be a plus, I'm pretty sure even just being taught the most basic of fundamentals for all characters would offer a huge boost to my play, so I'm not looking exclusively to Pyrrha players for advice. Thanks in advance to anyone who might offer me some help!

Would like a little help with the improvement of my game still feel too noobish. It doesn't matter what character one uses any help at all would be appreciated.

Psn: I_am_big_boss456
Characters : Viola, Tira, Regular Pat.

Hey everybody nice to meet you^^. I just signed up on the forums a little bit ago.

Anyways my XBL is Blarg Zombie and my main is Mitsurugi. I've been a fan SC since 2. I usually train with my friend (I believe he is registered as Jian) but I would love to face more people and not only learn my character but also the match ups.

Anyways sorry for the rambling I'm kinda new to these online forums. Hope to hear from you guys soon^^.

XBL GT: Paranormal Oreo
Mains: Aeon and a Patroklos
Can use: Everyone at least decently except for Maxi, NM, Siegfried, Devil Jin, Z.W.E.I., Raphael, and Cervantes.
Mic: Yes

GT: Dazzler1992
Mains: Pat, Mitsu

This is my first Soul Calibur and I believe I know the basics but I still need help. I am dramatically inconsistant or my opponents are, I can't really tell. I seem to choke alot too as the opponent starts their offence and I just seem to stand there blocking for a year and a half. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated

XBOX 360 GT : Blind to Dream
Mains : I have not exactly decided on this yet, but I do really like Alpha Petroklos, Pyyrha and Hilde.

Hello everyone! I have played some of the SoulCalibur games in the past, but I am new to the idea of actually trying to learn to play the game beyond mashing a few buttons. I am really new to learning fighting games in general (my first I tried to actually learn to play was SSF4 later in its life), so I don't catch on to things super quick especially since I have no previous experience fighting other players much. As of coming into Soul Calibur 5 (a few days ago) I have found myself trying to play with the mindset of Street Fighter and it just isn't working out. The idea of punishment seems to work so much different. Additionally, footsies in this game seem like they are a completely different league too, so I am struggling big time. If anyone here would be willing to friend me and help out with some tips and general pointers I would appreciate it so much.

XBL: Nargrimm
Mains: Viola, Leixia

I'm quite new to playing SoulCalibur and would love to have someone who could help me improve. Being new to fighters in general I acquired as much theoretical knowledge as I possibly could (using mostly this site) but I'm having a hard time implementing it in an actual match. It would be great if I found someone willing to teach me a bit about this game and help me get a little more consistent in application of skills. I do own a mic so communication shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks alot Nargrimm

PSN: Goukitech
Mains : Very new to the game but leaning towards Nightmare/Devil Jin

VERY new to SCV (As in I've had the game 3 days now...) Trying to improve. I've come from playing mostly Blazblue and AE, Played a little SFxT too but I'm not too fond of that game. Wanted to try out a 3D fighter for a change, used to play SC2 a long time ago so I kinda gravitated to SC again. Thinking of maining either Nightmare or a CaS Devil Jin as I like the whole EWGF thing and the way his juggles work. I have a problem with getting overwhelmed by fast characters with Nightmare online. Haven't tried Devil Jin online yet, just looking to play and improve.

XBL: Slaystriker
Main: Nightmare, Desiring to learn Xiba(Started practicing today) and Hilde possibly Z.W.E.I

Ive played the base of the game, Soul Blade as well as SCII and got SCV like a week ago so yeah. I'm a friendly XBL player and I'd like to pick up on some more skills so hmu if you wanna play haha.

Please and Thanks, Slay

Yes my first post on 8wayrun!
Anyways, I consider myself an alright player (slightly above scrub status) but would love to have some friends to spar with in order to improve myself and further my potential as a player. Most of the time I'm available to play with in the evenings but I get on during day often.

Main: Natsu, Leixia, and maybe Astaroth

Edit: Located in Florida

Here to offer my services to aspiring Maxi players. He's a pretty tricky character, so I want to help some newer players get him down and learn his tricks. Sadly I'm on xbox only, but send me a friend request if you're interested.

Edit: Located in Minnesota, but I seem to have a pretty good connection so lag shouldn't be much of an issue.

Greetings everyone, Canadian Z.W.E.I. Player here. Great to meet you. I'm a bit of a veteran, playing SCII as my first Soul Calibur, and SCIV. (I'll miss you Amy. ;()

PSN: rezalion (Usually on at 3 to 4 PM eastern.)

Like I said before, I main :sc5zwe1: and I second Xiba.

Ive been playing for a bit and have been on 8wr for a while but i never posted my shit

XBL: jonnitti
Main: Patroklos
Mic: Yes

Back