Tira Combos

Just did it 3 times in a row and now I can't do it anymore, el oh el. I have no idea what the timing is for that. When I did it the first 3 times I didn't even see movement animation because I did the input fast. But now, whenever I try I'm getting regular JS 2A+B.

A hidden move that requires JF timing after the direction input? Where is my white flash of win Namco? D:<

EDIT: Not sure if this has been posted already but here it is anyway

This only seems to work on male characters and Ivy. I'm guessing the hit box for other females are too small.

GS CH 4B : B : B
--> 4K,B (68, can make opponent slide into a RO)

GS CH 4B : B : B
--> 4K,B (68, can make opponent slide into a RO)

Can't you air control out of the second hit of the 4K, B string? I remember trying it on ai and could never land that full combo. Can't remember if i was vsing male characters though

Possibly, I forgot to test air control.

All I did was test it on all the characters. I'll test air control later (can't do it at the moment). I wouldn't be surprised if you could air control out of it though.

EDIT: Yeah, disregard that combo. You can air control out the second hit of the 4K,B. Makes me a sad panda.

It's posted in the old CaliburForum. They apparently don't like to share.

How do you perform it? Well, I'm not the best at it, but the command is 651A+B with somewhat of a JF timing to it. Best way I know to explain when to do 1A+B is

1. tap forward
2. Now watch Tira's feet
3. Her right foot will come in front of her left foot, just when her left foot starts to come back to the front you hit 1A+B.

While I'm only 2/10 times with it I've had success aiming for that particular moment. Seems like in the video they do it even earlier, but I have no idea how.

Today my friend was able to do it a lot without having to do 65. He said its 1~A+B but I only got it twice out of 30 tries.

Tidus,

That bright yellow text is nigh unreadable on my forum skin (light version).

As for doing GS 2A+B in JS, the only success I've found is by doing hitting any direction for a second, then quickly 1A+B. Hitting it as 1aB (holding A) might make it easier as well. Not sure.

Tidus,

That bright yellow text is nigh unreadable on my forum skin (light version).

As for doing GS 2A+B in JS, the only success I've found is by doing hitting any direction for a second, then quickly 1A+B. Hitting it as 1aB (holding A) might make it easier as well. Not sure.

I'm pretty sure it's JUST 1aB (hitting any direction beforehand is not needed). I can get it off around 75 - 80% of the time now. I press 1A as if I'd want to do her 1A move but then press B before the animation for 1A even starts and it goes into GS 2A+B animation.

Does anyone know if there's any guaranteed combos off of CH WS :K: ? I just discovered how terribly VICIOUS that move is in an actual match. Right now I just stick with GS :2::A:+:B:, :6::6::K: (even though doing just the :6::6::K: deals slightly more damage, the :2::A:+:B: is just there for the intimidation factor =D), and I know it's possible to shake out of that.

Does anyone know if there's any guaranteed combos off of CH WS :K: ? I just discovered how terribly VICIOUS that move is in an actual match. Right now I just stick with GS :2::A:+:B:, :6::6::K: (even though doing just the :6::6::K: deals slightly more damage, the :2::A:+:B: is just there for the intimidation factor =D), and I know it's possible to shake out of that.
Well over at CF these possibilities are listed.

CH GS WR K (shakeable)
-3B, 22B, 66B
-88B, 22_88A, 44K, 44K, 66B
-3kA, 44K, 66B (up to 101, must be close)
-2A+B, 66K

EDIT: Tech trap I just thought up that's pretty painful and not hard to get. *cough* GS 44B *cough*

GS 3B, 44K
-1A

Add in the BFs including 66B after the trap and you have nice pain after the total damage (up to 118 with tech). You can actually add in another 44K if you think they'll tech to their left but the damage scaling makes it a few points weaker (up to 111 with tech).

It's risky because a whiffed 1A is not good. Hope that they tech. Gonna try to test if people actually try to tech after a 44K stun.

Been playing Tira lately and I have a question. Is there anything decent to follow CH GS 2a+b 4a:a with? I've noticed that if they tech immediately you can get them with a 88_22b 66k (I'm sure you can even just frame it.) The great thing is the 22_88b is the start of a new combo, so it takes about half of their life if it hits, but that's a big if, as i've rarely ever had it happen and it seems kinda pointless going for it unless you know they're gonna tech. But yeah, any other nice combo's to follow that up with? :O

Since they changed 4A:A it's kinda pointless against some characters. But you could follow it up with 44K 66B. Sumtimes it hits sumtimes it doesn't. Seems character-dependent.

