[Philadelphia, PA] 1-800-GET-THAT-CHICKEN

Malice

Super Moderator
[Philadelphia, PA] What's Good

So me and InsaneKhent are trying to find out who else is in the area that plays Soul Calibur. I would like to get into some offline with some people that are close by and improve on my skills for these tournaments that are coming up. So who else is in the area?

So, no one else from this area plays SC offline? Seriously, if anyone wants to play let either me or Malice know.

Reppin' Delanco/Riverside. I know there are other players in the area cause it was a bitch getting the game on release day because nearly every game store around was sold out. Where are yous?!

I live near philly but I think it's going to be a month or two before I'm ready to give anybody serious practice for a tourney. My rust is strongly evident.

I live near philly but I think it's going to be a month or two before I'm ready to give anybody serious practice for a tourney. My rust is strongly evident.

All the more reason to get together for some offline.

Alright, well, hit me up with a private message with screename or email, that sort of thing, and we'll see if maybe we can set something up sometime.

Aneudy, Omegaxcn, Rekki, and 133mhz are in south jersey, look into finding and playing them, they should be at the next crooked jester monthly.

All the more reason to get together for some offline.

True, you won't shake the rust without offline practice. Playing the CPU and Online will only make things worse.

And yeah Rigel where are those guys? Don't tell me they're still over at that faggot CF site, lol.

So, has anybody made any progress yet in coordinating anything? Or in finding a place that holds tournaments in the region?

Once I got to know some people I'd probably be open to hosting at my apartment sometime (I have a nice 40 inch flatscreen to play on and such) but I'd obviously rather meet (or at least speak) with the people who'd be coming first before I open my home to strangers and potential douchebags, heh.

What we need is someone that can host to get this community going. We should meet up somewhere so that we can get to know each other and get the ball rolling for some offline matches. Or you can catch me at the monthly this weekend.

I'm new to the whole tourney thing, so when you say the monthly I have absolutely no idea where that is, haha.

I'd be interested in coming, and this may seem kind of forward of me, but is there any chance you had a second controller you could bring? A couple of weeks ago I had a very poorly timed medical emergency (poorly timed as in it happened two weeks after my old insurance kicked out and a few weeks before my new insurance kicked in) and I really don't have the kind of cash right now to buy a controller for a system I don't own.

As long as there's an extra controller to use I'm pretty positive I can make it.

Sweet. I don't want to guarentee anything but I'm pretty sure I can make it, then. You can't miss me, I'll be the red-headed kid playing the only character in the game that's close to my natural, glaringly white complexion. ((oh and if it helps I posted a picture in the general discussion lounge)).

I'm in Langhorne area right now. My roomate and I both play and have been considering hosting something as he just picked up a PS3 and we've got a good sized HDTV. if theres anyone in the area who wants to get some offline practice in let me know.

i'd like to get some practice before NEC in December. also build a team for the SC4 3 on 3 Team tourney.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=159092

I'm right around the way from Langhorne if you want to host. It would be nice to get a team going and get ready for NEC.

yea.......southjersey is still alive. Im really busy lately with college, full time work and family..........but i like this game and would be willing to get together with people for some offline. Though my rust is pretty thick as well. Im online alot though and if you are in the area our connection should be pretty good. I disagree with kowtow btw, although online is nowhere near as good as offline it is infinitely better than playing the cpu. Ive played with players like Mick, Rtd, MT fighter, oof, Realyst online and i learned alot from it...........friend me psn-aneudee

P.S- make sure your connection is optimal for online play. Ports have to be fowarded for optimal connection.........

It's about time this thread got some life. I was worried for a minute.

I stopped playing online for like a week and got rusty as hell when I tried to play online last night. It took a few matches for me to get back in the flow of things. Online may not be as good, but definitely better than playing against the CPU or not playing at all. I'll be on tonight. We should definitely get some offline going.

Back