Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
I saw it when it first came out in Japan, i didn't see the dub yet. BUT it was a mix of AWESOME and boring....... it was animated WELL, good music, style, coloring, but the story was soooooooooooo straight and bland it made me cry on the inside

I intend to finish the second season of Higurashi eventually.

My top ten most badass anime characters list.

1.) Tie between Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken) and Mechizawa (Cromartie High School)
2.)Guts (Berserk)- Black Swordsman
3.)Shion (Higurashi no Koro ni)- Killer Loli
4.)Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho)- Short Old Master
5.)Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho)- Mad Meat
6.)Straight Cougar (scryed)- Pink Batmobile and super speed
7.)Vash (Trigun)- STAMPEDE
8.)Seto Kaiba (Yugioh) Card games are serious business
9.)Shinji's Mom (Evangelion) Berserker lols
10.)Nigra Cell (Lazer Collection/DBZ) Nuff said

How is Guts not #1?
Why the FUCK are there any characters from YYH or Scry'd there?
Why is Trigun's not Wolfwood?
Fuckin YUGIOH?

Ok then, here's the real list. All manga.
#1. Berserk Guts.
#2. The manliest manga in existence, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's Joestar bloodline a.k.a. Jonathan Joestar, Joseph Joestar, Jotaro Kujo, Josuke Higashikata , Giorno Giovana, Jolyne Kujo. Also all the enemies are stupidly manly as fuck by sheer necessity, but the standouts among even them are the incomparably evil Dio Brando, The Pillar Men, Yoshikage Kira, Diavolo, and the near Dio-level of ridiculous Enrico Pucci.
#3. 20th Century Boy's Kenji Endō and Monster's 'Doctor Kenzou Tenma'
#4. Trigun Maximum's Wolfwood.
#5. Hellsing Ultimate's Alucard.
#6. One Piece's... well, too many here. Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, most of their enemies, etc etc etc.
#7. Air Gear's... man, Ikki / Agito / Kazu all break though the impossible, while making it look irresistibly cool.
#8. Veritas's Kangryong

Not many others deserve to be on this list. One could argue that Kenshiro does, but he's a carbon copy of the Joestar family line which predated him, so he doesn't cut it.

Also, Full-Metal Alchemist's Manga and Anime diverged greatly within the first 10 episodes or so (same with Trigun). The manga is vastly superior on both counts, being that the manga for FMA is still ongoing (with all the character significantly more badass + vastly superior story) and Trigun Maximum was just 1000% more epic than the anime's crap.

The manga is going to be the base for the new FMA anime.

Everyone with the balls to watch Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha knows that Fate Testarossa voiced by Nana Mizuki is hands down the most badass character in existence.

How is Guts not #1?
Why the FUCK are there any characters from YYH or Scry'd there?
Why is Trigun's not Wolfwood?
Fuckin YUGIOH?

Ok then, here's the real list. All manga.
#1. Berserk Guts.
#2. The manliest manga in existence, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's Joestar bloodline a.k.a. Jonathan Joestar, Joseph Joestar, Jotaro Kujo, Josuke Higashikata , Giorno Giovana, Jolyne Kujo. Also all the enemies are stupidly manly as fuck by sheer necessity, but the standouts among even them are the incomparably evil Dio Brando, The Pillar Men, Yoshikage Kira, Diavolo, and the near Dio-level of ridiculous Enrico Pucci.
#3. 20th Century Boy's Kenji Endō and Monster's 'Doctor Kenzou Tenma'
#4. Trigun Maximum's Wolfwood.
#5. Hellsing Ultimate's Alucard.
#6. One Piece's... well, too many here. Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, most of their enemies, etc etc etc.
#7. Air Gear's... man, Ikki / Agito / Kazu all break though the impossible, while making it look irresistibly cool.
#8. Veritas's Kangryong

Come on man don't go all manga elitist on me. I really don't care that much man. They are fucking cartoons and comics. I put in Seto Kiaba in because I wanted to put a bratty rich kid who spents money on holograms for childrens card games before someone who gains the powers of god for irony. That and that abridged series is funny as hell. As for YYH I think it is pretty damn solid and Scryed may be extremely cliched but it has some great fights for a shonen anime. I have heard Jojo's Bizzare Adventure is great and has the wierderst vampires ever and I look forward to checking it out. The Berserk manga is likewise 100x better than the anime you are correct. But seriously man I just don't care about your deep comic knowledge. I am not going applaud you for performing autofellatio on yourself. I really hope you enjoy yourself it is just I don't want to watch.

