[Philadelphia, PA] 1-800-GET-THAT-CHICKEN

Should have checked this section a loooooong time ago.

I'm about 30 mins outside Philly. Where do you guys get together at for sessions?

I probably won't be a consistant attendee, but interested in getting together with some folks for some casuals in SC4 and other shit

Malice, 1der, InsaneKhent, and everybody else in the Philly/South Jersey area: I want in on the sessions. I'm sooooo glad to see people from Philadelphia playing the game. I came into the scene pretty late in SC3, and at the end of the run, I was the only Philadelphia player in the scene altogether. Blow-up my PMs or my email, and let me know where there is a session going on, and I'll do my best to show up. If it's at a time that's good for me, I'll be a regular attendee. Unfortunately, my girlfriend would never let me hold a session here at my place, so my place is out for right now...

So is there anyone that's in the area who loves this game that's willing to host on a regular basis? I'm hoping that there's someone in the area who wouldn't mind. I would if I could, so the only likely idea would be to get together at a public location on the weekend. I wouldn't mind going somewhere public and get some games in. What do you guys think? Let's get something going.

Shit, I can't really think of anywhere off the top of my head where there is space in the city where we can get some games in. I don't have Eric's number, but I know he has a place in West Philly that he said that he was going to use. There is that LAN center that Hubbs used for his tournament back in August, but that isn't in Philly. It's closer to Media--close, if you have a car. I know the Gallery doesn't have a LAN center, and neither does any other close mall (WTF is up with that--this is Philly damn it, not Bumblefuck, PA!). One of my former students works at GOt Game on South Street when he is not in school, so whenever he's around there, we can get some games in there, but that won't be for months... Anybody else out there for ideas?

So is there anyone that's in the area who loves this game that's willing to host on a regular basis?
I don't know what you would say is a a "regular basis", but I can probably do something once a month.

Basically, it's only me and gf living in a small house. Although it's really her house. (well, actually owned by her grandma) But my gf would be cool with this. Only thing is that she wouldn't random people here when she's not. So I'll try to work around her work schedule and get something going.

We're located in Delanco (NJ) right next to the Riverside border. (GoogleMaps thinks we're in Riverside) 2-5 Minutes from the Delanco and Riverside RiverLine stops. From Philly, get on PATCO and make your way to Walter Rand Transportation Center. The RiverLine is right outside. Take it North To Trenton till you get to the Riverside stop.

For equipment here, there are 2 TVs in the living room, a 360 and 1 Hori stick. I do not have a PS3, yet.

Let me know if you're really interested in this.

And in a random side note: There's a game expo/con coming up in Philly next weekend.

www.vgxpo.net

I'll be there on Saturday. Look for the guy dressed as Dante from Devil May Cry 3.

Sounds good to me. I got in a car accident so once I get a new ride I can travel again. I'm also going to peep out a venue downtown to see what going on with that if people want to meet there as well.

Yo, this is Leroy (133mhz). Still in Jersey. Don't play much anymore, but when I get the rare chance I don't mind rocking some sessions. I'm currently in Lindenwold, but really I'm back and forth between here and the Atlantic City area. PSN is iamvexed. Live tag is dontbefoolish (however, I don't have SC for 360, only PS3). Peace.

EDIT: Also, FFS make sure you go to NEC. It's good, every single year. Tournies never start on time, but who gives a fuck? Eric usually throws the best shit in this area.

So, uh..Sporko. What do you say we get the ball rolling on some offline sessions? Since you seem to be open to hosting, why don't we shoot for an upcoming weekend? I'm sure Larry and Anthony would love to get in on those too. What weekends are good for people here?

I'm not free the next 2 weekends in November. After that should all be fine.

Assuming the next monthly is Dec 20th, I'm gonna try to host something on the 13th or 14th. I'll let you know the status.

Ok, I am sick of being terrible. I've talked to a couple people and spoke of my willingness to host but nobody has gotten back to me.

I live in Bensalem, which is a suburb of philly (a 20-25 minute drive from center city straight up I-95 North).

I live in my own apartment, so I don't have any roomates to have to negotiate with, and have a nice 40 inch flatscreen to play on. I am usually free every evening other than Wednesday and Sunday, and I really don't need much prior notice. If it's a thursday night and you suddenly realize you have freetime, give me a call and if I'm not doing anything, you can pretty much just come over. I might ask for a half hour to straighten up or something but, seriously, I need practice. Badly.

The only restriction I'd have (and I really don't see this being an issue) is I'd have to limit it to 4-6 people at a time (myself included). It is, afterall, a one bedroom apartment.

The next tourney I want to go to isn't until the middle of January and I would *really* like some practice to make sure I can actually make a decent showing. When you have no practice and just show up to a tournament once a month, it feels like I might as well be button mashing.

Bullet Points for those who don't like a lot of reading

-Wants to host
-40 inch TV
-Free most days

I'm really trying to make this happen, so I just sent PM's to, well, everybody who posted in this thread with a copy of the post I made above.

