Kilik Matchups/General Chat Topic

A+K is good if you're off-axis and 3kB is gonna whiff. it also leaves them somewhat close for oki opportunities. does good dmg too.

So, what are your thoughts on using 6A+K after MO A 46B combos? I'm pretty sure it's not guaranteed, but the fact that it's a low into a high and does good damage seems nice.

I think the only thing that is guaranteed after MO A, 46B is 6AAA. Anything else you have to mix up or they will shake the 46B stun and block or duck it. I personally like to use FotD after the 46B if they don't start ducking.

Does anyone have experience against:

Tira
Voldo

If you do, please provide some insight as to what to look out for...

Don't know about Tira, have fought her plenty of times but is so annoying with constant pokes that I usually can't get a read on her. Voldo on the other hand, still annoying buy slightly less so, is a low to the ground kinda guy so I tend to pretty much ignore any high attacks and go with verticals, lows and mids.

ok, you should NOT:
use many highs
throw
block constantly

you should:
use mid attacks ( a+k, 66b, 66k series...)
step side + backwards otherwise bullrush kills u

use this as an advice an find your own style to beat him, i still have trouble to deal with him but probably cause i fought one of the best atsaroth in the world...

Hi guys. I'm back.

Hayate still making awesome posts that help me out!

Someone asked about Taki a while back...

Remember SC2? When we raped that bitch with 3K and A+K? Yeah, do those.

Guys I don't like/REALLY like the MO after [B+K].

aA nerf? Makes me sad

6B8 nerf? Makes me sad

NEW MO STUFF! It's very powerful. Fast mid out of MO that gives combo. Retreating low. MO K!. command throws! It's what I've always wanted out of MO...

I really like the off-axis 66B's sometimes. iWS B_1A+B_1A_(many tech traps) makes it fun to hit.

No legend rush... sigh...

No shortcut Asura/command throws.. I miss 23[6]a+gA, 41236B and 23[6]b+gB

I DO like the 44aB~G cancel though. If you do it fast enough you can have your Kali-Yuga on fire a lot for the flashyness.

Asura is still awesome. BP i feel is better..

OH guys I feel the Mitsu match is in our favor... We can iWS B lots of his main pressure and 22_88B or 33_99B lots of his B's.. Also 22_88B is crucial for stepping in between some of his staple strings.. I feel stepping is better in this game than 3.

I do not see a BnB combo thread but Hayate's tech trap thread is great! I'm glad I'm back on some Soul Cal and you'll prolly see my Kilik doing awesome things at FR this year!

Hey Spanky, nice to see you back.

Funny story, I actually thought you WERE Brian Kendrick (As in the actual wrestler) for a bit a few weeks back...
When I was beating up on his Virtual Persona on SvR2009 for some reason my memory was telling me you were using his nick since before he ever debuted anywhere.. I fail so bad. Lol.

Spanky?

no...

I used to go by peanutbuttercape way back in the day and mod the SC3 kilik forums for a while.. then I hated the game and started getting awesome with slayer in Guilty gear.

lol shadowfox should remember me :P

Spanky?

no...

I used to go by peanutbuttercape way back in the day and mod the SC3 kilik forums for a while.. then I hated the game and started getting awesome with slayer in Guilty gear.

Wait? Who are you?

J/k j/k.

Been a while Blunts. Gotta show people whats good with our character. Cant have people thinking Kilik is easy to use.

2_8 * B is fucking hawt for somebody who frequently messes with Yun (i.e. me). A safe TSing mid unfinished string that gives advantage on any kind of hit, and CFs in 11 hits? Great stuff, lol.

Hey Guys I've been having some trouble against Cervantes lately. I play against some guys that spam the teleport and tunneling moves. I know you can 8 way run around the moves, but I usually react to late and guard which has disastrous effects. I know some moves can knock them out of the animation but that's usually all luck for me. I'm going to practice to GI the attacks, but I was wondering if there any moves I could work on in the mean time. I really wanna set up my game with Kilik, any advice?

Asura beats 80% of his Movelist, honestly. All you need against every teleport or whatever. Im not sure which one of the teleports you mean, but that doesnt matter, since it really counters everything.

Asura beats 80% of his Movelist, honestly. All you need against every teleport or whatever. Im not sure which one of the teleports you mean, but that doesnt matter, since it really counters everything.

Cerv's "slam down" teleport is lol'able because not only can you react; but Asura will dodge it and the 2nd hit will hit Cerv in the back. It's fun!

On the topic of MO A, 46B, 6AAA... remember the fastest possible input for MO A+G/B+G throws is i13. So, technically, a throw attempt is guarenteed if done right. Also, if it's a situation where their back is turned after 46B, the throw is back-turned and guarenteed (do either MO A+G or B+G doesn't matter).

Abuse this. Use 46B more than just after MO A, as well!

Spanky?

no...

PFFT Blunts.
I keep thinking both of you are the same people.
Considering you both had silly MS Paint avatars.
Aheda here.

It's not fun for Nighty, either. Asura rapes his throw game and mixup options. The thing that's in Nighty's favor is that Kilik can't punish him that well, compared to other characters. Aside from that, just play cautiously (i.e. don't step within range of a:G:a, don't jump 1A), and focus on avoidance and GIs over blocking, since you get better rewards off of that.

Edit: It's worth mentioning that you can't usually do two 66Bs after A+B against Nighty, when you can with all the other characters.

Here is the french opinion about Kilik's Match-Up, feel free to comment and debate.

kilik.jpg

Back