Soul Calibur 4 Tutorial Videos

Ok the video is done, only took about 8 hours :D

It did have one or two minor editing issues but there is no way in hell I'm waiting another 8 hours. I'll just upload an edited version another time.
Starting the upload now and I'll update the post when it is finished.

Thanks for what you're doing Partisan, that's a great help for all newer players outthere. I hope to add a tutorial of my own to your list in a next couple of weeks.

I would also like to thank Idlemind for helping me with this video and providing an outline/script for this tutorial.

And just because I can I'm going to point out the small editing mistakes that are driving me insane that most people probably won't notice until I say them:

No particular order
1. 7:19 - Music loop is delayed creating an awkward pause inbetween D;
2. 7:21 - Transition fail. The SC footage was lacking the transition animation every other layer had. Obviously this was the point in the video where I was getting lazy >_>
3. 7:37 - Same as above except the outro
4. Awkward fades all over the place (hard to get them right when you cant preview anything in real time).
5. Leaving in a voice clip where I don't even say the proper phrase LOL
6. Inconsistent fade times in the "low throws" part.
7. 3:38 - SC footage + Border are fading while the black BG is doing the spin animation FDSFGFDH

Baaaackkkk to Vegasssssssss

Thanks for what you're doing Partisan, that's a great help for all newer players outthere. I hope to add a tutorial of my own to your list in a next couple of weeks.

I love the SC community and I want to see it grow to full potential come SC5, I figure doing videos like this will help that goal! Thanks for the post, and I look forward to seeing your tutorial!

I'm just gonna say this but Partisan, you are the super awesomeness awesome ever! I was so confused about frames and advantage/disadvantage and the columns in the wiki made only 50% sense to me. But now I understand how to read it and what all the numbers mean! Thanks for making this video! ^.^ :D :D :D

No problem! Glad I could help :)

That was great. One question, though. In addition to Asta, Taki and Yoshi, isn't Ivy another character that has an air throw? (SW 6B8) Or should it be considered an attack throw? It activates only on airborne opponent, though.

Hmm, I think it might be considered an AT just because the other air throws have a grab input (28B+G for Asta, Taki A+K A+G? etc...). We can call it an AT for the sake of not having to add it in my next render :P

Hmm, I think it might be considered an AT just because the other air throws have a grab input (28B+G for Asta, Taki A+K A+G? etc...). We can call it an AT for the sake of not having to add it in my next render :P

Is nightmares B+K not an Air Throw? Or is BT B+K LoL I know you can do it both ways but not sure on the notation.

Either way cool vid for new people. Cant belive you spent that much time on it though. Id like to see a Skill Project from you more than these help a noob videos :) LoL

but either way its good what your doing here and Im sure it will help alot of people out! SP for Cass/Nightmare next!

His A+K and BT B+K are ATs. I guess the best way to define an air throw is "an unblockable/unbreakable throw that only hits opponents in the air".

I would like to do some type of skill project but It's tough finding really flashy/entertaining stuff for my mains (even tougher to make it look interesting). I DO have some footage recorded but I stopped working on it because I lacked a theme or direction with it, which I feel I need if I am to proceed.

Thanks for the comment!

@Malice - Sure

Fixed up tutorial being uploaded now.

Will post when done!

Oh and next tutorial will be on GIs and Parries, followed by Soul Gauge/CF.

Awesome. Hopefully it's uploaded and processed by the time I get home so I can post it.

I posted the re-rendered tutorial on Facebook. I hope people love it because it is a very well-produced video. Kudos to you and Idlemind.

Nitpicking: At the end of the video, the letter R in 8Wayrun should be capitalized so it reads 8WayRun.com instead of 8Wayrun.com

Suggestion: you should also create a playlist on your YouTube channel and add these tutorial videos so vistors can find them without having to dig for them since you will be making more vids in the future.

Thanks for putting it on FB as well as the feedback Malice.

I'll change the video template now, and work on the playlist soon.

Edit: If everyone could like and maybe comment on the video that would be great! More coverage for the video and 8WR (and potential subscribers for me ;P)!

Thanks!

Thanks for putting it on FB as well as the feedback Malice.

I'll change the video template now, and work on the playlist soon.

Edit: If everyone could like and maybe comment on the video that would be great! More coverage for the video and 8WR (and potential subscribers for me ;P)!

Thanks!

I posted your videos on a friend of my gf's facebook when she said her and her brother were trying to learn soul calibur? figured it was just one of those times to plug 8wayrun and help people learn the game in an easy way.

Very nice video. You possibly could have added a small bit about the strongest grabbers in the game (Asta, Ivy, maybe Nighty) and why they are so strong. Just my thoughts...

Back