[Philadelphia, PA] 1-800-GET-THAT-CHICKEN

I'm still not sure about my schedule that far down, so I won't say I can make it since spots are limited

but I'll probably be able to make it after NEC.

Evenings are no problem for me if you want to get together after the holiday. I am also off on the 1st.

No need to commit either way, this is just some casual hanging out but I wouldn't worry about spots filling up. There's only been, what, 8 or 9 people who have posted in this entire thread? Unless every person in the thread shows up at once, there wont' be a problem. My apartment is actually relatively spacious for a one bedroom, the problem is while I have a nice, big living room, it's pretty much the only room. There's only so many seats. Everybody else would be standing or sitting on the floor and if that were the case.

So basically, if you find out you can come just PM me whenever, even if it's the day of or day before. I guarentee nobody is going to fill up all the spots, heh.

Why don't we start with Saturday December 6th? I not sure who else wants to go because the NEC tournament is also that day, but I know I won't be attending. I can also bring a 23' flat screen and another PS3 so we can have two stations.

That reminded me, to any who might be coming I play on a 360 so if you have a problem with 360 controllers you'll have to bring your own system. And even if you also play on a 360, you might want to bring a controller anyhow as I only have two since somebody (accidentally, I hope) took my controller at the last tournament, and one of them has the thumbpads on the joysticks *extremely* worn and mildly uncomfortable.

Also, Malice and I got together last night for some practice and I can only say that both it and he himself are awesome. Good times were had by all.

Khent, I didn't notice you said you weren't going to NEC. Is that still the case? (in the thread, you have yourself RSVPed for Yes) I'm still trying to get there either way so don't count me in for a session that day.

Otherwise, I'm down for sessions in Philly whenever as long as someone can take me there. I can easily meet someone at any of the RiverLine stops.

Malice and I are getting together here tomorrow night to do another practice session. He won't be getting here until 8:30 or so but I'm free after 6 tomorrow so anybody is welcome to come earlier.

And don't forget Khent and I are doing yet another practice session this saturday, and both chopperman and Malice have expressed some interest in coming.

Also, I don't know terribly much about what train lines run where, but I do know that the cornwells train station and the bristol train station are both fairly close to my apartment and I'd be willing to pick people up.

So if anybody is interested tomorrow night or saturday during the day/evening (and honestly as long as you guys wanna stay. You're even welcome to stay the night but if you want to do that you'll have to bring blankets or a sleeping bag because I have one couch and one loveseat but that's it as far as alternate sleeping conditions go. If there's more than two people somebody woudl have to take the floor.

Well, apparently now I can't make it to Sporko's place for this Saturday. I'll keep up with the thread to let everyone know when I'm available for sessions.

If anyone is interested in getting some games in before NEC, then I will be up there tonight and whenever depending on interest.

Just wanted to let people know that as far as I know I'm still gonna have at least one or two other people showing up saturday so it's still worth it to come. If you're going to NEC, you can feel free to come afterwards. I'm pretty sure that's what Malice intends to do.

In an ideal world, we can make group practice sessions a weekly/saturday event. It's gonna be hard to compete with the NJ/NY people who actually get real life practice on a weekly basis if we don't start getting on the ball with practice of our own.

Alright, just wanted to let everybody know that, including myself, we have 3 people who are definitely getting together around 1-2 in the afternoon ( and I can only imagine this will be an all day thing). The more the merrier so anybody who wants to come is welcome.

Again, my address is

2049 Brown Avenue Apartment: E12
Bensalem, PA 19020

I also live 5 minutes from the cornwells heights trainstation and about 10 minutes from the bristol train station and would be happy to come pick people up and drop them back off at the train station if anybody wanted to commute that way. If nobody takes me up on this it looks like it will just be the three of us tomorrow, but if not this saturday then definitely some friday or saturday this month I would really like to try and get a practice session with 5 to 8 players going on.

Let's try and make it happen, people.

I just looked everything up and apparently it's really inexpensive to get to and from Cornwells from Exton

If you're planning on making this a regular weekly thing on Saturday I should be able to make it consistently

on that note I can't make it this Saturday due to work. I could probably call off in advance next week though. Just let me know it's happening

I'd love to make it a weekly saturday session. I'm pretty sure the others are going to be pretty regular as well so if you can make it, we've got a four person play group right there. Add in weeks where some of the others can make it and we may have some really good practice sessions going.

I'd love to make it a weekly saturday session. I'm pretty sure the others are going to be pretty regular as well so if you can make it, we've got a four person play group right there. Add in weeks where some of the others can make it and we may have some really good practice sessions going.

As long as you're hosting it will be a regular thing. Party at Sporko's.

