Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
I have "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" and I love it! Its not quite as good as the Miyazaki films (I was under the impression that it was when I 1st saw the trailers) but I still enjoyed it a lot.

Afro Samurai Resurrection:

Animation: Beautiful
Story: Mediocre
Characters: Afro is still bad-ass, new villain chick is uber hawt.
Music: Mediocre, RZA's beats were lacking and the shitty lyrics did NOT help. Only theme I really liked was the opening.
Random Sex Scene During Epic Battle: ...um okay?

Overall: Mediocre. It's something to watch if you have nothing else to do. I will say again that the animation is beautiful though.

Apparently the DVD and Blu-ray are going to be uncut. So this means more beautifully animated boobies during the random ass sex scene pretty much.

Potemayo and School Rumble are the best comedy I've seen

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was funny in that first episode (ep zero?) and also when they bribed the computer club (ep 4 or so?). other than that, it was just not funny at all and I stopped watching it

Ehh, I liked School Rumble at first but got tired of it really fast. I can't really watch anime or anything that only does humor, since most of it is pretty overdone.

Haruhi isn't exactly comedy per se imo, it's just awesomeness that happens to be funny at certain points. Most good shows are like this, Key works come to mind especially.

There's actually been quite a lot of good comedy lately (coming from someone that doesn't really watch comedy). Minami-ke, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, and Kannagi come to mind as far as recent releases (though i haven't actually finished watching kannagi, it just has this subtle humor that I really like).

Then you have more otaku oriented humor like Hayate no Gotoku! which is absolutely brilliant. Though Hayate is still enjoyable even if you don't get all the references, unlike Lucky Star which I didn't particularly enjoy after the 2nd episode (even getting all the references). Azumanga Daioh is a good benchmark for comedy, I think.

But the only problem there is that you're never going to find anything as good as Azumanga.

First season of Minami-ke was great. Second season I couldn't even watch. I've heard the third season, despite problems with the animation quality, is pretty good, too.

Could never get through more than a few episodes of Haruhi. I'm pretty sure it's just not meant for me, which is fine. I did enjoy what I've seen of School Rumble, though; after I accepted it for what it was and just let it flow, it was fun enough. I haven't bothered to start the second season yet, but I'll probably get around to it.

Also, Baccano! is pretty funny. And great.

Let's see... uh... Kara no Kyoukai!!!! I watched the fifth movie a couple days ago and was floored by its epicness. If anyone likes Type- Moon and their works (aka Tsukihime and Fate Stay Night) then the KnK movies are a must- see, especially because the animes of the aforementioned series sucked ass. KnK is a great reminder that Type- Moon stuff can indeed be rendered awesome in anime. One can only hope for an actual Tsukihime anime... C'MON NASU!!!! MAKE ONE ALREADY!!! AND HURRY UP WITH TSUKIHIME THE REMAKE!!!!

Okay, there, I should stop before my Type- Moon fanboyism gets the better of me.

I like Azumanga Daioh but I still think School Rumble and Potemayo are a lot funnier.

reminds me though, I've only seen the first KnK movie...I have had the second one sitting on my harddrive for quite a while now

I liked the Tsukihime anime and thought it told its story well. This was, however, before I read the vn which took storytelling to a totally different level you don't ever see in anime. A similar thing can be said about the f/sn anime, which was actually really good except for the cg dragon. It's just...the original was soooo much better.

Tsukihime>Fate/Stay Night, but Rin-sama >>>> all.

I liked the Tsukihime anime and thought it told its story well. This was, however, before I read the vn which took storytelling to a totally different level you don't ever see in anime. A similar thing can be said about the f/sn anime, which was actually really good except for the cg dragon. It's just...the original was soooo much better.

Tsukihime>Fate/Stay Night, but Rin-sama >>>> all.

Tsukihime anime? What anime?

CG dragon after implied sex scene... yeah, they could have done better.

And no, Akiha- sama >>>> all.

Just poking a little fun. >.>

And no, Akiha- sama >>>> all.

Heh, maybe in the alternate universe where Akiha had an uber zettai ryouiki, twin pigtails, and manages to be the main character of the story.

Akiha's actually a close second in my book as far as the type-moon universe goes. Rin is just a more complete character because she has so much more dialogue in the game. Her sarcasm is a lot better too, lol.

[Youtube=Full Metal Alchemist AD Trailer]t3-FLw1u95A[/youtube]

Translation to what is being said:
In order to regain the things we've lost... We kept on going. Full Metal Alchemist! Airs April 5th!

FMA was kinds of an overrated series, but I will probably give this a shoot.

The spring season sucks hard, there's nothing I wanna watch. I'll watch FMA, but that's more like an obligatory thing. It'll be another year before BONES makes another original series.

Well BONES aside, from this trailer the animation itself seems much less fluid then it was in the first series. I dunno what about seems so......off. But again just from this. BONES hasn't really let em down yet so hopefully it won't start with FMA

Well BONES aside, from this trailer the animation itself seems much less fluid then it was in the first series. I dunno what about seems so......off. But again just from this. BONES hasn't really let em down yet so hopefully it won't start with FMA

Probably because you watched it on youtube.

Back