I am almost positive you can get a guaranteed WS B of a CH JS 2A,B/ CH 44B if your fast enough. I've done it a few times to a friend and in training mode. They do NOT hit the ground first, I thought i was crazy at first but it's a combo, althought it's crazy situational, you pretty much have to hit them just right.

edit: Grrrr I've been trying it in training and it's not working now I've done it like 4 times but now it's like they're out of range what was I doing before? X( I swear it was a combo I remember off a CH 44B it was 72 dmg. :(

Not sure if anyone else has figured this out but, while the opponent is on the ground we all use 22_88B correct? I tried using 88K (P1 side) and figured a few things out. Remember use it as a mix-up if anything after 1A

JS after 88K

22_88B - Auto-hits
44K - Hits right after 88K, has around a 40% chance of state change! DO NOT TRY AFTER ANY OTHER LOW MOVES XD

GS after 88K

44K - same as above
44444K - Auto state change and more damage (of course)
66B - Does lovely Damage, can whiff if you aren't fast enough
66666B - A nice, autohit, 90 damage combo if you do this, 80% chance of change.

Hope I helped, if you find any other good things to do after this please inform me

EDIT: The only way they can get out of 88K is if they roll to your left

Basically Shadius is saying:

1. Use 88K as a mixup after 1A. (Not a bad suggestion. Just hope they get up into it.)
2. 22_88B and 44K combo after 88K. (Known.)

After 88K in GS he's just mentioning the regular and BF versions of moves. 88K can not be escaped to it's left. More on that below.

I've added some tech traps to the first post that I've have been using for a while but never thought to post. Silly me.

Using 88K as a tech trap isn't bad BUT because of it's range you have to be close. I'll go into it's use a bit more.

1A is really what you want to be tech trapping with but sometimes when they tech to your right they can actually 2G it. This is due to what you use before it.

Ex.
BF 44K (on airborne opponent, BF to keep 'em close)
-44K (ground stun), 1A tech trap

In this situation the stun gives them enough time to tech to the left and guard 1A which takes half a second to come out (i30). Any other techs and they'd eat it.

Now if you had done:

BF 44K
-1A tech trap

That's an inescapable trap. So what does this mean? Well 2 headbutts isn't a bad idea but only if you think they aren't gonna tech to their left. So after a second headbutt I suggest going for the good old Ukemi Blaster (66B) to get that combo and if you wanna be safe.

Now for 88K. Don't rely on this as your tech trap. You can throw it but know it's weaknesses. If it's not meaty she'll end up just kicking their foot. In pretty much any situation that 1A would work you'd havta delay this since it's faster. If it were a frame slower and had more range it could compensate for 1A's right side weakness.

Ex.
GS 3B, BF 44K
-88K tech trap

If done immediately you'll swipe right over your foe before they can even tech. Must be delayed.

BF 44K
-88K tech trap

Same issue. Needs to be delayed.

Though 88K doesn't have the issue of the right side like 1A it's bad in all the other ways. But it's not worthless. Near a wall it can help. If you catch 'em with 1A near a wall and go for 66B sometimes your opponent can get out of it due to spacing and alignment. Good ol' 88K comes in and saves the day.

The damage is not right on some of the natural combos (and probably others I didnt try out most of them), which I'm guessing is due to the recent patch? Example: JS B,B does 29 not 26, and JS 4B+K does 24 not 22.

The damage is not right on some of the natural combos (and probably others I didnt try out most of them), which I'm guessing is due to the recent patch? Example: JS B,B does 29 not 26, and JS 4B+K does 24 not 22.

The damage listed for those natural combos are correct. Odds are you have equipment effects enabled or the armor on your training dummy had broken thus increasing the damage.

Juggles

*this one is my frienmies*

GS CH 2A+B, BF 44K, BF 44K, BF 66B

*theses 2 are mine*

JS 66B/3B, 66K, 6K
JS 66B/3B, 66K, A+B *has a chance of being air controled, also has a chance for a hit to still connect if air controled*

Messed around with training and did some wall splat shenanigans.

GS 6Aaaaa into wall hit, 3kA, BB (82 dmg).

The 6Aaaaa can be replaced with an 88_22A although the dmg is only 76. The BB leaves the opponent standing at the end of the combo.

Best GS WS K stun combo I have come up with so far: (can only be done on close range hit for WS K)

GS WS K(ch), 3kA, 11K, BT B+K, B

Tbh, it's been hitting ppl who can shake fairly well, before they are able to shake. However it's drawback is the 3kA only connects at very close range if you buffer it right away. If they don't shake at all then feel free to move forward and do it. It's about 81 dmg I think.

cha cha

Back