Skins/Header Images

ExMachina

fails the turing test
We've got plenty of graphic artists in the community... so I'm sure people will be up for contributing custom skins. Maybe we could do either a contest (people submit skins and then members vote) or skins on request (ie, there's a lot of demand for a certain color scheme).

It could be neat to get rotating banners, at least one for each character, submitted by the community as well.

Not sure if a lot of people have access to a test vBulletin board to actually work out the CSS, so we have to have some way of pruning down the skins to be coded so that it's not too much of a workload for the admins.

Just throwin' out some ideas... Jaxel mentioned custom skins in the thread on CaliburForum and it got me excited. :p

I'm accepting custom skins from anybody who wants...

Light colored backgrounds preferred... 980 pixel width.

8wr.png

Look decent?

nm it looks tacky.

I can't remember what thread it was in but someone made one that looked cool with the directional inputs from a stick that said 8wayun. I think the only issue was that it was too tall.

I say, take the roman numeral for "5" from the SCIV logo, and then take the roman numeral for "3" from the SCIII logo, put them together to make eight, and then have a fancy W and R letter.

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. The NVGA is thinking about having a contest for the best skin voted by the players for 8wayrun.com. Jaxel and I will give you more details in the next couple of days!!

I can't remember what thread it was in but someone made one that looked cool with the directional inputs from a stick that said 8wayun. I think the only issue was that it was too tall.

It was this post by Jimbossa. I prefer this one so far :D

However, I think doing it with "8WR" as Archangel described would be nicer, give us some identity -- everyone knows how fast abbreviations and memes travel these days >_>

It was this post by Jimbossa. I prefer this one so far :D

However, I think doing it with "8WR" as Archangel described would be nicer, give us some identity -- everyone knows how fast abbreviations and memes travel these days >_>

Thanks, I'm old, and can't remember things anymore.

I do like the 8WR thing too.

Work-in-progress shot... still a lot of icon work to be done, not to mention I haven't even begun to figure out the buttons for posting, etc. Wanted to get some feedback on the color scheme I've settled on. Everything is changeable however, if people don't like the green/blue/gold... I can add more accents/patterning on the forum category headers/footers, though I dunno whether the majority would prefer more complicated or simpler (also faster loading).

The banner/header is just placeholder... I'm sure someone out there will come up with a badass logo for the site (Jimbossa's is pretty slick) or we can try for that rotating banner thing to get all of the roster up there.

The style that ExMachina put up is hot.
But i dont know if gray is cute color for the site.
I say we should give black a try, and then make it look fly from there.

Someone should try the logo, with the joystick and put the numbers around it.
Like having the joystick in the middle with the numbers around it.
The 8 in bold, then "Way Run" after it.
Since some people are still confused with the number system.

Also, having random character profile images as a very faint bg in posts like TZ would be pretty boss.

Example: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=88109

Take a look at the BG on peoples' posts. You can see a transparent, almost invisible image of a random character as the BG.

Other optional color themes (Character based color schemes) would be nice, too. Maybe a Siegfried or Nightmare color scheme as the default and have others selectable from User CP or the Home Page.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/index.php

Scroll down and check the right side for some theme selection examples.

Back