Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

ExMachina

fails the turing test
First trailer's up. I remember being blown away by the lush jungle settings in the first game, the snow effects featured do it again here, though we'll see how that translates into in-game areas.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43231.html?type=flv

I loved U:DF, but I hope the trailer is just trying for dramatic and Nathan isn't like this the entire game. Anytime sequels tout "darker tone" as a feature, I get really wary.

Still! U:DF's one of my favorite games on the PS3, so of course I'm excited. Hopefully Naughty Dog will come up with more variety in enemies (honestly, my biggest complaint about the first game) and these new stealth and free climbing aspects will work out.

OMG! I FUCKING WANT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is still one of the best games I've ever played. Drake looks mad grizzled now.

Meh, give me next gen Jak and Daxter, Naughty Dog.

Please!

That aside, this game looks tingz as fuck.

2nav38g.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200812/N08.1201.1525.24193.htm

Waiting on that Jan. issue to come out and for someone to scan it. :P

I have no opinion on this Jak discussion because I've never played a game in the series...

I'm all for new characters, but I do hope we get to see Elena and Sully again.

Uncharted 2 looks mad sweet indeed. To anyone who didn't play the first.... play it.

cha cha

Summary of GI article from NeoGAF:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343928&page=21

- The biggest thing in the article IMO is that there's a new girl named Chloe Frazer. GI asked about Elena and Sully's return but they had no comment.

- The story is about looking for the ships that Marco Polo "lost" while returning home to Italy.

- Melee combat is more dynamic now.

- They mentioned they were using only 30% of the PS3's power with Drake's Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.

- A demo was shown to GI with Drake going through a city (I believe in Nepal), and he's stealthily taking out guards and escaping the city.

- Nolan North returns to be Drake and Chloe Frazer is played by Claudia Black (Stargate SG-1, Fargate).

- The Sixaxis mechanics were ditched for such things as throwing grenades.

- One of the weapons revealed is a rocket launcher that Chloe uses (might only be for the cinematic).

- There are no load screens.

- The score is being composed by Greg Edmonson (same guy from the first one).

- Weapons can be used in any stance (running, behind cover, hanging, climbing a wall, etc.).

- You can now move while aiming behind cover.

- I'm not sure how to explain this one so this is what it says:
"In Uncharted 2, every character fully interacts with the dynamic geometry moving around them, and environments in the background are real parts of the game world"
"If Drake's on top of a train, he's going to be shaking with the train as it moves around"
"As he gets inside, his moveset is going to change, and he's going to be a lot more secure because the wind's not blowing."

- The graphics look better than Uncharted 1.

- Button sequence cinematics such as the final boss have changed so now Drake is now fully controllable in these parts...I think (This one's also hard to describe).

- Climbing seems improved upon. You can climb lamp posts now among other new things.

- If there is an enemy patrolling a rooftop you're climbing a wall to, you can pull him off the roof while hanging on the wall.

s7301030ya0.jpg

Waiting on a proper scan.

I need this game... Fall 2009 is too far away!

[youtubeHD=Uncharted 2: Among Thieves HD SpikeTV VGA Trailer]UsmPq5nzEs0[/youtubeHD]

Yo... how about some 720p Uncharted 2 SCREENSHOTS (yes, these are IN GAME!)

capture2yo2.jpg

capture10iq2.jpg

capture8vr9.jpg

capture7kb9.jpg

capture6gm2.jpg

capture5cl8.jpg

capture4yc0.jpg

capture1if9.jpg

capture9nv6.jpg

un2a.jpg

un2b.jpg

huhhjq.jpg

tamnhnsp080shj25mk34_snapshot20081215125341.jpg

Yes, you may not believe that these screenshots are in-game... but people said the same things about the press shots for the first game as well; and the final release of the game ended up looking even better than the screenshots.

oh... and apperantly Elena is out... Chloe Frazer is in.
2mobn1v.jpg

wow looks amazing
now if only other companies would program games correctly for the ps3...cough EA cough

only got to play some of the 1st uncharted but what i played i loved

wow looks amazing
now if only other companies would program games correctly for the ps3...cough EA cough

only got to play some of the 1st uncharted but what i played i loved

EA only does multi-platform games... and multiplatform games will always play like shit on the PS3... lazy programming and all; look at the shit they did to The Orange Box. Games that are programmed just for the PS3 are amazing and look even more so... Just look at Ratchet's plumage in their recent game. And Heavenly Sword just looks so fucking beautiful its sick.

But now look at these iNGAME shots of Uncharted 2... they look better than the TARGET RENDERS for Resident Evil 5.

CONCEPT ART VS INGAME SHOT
28k2fx4.jpg

capture2yo2.jpg

EA only does multi-platform games... and multiplatform games will always play like shit on the PS3... lazy programming and all; look at the shit they did to The Orange Box. Games that are programmed just for the PS3 are amazing and look even more so... Just look at Ratchet's plumage in their recent game. And Heavenly Sword just looks so fucking beautiful its sick.

But now look at these iNGAME shots of Uncharted 2... they look better than the TARGET RENDERS for Resident Evil 5.

i know still i just hate how mutliplats tend to fuck over the ps3
but ya these shots look amazing. lolz at the shield though
the cqc in uncharted was tons better than the stuff in mgs
but damn gow3 is look godly as well

Environments look pretty good, but MGS4's character models look a tad better than Uncharted 2's, I think.

Yo... someone posted this out at NeoGAF...

capture7kb9.gif

Looks like Drake is a lefty!

And there's no god damn way you'll EVER catch me staying at the HOTEL EL DORADO!

Back