You know, making it a weekly thing for Saturday would be fine for me. And of course if there's a tournament that day, we can try to get together and practice for the night before. I'm fine with whatever, really. And as soon as I get out of this stinkin' night work schedule, I can be available for all the sessions you guys want - even the weekday ones.

I think so far we've got a good amount of people who are interested - Me, Sporko, Malice, Cla, 350z, and the others who've been posting here as well. I know Cla just needs a ride due to his car being unreliable or something....I can easily give him rides if he needs it or he can probably take the train to Bristol or whatever.

And before anyone asks, I will bring my PS3 and TV to all sessions along with a pair of remotes so that we are well equipped. And feel free to put your character edits on my console so that you can rep your colors/outfit when I bring it to tournaments.

Let's start getting organized, people. And I guess we can't change to thread title to something gimmicky and sweet-sounding? When Malice made the thread he couldn't think of anything and I wasn't much help either.

That's great now that we are finally getting organized. I'm good on Saturday and every so often on the weekdays. I couldn't think of anything too sweet to think of. If anyone else has any better ideas what to rename this thread, then go ahead. The best I could do was the following. I'll keep thinking of stuff:

[Philadelphia, PA] Cheesesteaks & Punishment

[Philadelphia, PA] Cheesesteaks & Rape (bad taste but catchy)

Are these stations connected to either PATCO or SEPTA? I can get to those trains easily. Well, I'm not actually familiar with SEPTA, but supposedly I can get on it by going to the Trenton RiverLine stop.

I'm up for sessions whenever. But I really don't understand why you're trying to do a session during NEC. There will be plenty of casuals there. Tons of great talent to practice against. I really don't get why you all just don't want to go. What you're trying to accomplish with your session that day would be much better achieved at NEC. Even if you don't want in on any tournies.

My car is a little better now. Only real issues are that I have a donut (tires for this car average $150. It'll be a while) that I shouldn't be going over 50mph with, and I don't feel comfortable driving for too long cause of overheating. (no actual overheating problems yet. But I have gotten a ticket for excessive smoke. But with it being winter, everyone's car looks extra smokey now so nothing looks weird about my car.) An hour is my preferred tops. As much as I enjoy driving it, I don't have money for actual repairs so I try avoid using it when not needed.

Sproko's place isn't too far from me, but I don't want to drive there if transit is more convenient or if Khent is driving. Khent, the Burlington South RiverLine stop is on W Broad St right before the Burlington Bristol bridge. I can meet you there if you're cool with it.

I am contemplating driving to NEC since it's actually not that far. But I do worry about driving into unfamiliar territory without someone to help me spot the turns. Especially on the way back when it'll be dark and harder to see signs. Can't wait till I get a GPS device.

If I don't go to NEC, I'm up for the session tomorrow. Khent, I'll text you if that's the case.

We've just been trying to get people together to session, not necessarily trying to hold it during NEC. It's just now that we have some organization going. And I was all set to go to NEC until I paid my bills on Thursday and now have no money. Real life shit comes first so I won't be going.

Are these stations connected to either PATCO or SEPTA? I can get to those trains easily. Well, I'm not actually familiar with SEPTA, but supposedly I can get on it by going to the Trenton RiverLine stop.

Cornwells is SEPTA to my knowledge

But I really don't understand why you're trying to do a session during NEC. There will be plenty of casuals there. Tons of great talent to practice against. I really don't get why you all just don't want to go. What you're trying to accomplish with your session that day would be much better achieved at NEC. Even if you don't want in on any tournies.

I'm refusing to go to NEC because simply put, I am not good at this game. At all. Nowadays I don't mind losing casual/tourney matches at Jay's house because I know most of those guys now and they understand where I'm at with the game and try to help me (Kowtow, Bibulus, Serge, even KDZ was nice enough to give me some pointers).

But before people there actually knew me, I had to sit through my matches with Ramon and Kowtow at the October tournament getting heckled and laughed at the whole time because of the difference in me and my opponents skill. Wanna see how bad they were? Go to the video section and search my screename.

So with this in mind, there is no way I'm going to try and compete at NEC when I can't even place higher than 25th at Jaxel's tournaments. And as for casuals, I don't feel like dealing with all that nonsense of trying to get in on stations and besides, are they even gonna have many casuals going on at a big tournament like that when they're trying to get so many matches finished before 10pm?

So don't think of this as some renegade session or that we're trying to take people away from NEC - we're not that deluded and stupid to think that we can nor do we even want to. We're just throwing it out there for people who did not want to attend. That's all. I personally would much rather see everyone get up and go to the tournament.

I'm not trying to get sympathy from anyone here. I'm just totally honest with myself on where my skill level stands. I'm not a solid player, and my tournament results show it until I can prove otherwise. And that's why I'm preferring all day casuals for training purposes rather than getting destroyed at NEC and going home humiliated.

Back