If it requires any clarification, I live in Bensalem which is a suburb in north east philly, which means I'm not *in* the city ((which hopefully doesn't pose any problems to those posting here that live *in* the city, but I'd pick you up from the cornwells train station if you don't drive. And if you do drive, Bensalem is 20, maybe 25 minutes from center city and 30-40 minutes from south philly. You just get on I-95 north, take exit 37, and then my apartment is two turns and less than two miles away from the I-95 exit).

However this also means I'm a bit closer to a lot of the Jersey areas so that might be convenient for some. If anybody wants to get some internet directions to see how much of a commute it would be for them, my address is

2049 brown avenue, apt: E12
Bensalem, PA 19020

And like I mentioned above, I seriously don't need much warning. If you're free and can give me a half hours warning before you'd show up (provided I'm not doing anything that night, of course), then you can feel free to just come on over.

Thanksgiving and old friends in town means I'm booked *this* week, but after this week I'm free from around 5:30 PM until however long you feel like staying on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and then on Saturday I'm usually free all day.

For those who would rather just show up only if there's going to be 3-6 people attending, well, I just posted my schedule so you guys can just discuss amongst yourselves when a good day or time is, post it here or PM it to me and I'll tell you if that works for me. Odds are it will.

If you want my phone number, no problem, just send me a PM. I know the odds of getting a group of 4 or more people to show up once a week is probably pretty slim due to the troubles of coordinating schedules, but my goal is to have two or three scheduled group practices by the January tournament and, hopefully, once or twice a week where one of you just wants to pop on by for some impromptu practice.

You know what, hell, I'm gonna go the extra mile here. Here is my schedule through December ot the best of my knowledge.

November 24th through the 30th, I am booked solid everyday. However, here is my avaialability afterwards.

DECEMBER

Monday the 1st: 6PM-1AM
Tuesday the 2nd: 6PM-1AM
Thursday the 4th: 6PM-1AM
Friday the 5th: 6PM-3AM
Saturday the 6th: 11AM-3AM

Monday the 8th: 6PM-1AM
Tuesday the 9th: 6PM-1AM
Thursday the 11th: 6PM-1AM
Friday the 12th: 6PM-3AM
Saturday the 13th: 11AM-3AM

Monday the 15th: 6:PM-1AM
Tuesday the 16th: 6PM-1AM
Thursday the 18th: 6PM-1AM
Saturday the 20th: 11AM-3AM

Monday the 22nd: 6PM-1AM
Tuesday the 23rd: 6PM-1AM
Saturday the 27th: 11AM-3AM

Monday the 29th: 6PM-1AM
Tuesday the 30th: 6PM-1AM

JANUARY

Friday the 2nd: 6PM-3AM
Saturday the 3rd: 11AM-3AM

Monday the 5th: 6PM-1AM
Tuesday the 6th: 6PM-1AM
Thursday the 8th: 6PM-1AM
Friday the 9th: 6PM-3AM
Saturday the 10th: 11AM-3AM

Monday the 11th: 6PM-1AM
Tuesday the 12th: 6PM-1AM
Thursday the 14th: 6PM-1AM

Most of my friends have late shifts and don't get off of work until 8 to 10 PM, so don't take that wide open schedule as a lack of a social life (plus that's why I need wednesdays and sundays off, those are days prior social obligations come into effect) it's just I figure most people aren't going to want to randomly stop by at 11 PM at night for some casual one on one play

The only exception to that list is that every year my friend Rick throughs a kick ass christmas party but he changes the date every year so that could take place anywhere between December 18th and December 31st, and as soon as I find out what day that is this year, I'll edit that date out.

Otherwise, guys, there you go. You now know more or less every open period of time I have for the next 6 or 7 weeks incase you guys want to coordinate a group gathering, and as I've said several times already ( I hat ecoming off as desperate but I *am* desperate for practice at this point) I can be free at a moments notice for some casual one on one practice.

So you guys just look over that schedule there, talk amongst yourself, find a day or days where you guys know you'll be free, and we'll schedule group practice sessions on those days.

Why don't we start with Saturday December 6th? I not sure who else wants to go because the NEC tournament is also that day, but I know I won't be attending. I can also bring a 23' flat screen and another PS3 so we can have two stations.

As far as the day, that sounds fine with me. And feel free to bring your system and tv/monitor. My living room isn't huge but I'm sure we can find a way to make it all fit.

Like I said though, I've learned through experience that the most people who can be in my apartment comfortably and have their own space and place to sit is 6, maybe 7. Though from the responses so far I doubt that would be too much of a problem I don't forsee a dozen people suddenly wanting to show up.

And if nobody else wants to come because of NEC, I'm cool with just having you over. We'll order out or I'll cook us up some lunch/dinner and we'll get some long overdue practice.

I am off this Monday so I can come through that day. I also work late so I can come through if anyone else is going to be there late. I'm free after NEC.

Sporko, I'm interested like I told you at Jay's. I'm going to NEC (right now, anyway). But, I will get back to you about what days I'm free. Generally, I'm good during the evenings. Hopefully, three or four of us will be ale to make it at a time.

Well for the time being it looks like it's going to be just us two, Sporko. I'll pm you some time next week just to confirm everything.

Back