Match of the Year 2010 Nominations!

I didnt know thugish was at fsak.... That was a great match. I think I still stay with Keev vs thugish but this was very good. Ramon is a savant at figuring out peoples moves.

Oh and 6:00 of the second video of Belial vs Rufus is godly. I've only seen Belial do shiz like that.

yeah after watching them again, i'm really torn between woahhzz/malek and belial/rufus as my favorite matchup all year. it is going to be hard to pick 6 finalists, much less a winner!

so many awesome matches....

edit: BIG update to opening post! keep the great suggestions coming!

Vote will never determine the best match, b/c most people who vote have no idea.
It would be better to have a jury or something like that to determine the winner. "Most popular" and "best" are not the same, depending on what goals you're trying to achieve by this thread you have to consider this.

belial, after the two weeks i will be asking top players which videos they think are the best. best could be for gameplay, grudges involved, commentary...really anything. then i will tally those videos and take the top six, which will be made into a youtube channel and a poll for EVERYONE to vote on.

the sole purpose of this thread is to determine which six matches the poll will consist of.

Lobo: that doesn't make sense.

To accomplish such a task you have to do the following things (in order)

1. Create your categories
2. Ask the administration which videos would fit into those categories
3. Post a thread with the nominees.

btw, it's obvious that system works, otherwise there wouldn't be a Grammy's, VMA's, Academy Awards, etc.

really?

LOL

come on, this isn't to determine the fate of the world. hahahaha. CW, there is only one category, and that is "best match of 2010".

we have one week left until the poll goes up for voting!

what we need is more recommendations for great and entertaining matches from the year.

Yes lobo. I'm not saying being all extravagant with the categories, but more than 1 would help the community get a wider variety of vids to watch. For example

Best comeback of the year
Biggest Bullshit of the year
Coolest custom colors of the year

come on...use your imagination since this is YOUR thread. I'm just giving a little gusto in it that's all.

We definitely need more people voting, and maybe some more nominations. Do you guys think NEC Malek vs DreamKiller or RTD vs DreamKiller should make the cut? They were very solid fights. And Malek vs DreamKiller we got to see Malek's "death face" lol.

Im on board with the categories...though referencing the VMAs doesnt support the case that it works (Twilight beat Dark Knight...</argument>).

Categories:
Closest Match
Best Comeback
Most 1 Sided
Luckiest
Best Troll

Lot of work i know but somethin to do.

all suggestions are welcome! remember, senzait, this isn't the vote. tomorrow a new poll will go up with a selection of 6 of the mentioned videos from this thread for people to vote on.

one more day to get your suggestions, guys!

I know this is horrible quality, but I really thought it was a very funny and well planned match. Im not sure which category it would go in or if it fits in this thread at all, just putting ideas out there. Don't hesitate to say "This shouldn't be considered" if that's your opinion.

Shen Yuan (X) vs Dina (Hilde):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Axh0beRDo&feature=player_embedded

The funny thing about that match is it wasn't executed as well as it could have. It was mainly cool because it's the first time we got to show international players what we'd been saying for months. Lol.

anything ever happen with this? belial v rufus was beautiful. can't believe what rufus did at the very end though, it's painful to watch, I wish he'd kept it simple. amazing game though

Back