Tira Stance/Move Study

I played with it earlier today and I got punished more times than not. Unfortunately, I don't know any of the characters' moves so I couldn't tell how I got punished. :( I will say I did play Mitsu and the sisters although I will say I had more success on Cassandra but I blame it on a bad player--have yet to play Amy or Lizardman.

EDIT: Since I don't want to make a double-post, I'll just post it here.

Tira's 6A,AAAA really confuses me. Sometimes I only hit three and other times I hit four and sometimes I hit all four with screaming "Genocide" for more damage. First, I want to know how to consistently at least get all four hits. I'm not sure what the timing is and then I need to know what's the timing for "Genocide." All four is 36-37 damage but "Genocide" is 49. Ideally, I'm looking for "Genocide" every time but I need to get the initial timing down.

Hitsugaya asked this same question. Basically mash the As out. I can't get a consistent feel for what the timing may be yet. But like I told you in PMs it's a great punisher.

Yeah. I just tried that. It works more often than not. Of course, I'll see how I do using it in an actual match. I wish I could "Genocide" every time. :(

Just got finished playing around with it.

I just counted the times I mashed the button. With 5 consecutive mashes, I get "Genocide" on occasion. With 6 I get it more consistently. The reason I say more consistently is because my arm got tired while doing it so my mashing became slower.

Mashing seems to be the way it's done. Guess they want you to feel like u're really doing sumthing when she goes into death mode. Mashing right after u initiate 6A has no impact. You start mashing it when 6A connects. Our arms feel like her head does.

Ok, on a completely different tack now.

So I got the JS B+K to fire in a couple of matches, but when I got attacked again, while "charging mah lazerz" the charge would immediately cancel into GS and I would take an axe (or sword) to the face. No auto-GI, just instant mood change and eaten damage. This has only happened twice, and both times the attack that has done it has been a high horizontal... though I've watched the move auto-GI other high horizontals... so I'm wondering if this is a glit-t-t-tch or a timing issue.

Any ideas?

It's probably because you got hit with a move that doesnt activate the auto gi and sometimes when she gets hit she has a very small chance of changing.

BTW about WS K. I know this move tech jumps and tech crouches. Pretty sure it instantly TJ when you do it but when does it actually TC? I was somehow getting AA'd out of it by Sophie when trying to do it and I know I was doing the move because the AA would hit me and I would be in the air.

ok Nvm. After some testing it seems the move doesnt TC until shes halfway into her ring blade.

Alot of her FC moves start with her standing, which sound utterly stupid. If I'm already crouched, and do a 2K, why does she have to stand up? Programs just recycling animation data of 2K and not bothering to trim it for FC 2K?

Anyways, thought I'd give another example of Tira's crazy range compared to others:
6 - Sophitia
5 - Amy
6 - Nightmare
6 to12 - Tira JS (depends on her her swaying)
8 - Tira GS
6 - Mitsurugi
8 - Zasalamel
12 - Astaroth

This is done by getting Ivy to stand beside them (she has the calmest stance) and then 4G her way back. She'll inch back. The numbers listed are how many times Ivy has to parry back before the throws whiff.

Most characters have slight stance sways like Tira, but the results only differ by a point.. not 6!!!

I have an important question. Does Tiras GS 2A+B give you advantage on block? Also does her GS 22_88 A give you advantage on block? If so by how much

I have an important question. Does Tiras GS 2A+B give you advantage on block? Also does her GS 22_88 A give you advantage on block? If so by how much

GS A+B is -5 and GS 22_88A is -2. Check the wiki for all her data I did.

hi mikosu nice tira lol
u dominated my raph

nice work on the wiki BTW

Lol well thanks but you beat my Tira. I just can't work with her online. I don't know why. But I'll man up and unban her from online play so I can come up with new strats for her. Be on the lookout!

i assumed you were going easy on me
i actually have no trouble with her online
oh well must be my connection
i love her 2A+B it makes her a slippery bitch
people have trouble with my tira because i use alot of move that give her tech ducks,crouches,and steps

Really want to know how to do a GS 2A+B in JS... Ive done it by accident before and i found a youtube vid on here with a player doing it. Any ideas?

heres the link... its at 18 seconds in that he performs 2A+B producing the wrong move!

maybe im dumb or crazy and everyone knows how to do it????

JS 1aB is a great move. Especially on CH you can get 70+ combos and/or strong mixups.
On normalhit you can techtrap with 3B(all but right) or 9G for a backthrow if they tech right or left.

I really like tira after doodling with her for a while :) I think 3K is really really good. I use it as a mid poke. On hit it sets up whiffs really well. On guard... it does a lot of soul gauge damage for a safe poke. Furthermore this complements my CF heavy game.

Back