True dat Dullyanna.

Manga elitists unite.

I made sure not to insult you, but you felt ass-hurt enough to insult me.

Better to like Manga over anime than to just be an asshole like yourself.

Hope your post made you feel cool for the entire three minutes it took to type, and the next two minutes it took to admire and jerk off to.

I just posted a random list which was not even serious. I had Mechizawa a comedy character tie with Kenshiro on the number one spot which should have tipped you off. You were the one who took issue with something done for humor and not directed towards anyone. You say you tried not to insult me? Why would you anyway? Apparently this stuff is mad serious to you and I shouldn't make light of it.

If you like manga better more power to you. One person perfers wine the other beer. Reasonable people can disagree. Both are cool with me but I generally have a easier time getting access to one rather than the other so I will confess ignorance of manga. I didn't know not owning every installment of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure was an unforgivable attrocity. Forgive my foolishness.

You're funny. Trying to swing-shift this to me being too serious, and you being lighthearted.

I saw your list, said "fuck that shit, this is the manly list, manga style".
You saw my post, and the first thing you said was "Cmon man, don't go manga elitist on me, fucking RawR RawR RawR autofellation RawR".

Just back off, you're both wrong AND an idiot.
Every post you make is dragging you further down.

Lets get back on topic. Losing arguments and such.

How is it even possible to make a "Top Ten Badass Anime Characters" list without Kenpachi Zaraki from Bleach? I can think of few bigger badasses in any media, not just anime.

Why is the entire Gurren Brigade not involved here? You know those guys that toss around planets like ninja stars? Or is it uncool to like them? And where is Karas?

Karas is badadss, but he man-up enough times per episode. Either that, or his man-ups weren't Stupidly manly, like some of these guys.

And the Gurren Brigade?
Kamina was the only candidate. Simon was a little too emo sometimes, and manliness doesnt accept that shit. Maybe the pigMole, that motherfucker was manly as fuck.

Keep the suggestions coming though.

I know I forgot some people along the way

In the last few episodes I though you were supposed think Simon AS Kamina. So even if you take out the rest of the Brigade Kamina himself HAS to be one of the manliest men to ever hit anime. Those man ups were so manly I had to laugh.

True men make manliness out of nothing.

His robot manned up, his spiral power manned up.
When I think "ridiculously manly", I think of a situation which is all but hopeless, yet the character (knowing it's hopeless) fights anyway, or continues anyway, and finds a way to win or die winning.

Kamina died, then came back to life just to perform the manliest feat he had to date.
Simon kept just doing the impossible, shit that made no sense and was manly because it made no fucking sense.

Maybe I can squeeze them in.
But will they ever get shot while playing guitar, then run up and grab the gunman shouting "You don't shoot someone while they play the guitar!!!" - Endo Kenji

I think not.

Just back off, you're both wrong AND an idiot.

How can someone be wrong in a matter of personal opinion? For example I think Bleach is stupid but if they think Kenpachi is badass then it is surely right in their own mind. But you are correct this argument is pointless and should cease.

I intend to finish the second season of Higurashi eventually.

My top ten most badass anime characters list.

1.) Tie between Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken) and Mechizawa (Cromartie High School)
2.)Guts (Berserk)- Black Swordsman
3.)Shion (Higurashi no Koro ni)- Killer Loli
4.)Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho)- Short Old Master
5.)Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho)- Mad Meat
6.)Straight Cougar (scryed)- Pink Batmobile and super speed
7.)Vash (Trigun)- STAMPEDE
8.)Seto Kaiba (Yugioh) Card games are serious business
9.)Shinji's Mom (Evangelion) Berserker lols
10.)Nigra Cell (Lazer Collection/DBZ) Nuff said

Most badass character: Punie Tanaka
Freddie > Mechazawa.

Back