Soul Calibur 5 Guest/Bonus/CAS Character Discussion

I would like to emphasize the fact that it would be a shame to waste all efforts done of the SW guest chars, I wish that Vader/Apprentice could remain as a permanent char or something because the SW characters (minus Yoda) were able to hold their own and beat most of the Soul Calibur cast, sort of how RTD won a tourney with just Apprentice.

I would like to emphasize the fact that it would be a shame to waste all efforts done of the SW guest chars, I wish that Vader/Apprentice could remain as a permanent char or something because the SW characters (minus Yoda) were able to hold their own and beat most of the Soul Calibur cast, sort of how RTD won a tourney with just Apprentice.
Aha! Yeah, it's not too fun when a perfectly good movelist is scrapped and left out of the newest installment, is it?

Okay I'm done wallowing in the past lol. On a serious note... I do think they should keep some of the elements of those characters' playstyles in V for new characters maybe, but I highly doubt they will return for SCV.

Maybe buff up Algol's moves and add more moves so it wouldn't be just a bubble fest.

I'm okay with the bubble combos that OOF made some time back, but make Algol have the natural advantage of being a boss, like, Hilde can easily make quick work of him in the Ring Outs.

Anyways, I thought about the Ezio/Altair idea, and I think it sounds great of having him as a guest

Hmmm, not much of a mystery there, guests sell, sometimes, like the SW characters, it's another game, but in all fairness that game was alright and it can work both ways. But out of curiousity, who did you have in mind that hasn't already been in SC?

But anyway I'll say it again, why waste all that perfectly good effort with SW stuff, especially now when the license needs a decent revival, the only new SW game I can think of, (decent SW game) is an MMO ill never play... Liked what Force-Destruct said, they could add lightsaber forms to the CaS mode too...

All this ranting how they need to focus on the core cast, c'mon, they've had several games to get their fightinig styles done already, SCV should be little more then polish and balancing in that respect... Plenty of room for guests, SW or not, when we get more good ideas, we could make a poll so we have something Namco could take a look at...

See the problem with this is simple.. When you add elements like guests into a game, you need to do what you can to balance out the "guests" from the rest of the cast. This has always caused problems in all games. If the game is good, then gimmicks like this will never be needed.

Am i saying that Guests dont help make money? Nah, i know its all a selling point.. Just would think that if you would plan to add something like this into a game, at very least you can make it where those guests and the main cast are fairly balanced. i know its impossible to completely balance the game but at least make the attempt.. And not just some crappy attempt either..

Shame maybe, but it wouldn't harm the game necessarily.

Taking Vader's moveset, tweaking it, adding some stuff, then making it say, Arthur. I'd be all for that.

Take some of Apprentice's stuff, add in Hwang-style kicks, and bringing Hwang back- another good idea. (You'd have to make Hwang and Yunsung share very little).

You know now that they have all these "Force" moves thanks to the SW characters I can definitely see them putting some sort of sorcerer or mage or whatever with like a staff and some sort of "mystical" move set. It's one of the only things missing from the story line and they already kind of had something like that with Abyss and some of his moves.

Taking Vader's moveset, tweaking it, adding some stuff, then making it say, Arthur. I'd be all for that.

Take some of Apprentice's stuff, add in Hwang-style kicks, and bringing Hwang back- another good idea. (You'd have to make Hwang and Yunsung share very little).
That wouldn't be a half bad idea... I mean when you really look at Hwang's trademark movelist... it's pretty short. Embellishing that with the apprentice's saber moves actually sounds pretty viable. All they need to do is keep:
A+B
1A / 1B
2A / 2B / 2B+K / 2K / 2kK
3AAB / 3B / 3B+K
6KK / 6K*K
8A / 8B / 8K

11_77A
44A / 44KK

FC A / FC B / FC K

WL A / WL B / WL K

And I would prefer to keep his throws.

Incorporating some of Appy's moves and revive Hwang doesn't sound so bad at all.

Though, having a mage-like character that uses the Force moves is not a good idea. The Force is only meant to be used by the SW cast

Well if i had choose some guest characters. Wesker,thor,ezio would be some choices. even sora would be a good guest char.

When I first played SC1 I said something like who the hell is this and where is Hwang lol... Like to see him come back, probably be bit older though, maybe he can combine some of the similar characters styles, sort of like Edgemaster or like Necrid in SC2... Speaking of Necrid...

When I first played SC1 I said something like who the hell is this and where is Hwang lol... Like to see him come back, probably be bit older though, maybe he can combine some of the similar characters styles, sort of like Edgemaster or like Necrid in SC2... Speaking of Necrid...

Lmao cerb is where it's t completely random all the time stupid good to. Put all the characters with those fighting styles to shame. I would like a better crate a soul this time. I want more random equipment and not so much all the character armors used as the crate a soul equipment. Sc3 still has the best crate a soul option today.

I just don't want a special vs mode- that's what encourages what on Sirlin's site is called the "Football Helmet Clown Shoes guy" problem.

I just don't want a special vs mode- that's what encourages what on Sirlin's site is called the "Football Helmet Clown Shoes guy" problem.

I agree with 100% i believe having a special mode took away what skill people could have had in SC4. Special fights were for those people who didn't want to try and didn't want to be good at the game.

That's not what I meant. What I meant was people choosing ridiculous outfits for some advantage.

Special VS was just a sideshow really, and I don't think it was used much. Personally I think costumes should be just for cosmetic effect, but unsure if Namco will agree.

Well if i had choose some guest characters. Wesker,thor,ezio would be some choices. even sora would be a good guest char.

bleh, Sora.....

I'd Rather, Heavenly Sword girl, Sesshoumaru/Inuyasha, Afro Samurai, Zuko/Azula from Avatar, Zabuza from Naruto, characters that could actually fit the time...wesker is already in MvC3 and too modern.

I agree with 100% i believe having a special mode took away what skill people could have had in SC4. Special fights were for those people who didn't want to try and didn't want to be good at the game.
Why even have abilities in the game? Not only that but it drastically hindered freedom in character creation.

I still vote for my "Duo" style upgrade for Hwang (Zuko's Style from Last Air Bender) But your Idea is what I agree on, they could take spawn's moves and make a new character or give them to lizardman, take Link's moves and give them to Luna, take Heihachi's moves, tweak em and give them to Edgemaster. (I always wanted a wise old man in SC series.)

They could give Apprentace's moves to Assassin (removing projectiles)

I just need to add further thoughts to this statement.

Believe me I'm not here to make this a "Hwang vs...." thread, especially since, as I stated in my previous post, I agree with you. However, I will say this, Hwang and Yunsung already share VERY little. There are like a handful of moves that are the same between them, but the way you have to play the characters in order to make them successful are drastically different. That is why I never understood the "clone" argument.

Is Hwang aesthetically similar to Yungsung; yes. Is He aesthetically similar to X; yes. Is he aesthetically similar to Mitsu; yeah. Does he play the same as any of them; not at all.

He has just enough of X's flash to be deceptive. He has just enough of Yun's fancy acrobatic footwork to give him options. And he has just enough Mitsu's direct and simple sword mastery to be downright effective. He does not copy anyone... he just exists in a perfect sweet spot between these three characters, imo. And that is not to say he is overpowered... he pays a price for it with a short movelist.

And those are just vague similarities to other characters... don't get me started on his unique strengths (safe low's anyone lol).

Again, my only reason for this post was to point out to people why this character IS unique and deserves to be in SCV whether his movelist gets expanded or not. With that being said... I will get back on topic lol.

Back