Hdtvs Vs Crts For Tournaments

Ya that isn't my monitor. There is no 8000 series in Japan.

Maybe the 'unknown' JP monitor brand you were lookin for was Eizo? (Japanese only):
http://www.eizo.co.jp/index.html
Their specs show both input and response times, I can't seem to find a specific gamin monitor though.

Well it looks like TFTCentral finaly did a review of the monitor I got last year... and I got to say, if I saw the review before I bought it... it would have made my decision to buy it so much easier...

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/nec_ea231wmi.htm
I said before that I sacrificed the input lag times from TN Film, and stepped up and got this IPS instead. Usually, TN Film is has low lag, and IPS has high lag. Well as it turns out, this specific IPS monitor I bought has one of the lowest input lag ratings I've ever seen in a review from TFT Central (they are pretty much the only people you should be trusting when it comes to input lag).

input_lag_graph.jpg

So my monitor not only has color fidelity that blows all other monitors in it's price range away (since $300 is usually reserved for high end TN film, and IPS usually start at around $600), its also pretty much made for the gamer/digital artist in mind.

Oh, and that Samsung 240B monitor I was talking about... it was actually the 245B, that TFTCentral reviewed...
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/samsung_245b.htm

LAg LAg LAg......What Lags for me Lagfs for you.....SAME SHYT...

So instead of using Visual Cues for input timing, its just like online....MUSCLE FUCKING MEMORY!!

CRT or 720P just fucking ADAPT AND STOP BITCHING!!

LAg LAg LAg......What Lags for me Lagfs for you.....SAME SHYT...

So instead of using Visual Cues for input timing, its just like online....MUSCLE FUCKING MEMORY!!

CRT or 720P just fucking ADAPT AND STOP BITCHING!!

Yeah right. Tell that to somebody at a tournament. If it was that simple, we wouldn't still be using CRTs.

CRT all the way. HDTV would be convenient if it were something like Jaxel's monitor, but since it's not a TV I'd need to set up speakers and that's annoying.

CRT all the way. HDTV would be convenient if it were something like Jaxel's monitor, but since it's not a TV I'd need to set up speakers and that's annoying.
My monitor has built in speakers...
P1030624.JPG

5.jpg

You can put the video through the DVI (using an HDMI to DVI adaptor, which are like $2), and then output the audio through the RCA phono jacks (using a RCA to TRS adaptor, which are like $1). The PS3 lets you do this, where you ouput the video and audio through different cables. I don't think the 360 lets you do this, since it's such a piece of garbage.

Hmmm I'm seeing this thread as more about HDTV-LCD gaming monitors than a political debate so maybe it's a good idea for a mod to change the topic?

Wow. He's right. Thru Mode is a feature only with LG. Another review here:

http://3dvision-blog.com/a-little-about-the-input-lag-of-the-lg-w2363d-120hz-lcd-monitor/
"Thru Mode" is not a unique feature to LG, other manufacturers call it something else; sometimes "Game Mode".

The idea of this mode is to bypass all processing functions on the monitor. While these processing functions are usually AWESOME (they make your picture look much better), they come at a price... running through these functions take time, and time is lag. It just happens to be that LG's bypass mode is better than all others. Although, take note that the X-Bit review pretty much comes out and says outright that the LG is a SHITTY monitor... even if it has 0ms lag. I've been saying the entire time in this thread that TN Film monitors are ugly.

Also remember that almost all monitors have some sort of bypass mode called "Game Mode" or "Thru Mode", however almost none of them actually reduce the lag to 0ms like that LG. All it means is that it REDUCES the lag, not ELIMINATES. So it may bring it down from 20ms, to 12ms, there is still lag. The bypass mode on this LG monitor brings it from 9ms, to 0ms... which is awesome...

If you want a good frame counter... this is the one I use: http://tft.vanity.dk/inputlag.html

My LG has no speakers but hooked up to my Onkyo bookshelves w/subwoofer it sounds great.

I don't think it's ugly but that's my opinion.

BTW- LG's SRS Trusurround HD Mode seems to have sound lag/sync probs to me so I turn it off.

note that many game mode (tested as game mode) turns of MOST processing but not ALL.
You can turn off all manually for even less lag
(if it works on LG less than 0 :D it does the moves before you actually input them /._./)

As long as Yoshi's green costume isn't red, and Cass' blue costume isn't orange, and Sophi's blonde hair isn't purple, it's fair game.

man...i scored 467 on that damn test. i've always been orange/pink colorblind...but that damn whole top row was the same color!

also...changed thread title to fit discussion. sorry oof.

@ sexy sexy senzait...my 32 inch vizio is SVT320XVT. my 22 inch is VA22L FHV10TV. i'm not too tech savvy, but i do know that the 32 inch has noticeable lag...little but noticeable, whereas the 22 inch has none whatsoever that i can tell.

Back