Kilik Matchups/General Chat Topic

A+K is very safe and most importantly it pushes out tons on block, giving you some breathing room. Its also fairly high damage and Ncc. Also Evasive. The only thing i dont like is the 2nd hit seems to have lost some range, but even that isnt a huge deal.

also, i would say there is very little reason for Kilik to ever do B,B. the B's are slow, easy to see comming and can (i believe) be stepped mid string, or even GI'd pretty easily. He no longer has a move he can mix it up with in the B string, so best to do single B's or my choice 2B, which is higher damage and leaves Kilik in crouch. B, B is ok if youre going to throw out the canned monument step afterwords, but even that is kind of risky and i dont like it

true, 2B is a much better option. looks like i was wrong on the A+k thing, i'll have to reevalute how i use it

From what I've seen on the frame data the second B of B,B is +4 on hit. So my evaluation of the move is use 2B a lot to get the other person thinking that they can do something to avoid the move that comes out of 2B. Then you use BB to get them to stop moving around.

I is in Shadow's sig o.O

Actually IMO A+K is this broken spacing tool.
Its really good for getting people out of your face, (-5 on block +4 on hit) regardless of the outcome there's always some sort of mixup you can force onto your opponent. (on block, 4B+K,1B,Asura,46B,6A or any TC/TJ etc., On hit, mid/throw mid/low mixup, BP or MO mixup etc.)

It doesn't push out much, but it does push an opponent to 2A/22A range. Really effective tool for keeping out. Even if any whiff issues occur you are completely safe. It also kills step and TCs.. although for those purposes I'd rather use 4B or 44A.

A+K is just this... "Why are you in front of me.. ROD DOUBLE BITCH SLAP! GTFO!"

So, what are your thoughts on using 6A+K after MO A 46B combos? I'm pretty sure it's not guaranteed, but the fact that it's a low into a high and does good damage seems nice.

So, what are your thoughts on using 6A+K after MO A 46B combos? I'm pretty sure it's not guaranteed, but the fact that it's a low into a high and does good damage seems nice.
Problem with that is good players will see that and find a way to punish it.

From what I've seen on the frame data the second B of B,B is +4 on hit. So my evaluation of the move is use 2B a lot to get the other person thinking that they can do something to avoid the move that comes out of 2B. Then you use BB to get them to stop moving around.

That is a possible use for the move, but don't get caught up In the adv. game too much. At long range, +4 does not mean much

It does for Kilik actually.
Basically means you can backdash and step :P Any form of retaliation off the hit will whiff for a free 3kB/Asura/22B. Depending on your level of manliess.

6A+K is fucking high damage.
It doesn't hit.
But its FUCKING high damage.
That thing does like 60 damage on its own.
Seung Mina's does like 40.

If you find any obvious High strings you can duck under with 6A+K for 60 damage.
Its like.. 5 more damage than WS B -> 66B

Ban.

come on now, that's a lot to assume. Hit ok B, B then you backdash and the opponent throws out a move anyway? Even though they're out of range and at disadvantage? I don't see this happening very often. Even when it does you'd have to be able to actually react to it in time. It's solid theory, but seems impractical in reality.

Does anyone have experience against:

Tira
Voldo

If you do, please provide some insight as to what to look out for...

Does anyone have experience against:

Tira
Voldo

If you do, please provide some insight as to what to look out for...

I myself have been messing around with Voldo. I don't know a lot of his tricks but in general he has 1k (Front Stance and BS). His BS for wake up is pretty strong too so watch out for that. A key for Kilik will be able to keep him out and capitalize on his mistakes. He'll be trying to use attacks like a+b(doesn't really close the gap),1a, 236b/a+g to close those gaps. I'm gonna be looking for ways around some of the stuff he has as well later today since I'm playing with Kilik now so if I find something I'll post it up.

*ps* I just realized how bad this post really was lol

What's the best way to deal with high pressure characters like Taki? I know for Kilik it's ideal to keep people at mid range but that's a difficult task sometimes. What are ways to keep people from getting in too close? And when a Taki player that knows what they're doing gets in close how do you deal with it? It sometimes feels like an endless stream of high speed attacks. I try to throw in 46 B she crouches I try to crouch I get hit with mid, I stand and guard well my soul guage takes major damage and she is able to work in a grab which just might be enough to finish of my health. How do you deal with this?

ok, so can we switch gears a bit and talk about anti-Ivy strategies. She seems to give me a lot of trouble. You can't really keep her away because she has good tools for long distance combat, yet she is good at mid and close distance too. What are Kilik's best options against Ivy?

Vs astaroth I find that you're able to land ALLOT of 6A+B's during his bullrush and well......pretty much anything he does excluding those fast moves. You can also discourage those simply by grabbing afterwards to punish. I find astaroth is a character you definately want to keep the pressure on, while being careful not to do anything too slow even when hes at a disadvantage as he does have that ever so annoying knee. Also while applying pressure try not to use too many highs, once again, because the knee tech crouches. As long as you be careful not to let him force you into his throw combos, and keep the pressure while avoiding his fast annoying moves, you should be fine.

As for ivy, shes another annoying one, mostly with that move, don't know the current input or name , where she sidesteps ridiculously well, tech crouches and whips you twice really fast. I find that you want to again, maintain high pressure while using allot of quick, mid or low horizontals such as 2 A or 1k ( I know its not horizontal but it gets the job done ) and occasionally if I can see it coming A + B since it has tracking to a degree or you can always do an asura counter . I usually utalize 3 A as a move in if she gets far away, or 66 A A, since with her shes got the astaroth thing where shes actually strong at a long range, unlike kilik who imo is a mid range character with a few long range moves. I've also found that I'm able to land 66 B often against her when she tries to move in. Uh what else against her.......well really what makes her annoying is her quick little pokes, but once you get used to her style and getting around them, shes allot easier.

If you wish I have a friend who is pretty good with ivy. His name is neoghaleon, just check my friends list on my xbl account, he helped me get good at fighting her, hes probably the best ivy I know.

Also one question. What does it mean on these boards when their are stars next to your mains?

Figured I'd ask this here since I dont want another thread made for something thats kinda small.

Anyone have any move they consider using when hitting 22_88B up close?

I keep trying to do 3kB but I'm too close and I want to find max damage in that situation.

Back