Match of the Year 2010 Nominations!

lobo

Luminario
Well, the end of the year is here. There have been many awesome events around the world, and many phenomenal matches.

This thread is for nominations of the best of the best of these matches! For the next two weeks this thread will remain open for suggestions, links, and discussion. On the 20th of December, I will close this thread and start a poll with the top SIX contenders for Best SC4 Match of 2010!

I will update this post to include links to the forerunners for easier access, as they become available.

Nominations:

Woahhzz VS Malek Teams @ NEC LF
Shen-Yuan VS Dina @ Cannes (2K extravaganza!)
RTD vs Ramon @ NEC WF
Keev VS Thuggish_Pond @ Cannes
RTD VS Woahhzz @ FSAK
Belial VS Rufus MM
Ramon VS Thuggish_Pond @ FSAK

And because the trolling and commentary are just too good, we have:

Xephukai VS Teflon2105 @ FSAK

Ok guys lets see some great matches!

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO... A good match would be one where the two opponents fight on equal footing not where one is raping the other or both players playing smart and skillfully. None of those matches lobo are potential best matches of the year. Malek vs Woahhzz had the smart play but that match wasn't fought on equal footing. Yes it was nice for Woahhzz to CL 214B vs Malek's CL 214B and the WP 6B, FC 1B mix ups but that's all that was there in that match nothing more.

If we count the French tournaments then DTN (Yoshi) vs Kira (Cervy) best match of the year.

Cannot find the video though. Someone please upload.

This thread fails, fails some more, and the fails even harder. The entire opening post is all wrong and the videos presented make SC look bad.

Mikosu should takeover and do it like he did the last time. FSAK and NECXI are perfect to select from.

I think it is a matter of "most entertaining". That is completely subjective. Also, SU, I made this with the help of mikosu. Of course further nominations will be edited into the opening post. Nice try, though.

Any more nominations or CONSTRUCTIVE input is welcome.

Shinji, this includes all recorded matches of 2010 from the entire world. There are many DTN vs Kira videos. Do you know which one in particular to link? Also watch the woahhzz vs malek video again, I had accidentally linked the wrong one at first.

Nominating Malik vs Woahhzz. Normally I'm not a fan of mirror matches, but that was just too incredible to not give recognition to.

my apologies, guys, i had linked the wrong woahhzz vs malek video. the link in the opening post has now been fixed. if you saw the old one, watch again!

omg teflon matches...I dunno which is better Lobo or Xeph. Best trolling ever. Offline frame data...it wasn't a myth

Despite the expected results I'm actually impressed Tef went, I gotta give him credit for showin up.

Malek vs Woahhzz was sexy.

Yeah, Malek VS Whoazz was brutal.

I don't know the link, but I also want to suggest Dragon VS Serge. That match was full of Tira goodness.

I haven't watched the ones KingAce just posted but I feel like either were not looking hard enough or the 2009 best matches were better than this year.

lobo, stop being a bitch and delete and/or edit posts afterhand. :P

i vote for this one:
thugish vs keev, cannes

DAMN that was a good fight!. Keev is the most ridiculous nightmare i have ever seen, specially against probably the best amy in the world. He makes me wanna play nightmare. Wow ya my vote definitely goes for that one, if someone comes up with a better fight it might change though.

@ Lobo - Im talking about the most recent French session with Kira, Keev, Dina, Malek and that hot black chick everyone was talking about. Kira and DTN did an FT5 and DTN won.

OMG I nominate DTN vs Saitoh totally skill and smart play

shinji i will look for it. do you have a link for the DTN vs Saitoh match you are thinking of?

@ suphy, flask, SU, belial...

this thread is to compile good matches for review by all of us. on the 20th, a youtube channel will be set up with the matches most people seem to like, and a poll will be done just like last year. this way, we have some time to review and find great candidates. there are so many, that it is difficult to come up with six to base the poll on. unfortunately we cannot hold a poll with 20 options because of forum limitations

in an effort to keep this thread clean, i'm deleting posts that have no match links nor insight into any of the existing links.

if you don't like it, then by all means, don't participate.

Belial, can you please link the match between you and that russian taki...rufus i think?

those matches were excellent, i'd like to include them but can't seem to locate the set.

Back