Possible SC4 back at Evo?

I'm reading and reading and... hey! Mr Wizard didn't show up anymore! The official Page didn't say anything about SC4 for EVO 2009... And just waiting for the chance, because we (dominicans players) couldn't even try to attend to the Nationals just by some regulations and rules and etc... But if SC4 will be in EVO count as sure that we gonna make all the possible sacrifices to attend. I'm gonna ask Mr Wizard in the moment he wake up (his current msg is "zzzz" on msn).

-Stryker-
Umm no... there WAS supposed to be a DR regional, but the person who opted to run that regional failed to get anything done. He didn't meet any of his deadlines and therefore, the regional was CANCELLED. There are Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico regionals; because those regions actually got their shit done.

lol
It'd be like checkers @ a chess tournament. SC4 isn't serious business like SC2 was.

But I'd support SC4 going to Evo.

I'm reading and reading and... hey! Mr Wizard didn't show up anymore! The official Page didn't say anything about SC4 for EVO 2009... And just waiting for the chance, because we (dominicans players) couldn't even try to attend to the Nationals just by some regulations and rules and etc... But if SC4 will be in EVO count as sure that we gonna make all the possible sacrifices to attend. I'm gonna ask Mr Wizard in the moment he wake up (his current msg is "zzzz" on msn).

-Stryker-

Solamente tu y Magic.
Tengo que romper el empate que tenemo el y yo.
A Judas no, porque casi me gano el tramposo ese. lol.

lol
It'd be like checkers @ a chess tournament. SC4 isn't serious business like SC2 was.
How is this not comparable to SC2? Look how many different groups of players are willing to attend. USA, Canada, Dominican Republic, Singapore, France, Australia...

If that's a reality, I bet we can get Japan's attention too.

lol

Just because you aren't a big fan of SC4 doesn't mean this isn't serious business. Norcal is more active than ever and look at all the international attention already. If they allow SC4 into Evo this shit will be hype.

you don't know what i said? you have disgaea as an avatar, you have a japanese onomatopoeia of a cat for a screen name, and you make reference to a japanese cartoon in your last post, but you don't know what i said?!

i am highly dissapointed in you.

(i can't believe i almost spelled onomatapoeia correctly! i almost missed the last "o". damn.)

"ソウルキャリバートーナメントがアメリカにありますよ! よーーーーしゃーーー! アメリカに行きましょう!"

there's a soul calibur tournament in america! ALLRIGHTTTT! let's go to america!

"。。。無理だよ"

...impossible

=P yeah yeah, I can read it (I'm just too lazy to actually READ it XD)

And my name is also from an african tribal chant that randomly, also says "Cat"

Edit: Oh, right, but you really don't know anybody in japan around your area that is really into SC that wants to have their try at Evo? =D Just tell them to pretend it's tougeki, but in english. And more sweaty white dudes.

Haha, so many challenges to do, can't wait :( But I fear to be disappointed if there isn't SC4 :(, i'm in fire right now !

But where are Mick, RTD, Aris, XCTU ???

I think Aris is busy practicing anti-Hilde, to be honest.. haha... too busy practicing to grace these forums often.

But wow.. SC4 at Evo.. I'd definitely practice my ass off for this, no more excuses at that point. Especially with me moving back north in a few months. Hopefully I will be good enough to money match people (and win) in different currencies come Evo.

Wizard hasn't posted again, but I'd assume he's at least monitoring the thread.

I want to see SC4 at Evo, but let's say Evo doesn't add it to the lineup this year. There's no reason to waste all of this hype. Couldn't we just do a World Final anyway?

DEVASTATION and TiT8 are in June and both of them will have guaranteed prize pots. TiT8 has $800 for first and I can almost guarantee DEVASTATION will have at least that much for first (probably $1,000 or $2,000). Both are well run tournaments and both already have a lot of hype surrounding them.

What kind of prize pot would it take to get the international attention and the hype going that SC4 at Evo would get? $1,000 for first? Maybe $2,000 for first?

France, Singapore, Australia, Canada... what would it take to get all of you to a US tournament if Evo doesn't add SC4 this year?

DEVASTATION: http://www.8wayrun.com/f2/nvga-devastation-2009-june-19th-21st-2-000-t2334/
TiT8: http://www.8wayrun.com/f2/t-i-t-8-t1086/

lol

lol, it sure is more serious business than Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and that game's practically a lock for Evo by all accounts.

Probably more serious than HD Remix too, seeing as Evo's already said they're not banning Akuma.

I hope everyone knows T.O is the Best.

Like, France is Decent, Cali is Decent, ATL is decent....

But in Toronto we take things to a whole nother level....

Pray they dont put this in Evo so we dont waste your time and money getting there....

I hope everyone knows T.O is the Best.

Like, France is Decent, Cali is Decent, ATL is decent....

But in Toronto we take things to a whole nother level....

Pray they dont put this in Evo so we dont waste your time and money getting there....

More like Neorussel needs to pray Krayziecd doesn't show up unless he wants to hop out another ring.

P.S. " I just want to ace Kayane, take her cash, and spend it on Naomi" - Eddypistons

Solamente tu y Magic.
Tengo que romper el empate que tenemo el y yo.
A Judas no, porque casi me gano el tramposo ese. lol.
Lo siento primo, pero si vamos seria Omega y yo... Si quieres tomar venganza contra Magic pues tendras que tomar un avion a Republica Dominicana.

-Stryker-

What kind of prize pot would it take to get the international attention and the hype going that SC4 at Evo would get? $1,000 for first? Maybe $2,000 for first?
The prizes in evo are like this:

"Evo World will award cash prizes to the top 3 (three) places at a rate proportional to the number of attendees. Ten dollars from the registration fee of each participant will go into a tournament prize pool, which will be awarded to the top 3 finishers at a 7/2/1 split. For example, if 300 people enter the Marvel vs Capcom 2 tournament, the total prize pool for that tournament will be $3000 ($300 x 10), paying out $2100 to first place (70% of $3000), $600 to second place (20% of $3000), and $300 to third place (10% of $3000)."
http://www.evo2k.com/playerGuide/prizes.php

So if we can gather a lot of attendants we can have a good price.

-Stryker-

Back