Tira Combos

More techtraps:

GS 3B 22B -> 44K( strict timing catches ALL tech and leads to additional groundstun + it's safe on whiff)
GS 3B 44K -> 44K "....."

Excellent find arnie. I was toying around with it and it's legit. It's prolly the only move in GS that will catch all tech after 3B 22B so it's useful. The timing isn't too hard either. This is just what she needed to push her oki game up a notch.

Yesterday I learned about RCC the recovery-crouch-cancel which is performed by tapping 66 when getting in crouch. It will let you do standing moves out of crouch if you didn't know already.

With this you can do techtraps like:

JS 88K -> RCC -> 1A _ 1aB

I'm trying to find some more stuff with it.

@Mikosu: Maybe you could seperate the techtraps from the combosection into an own thread for a clear arrangement.

GS 3B 44K tech 1A catches all tech (except for maybe forward, I didn't check that one).
GS NH WRB 1A all tech
GS 3B 44K 33B side escape. Good for RO.

JS 66B 4A:A 44K combos, but y'all probably already knew that.

Tira tech trap:

GS, (stun), 66B
-3B
-22_88B
-66666B

None of them work if they tech right
22_88B doesn't work if they tech left either

(Assuming that they never tech right)
-Since there is the chance that Tira might change to jolly, I think 3B would be the best choice, since you can get something with jolly as well.
-If you just want to risk it, and launch the opponent, 22_88B would be the best option, since if she changes to jolly, it will at least still hit them
-If you just want damage up the arse, go for the 66666B

I tested all of them on human opponents, they all seem to work, but 3B is by far the best since you can link it to a combo, OR the 44444B tech trap.

You can't tech after 88K arnie. If you really wanna make this wiki page then keep at it. It is nicer to read lol.

You can't tech after 88K arnie. If you really wanna make this wiki page then keep at it. It is nicer to read lol.

I'll keep it up. :)
Why is teching not possible after 88K? You can't get up immediatly after it but in JS, 1A and 2A+B hit when timed right and RCCed before. So I assumed it'd be a "techtrap".

Could someone test 44K(airhit)~ 6A+B for me? e.g. GS88B, 44K -> 6A+B.

EDIT: I will retest the traps once I have my PS3 back, some don't look as if they'd work properly.

I'll keep it up. :)
Why is teching not possible after 88K? You can't get up immediatly after it but in JS, 1A and 2A+B hit when timed right and RCCed before. So I assumed it'd be a "techtrap".

Could someone test 44K(airhit)~ 6A+B for me? e.g. GS88B, 44K -> 6A+B.

EDIT: I will retest the traps once I have my PS3 back, some don't look as if they'd work properly.

Well like 1A 88K causes an untechable KND. That's why I went on about GS 22B oki after these moves. I would list all the tech traps I can think of but I'll leave that fun for you. I will say that 3A catches all sometimes and GS 3kA catches all. After what? Test around :)

As far as the standard UB tech traps you should link to my old post about the character-specific escapes arnie: http://www.8wayrun.com/showpost.php?p=16876&postcount=79

good call on the match ups there chaos, and the thread is going nicely lately... but the possiblity of this combo bein legit is just too juicy, even though it has its limitations as a wall combo :(

And my apologies if this has already been discovered and posted, i dnt think it has since ive done most or all of my Tira HW

Anyway the comboes listed are all based around Tira's One and only unblockable, which happens to be my favorite in the game. Keep in mind that a wall is needed, an angling the hit of the UB can be a bit of a pain

Ill start with the JS version, which is probably the one that you'll succeed with the least, and may only connect on noobs with, AND is the least self damaging and opponent damaging

JS 6A+B (wall hit) 1B
-a simple three hit combo, but hittin with the UB would need a decent chunk of luck

the next 2 are for Gloomy

GS 6A+B (wall hit) BF 66B
this takes away a really decent amount of health from the opponent, but obviously the enemy has to hit the wall at a certain angle, and theres the problem of just throwing an unblockable out at random, while this may work on a newbie, most pros will get around it.

To combat my fears of just throwing out her UB at random, i came up with this:

GS 6Aaaaa (wall hit) WS K -> UB (wall hit) -> BF 66B

the WS K acts as a stun which doesnt cause the opponent to hit the ground (no ukemi), and even though it might be shakeble, my opponents (who are skilled, and can sidestep the UB under any other circumstance) have still eatin the UB, though the wall hit -> 66B is situational. The point is that this is a very powerful tool if used properly. The latter half causes bewteen 113-120 damage, add that with the 6Aaa, wall hit, and WS K which can go as high as 56 damage and your lookin at 176 damage...

I AM NOT however claiming that this is a combo, connecting with a UB mid combo is near impossible for any chracter, but your chances of landin the UB after the WS K are really good, especially if the opponent is backwards when u stun them. The UB will always be just within range of hitting the opponent, and even if they dont hit the wall, you've still just delivered a mighty blow. I know it looks sketchy when typed out, but so did my Updraft combo, and that turned out to be pretty legit :)

Sorry again if this has already been posted, if it has.. Who here as uses this, and how successful is it for you?

Now either way i feel that this will serve some purpose :)

Has ANYBODY tried this out?? >.<

No sadly not working. Even if you don't shake the WS K stun you can still interupt the UB.
I suggest a simple throw after 6Aaaaa W! or 3kA,11_77K, BT B+K B (credits to mikosu).

No sadly not working. Even if you don't shake the WS K stun you can still interupt the UB.
I suggest a simple throw after 6Aaaaa W! or 3kA,11_77K, BT B+K B (credits to mikosu).

aaww nutz! did u try it on the CPU or against an opponent??

also that combo u listed reminded me of another wall combo i kno

JS 3B, W! 11_77K, BT B+K B, A+K, 11_44_77B (tech trap)

if she switches to Gloomy after A+K obviously 44B changes, so just do 11_77B and it lands as a counter hit and launches the opponent behind u if they tech, and this means more damage =)

Back