Possible SC4 back at Evo?

lobo just so happens to have 5 euros he's been sitting on for quite some time. open MM with anyone willing to travel here who can spend it back home.

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Just to let everyone know the location for Nationals will host not only the Nationals for Soul Calibur 4 but also the Soul Calibur 4 NVGA championships where anyone can enter. We do this because we know that are people who want to play against the big dogs but didn't qualify for nationals. All this as well as other games will be present at the NVGA SuperCon event. We are doing some work right now but expect more information out about the National location very very soon!! So Dr. Dogg add the SuperCon to your list as well and that's the weekend of Soul Calibur 4 Nationals!!

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Just to let everyone know the location for Nationals will host not only the Nationals for Soul Calibur 4 but also the Soul Calibur 4 NVGA championships where anyone can enter. We do this because we know that are people who want to play against the big dogs but didn't qualify for nationals. All this as well as other games will be present at the NVGA SuperCon event. We are doing some work right now but expect more information out about the National location very very soon!! So Dr. Dogg add the SuperCon to your list as well and that's the weekend of Soul Calibur 4 Nationals!!

I'll want yoda that's what I want.

The prizes in evo are like this:

"Evo World will award cash prizes to the top 3 (three) places at a rate proportional to the number of attendees. Ten dollars from the registration fee of each participant will go into a tournament prize pool, which will be awarded to the top 3 finishers at a 7/2/1 split. For example, if 300 people enter the Marvel vs Capcom 2 tournament, the total prize pool for that tournament will be $3000 ($300 x 10), paying out $2100 to first place (70% of $3000), $600 to second place (20% of $3000), and $300 to third place (10% of $3000)."
http://www.evo2k.com/playerGuide/prizes.php

So if we can gather a lot of attendants we can have a good price.

-Stryker-

I understand that. What I'm saying is that there are tournaments with guaranteed pay outs no matter how many people show up. So if SC4 isn't in Evo this year, we can still have a "World Final" at another tournament (DEVASTATION, TiT8, Nationals, where ever).

So would the international players be willing to go to a tournament other than Evo and what would it take to get them there? $1,000? $2,000?

That works too, but my point is simply that Evo doesn't have to include SC4 for us to have an international event. We have several majors already announced that can allow for an equally impressive tournament. I'd even go as far as to say that the tournaments I've mentioned could be more entertaining than SC4 at Evo.

I think criteria to attract international players would include:

The presence of strong opponents in that country, the confirmed presence of many international palyers, a LOT of hype and also publicity.

The last two points have to be comparable to evo or even higher. Well at least to me evo has that added prestige thing to it.

Well there needs to be a good prize but i think that aint as important as the above.

lol
It'd be like checkers @ a chess tournament. SC4 isn't serious business like SC2 was.

But I'd support SC4 going to Evo.

that's good you support it. but, i have to ask, wtf was "serious business" about sc2?

=P yeah yeah, I can read it (I'm just too lazy to actually READ it XD)

And my name is also from an african tribal chant that randomly, also says "Cat"

Edit: Oh, right, but you really don't know anybody in japan around your area that is really into SC that wants to have their try at Evo? =D Just tell them to pretend it's tougeki, but in english. And more sweaty white dudes.

...an african tribal chant? -_- *ahem* anyways...

i don't actually "know" anyone that plays. although i will say that there's one voldo player in particular that i've played against a few times who i think could easily enter and place at a national tournament. he's just flat-out solid and he really showed me why voldo was a top tier character through watching several of his "ass handing" sessions.

too bad i can't talk to him.

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Demarcus, I think we could include Yoda in our NVGA championship at the SuperCon. By that time people have had a lot of time to play Yoda and it should be good to go. We will see though....

As for international play I can speak on the NVGA behalfs and say that the SuperCon event is an event that I really want all players to attend due to the amount of people that will be there and I would say that international players could definitly add a lot of substance to the rest of the event when it comes too the panels and workshops that will be present. It's always good to get a out of country view in the gaming industry.

As for prizes believe this. The NVGA is working it's hardest to provide you the best event possible but more important provide more than just a tournament but an gaming experience. The goal of the SuperCon is to educate the masses on all aspects of gaming with hardcore gaming being one of the main attractions. We will work our best to provide what the players what and need to come out, play and support.

Too bad its on PS3, i will have to practise on the PAD until jully, hope i will be ready at time.

Okey guyz, Prepare for the France Invasion.

cedric, you straight trippin if you think hilde won't be a problem in the future if she's left alone. I'm just saying, if she doesn't get patched, she will become #1 pocket for this game, and i think "in my opinion" that it may turn a lot of players off towards the game, in lieu of SF4.

fyi. let's keep it real.

cha cha

Yeah a patch would be cool, but your post didn't exactly say that from the start. It came off way differently.

Also... why so serious?

[edit to add] Just like Algol turns everyone off to the game and is bad for the community? MMM MMM CHEAPSHOT

LETS GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE... FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!

START TRAINING NOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k thanks

cedric, you straight trippin if you think hilde won't be a problem in the future if she's left alone. I'm just saying, if she doesn't get patched, she will become #1 pocket for this game, and i think "in my opinion" that it may turn a lot of players off towards the game, in lieu of SF4.

fyi. let's keep it real.

cha cha

I've never lost to a Hilde in tournament play, so I'm not all that worried about pocket Hilde players. If I run up against a top player (Cedric) using Hilde, then it'll be a tough match, but it'd be a tough match no matter who Cedric was using. Bring on an average Hilde player any day of the week.

Back