Kilik for newbies

LOL damn Chris I didn't realize you were THAT old school, no WS B?

never doubt just how old school i can be. actually though i'm suprised i forgot to include that. guess i should have waited until i actually got a little more play time in after coming out of a 3 year hiatus before i wrote an FAQ

ok i'll throw out some new names then. lets see which stick for you

Kilik for Dummies
Kilik: the basics
Kilik: how not to be a total scrub
Kilik: More the just a guy with a stick
Kilik: stick it up you ass

ohh, i think we found a new game!

'Kilik: Stick to a Sword fight'
'Kilik: WS B for Fun and Profit'
'Kilik: Was that a Mid? ASURA'
'Kilik: Behind the Kali-Yuga'

then we could spin off and do...

Road Rules vs Kilik
So I Married a Stick Murderer
American Monument (with ryan seacrest)
Burning Soul Train

Kilik: 6A+B is not enough.
Kilik: Would you idiots block once in a while?!
Kilik for newcomers: How not to suck so much.
Kilik for newcomers: WareEaglesDare is going to CS you.... A LOT!

There's a couple of things I'd like to add for newbies...

if you step an attack and punish with 22_88 B, immediately hit A+K for a nice canned combo, or use 3kB~66K if you like.

After a successfully landed WS B, combo with 66B every time... this should be second nature.

These are absolute staples to any Kilik game, and I'm kinda confused as to why the OP missed em.

dude, 6AAA after 22B. always been his best damage juggle

22B -> close range: A+K -> oki
22B -> other range: ~ 3bK ~ 6B2
~ 3bK ~ 6 B+K -> oki
~ 3bK ~ 2 [B+K] ~ MO -> oki

thats my point of view cause the 6aaa combos is air-control-able and less damaging than these options

I've been having problems getting ws B, 66B to work online. For some reason I never get the AT throw animation off the 66B. I'm able to do it in training fine, but when I do the same input online I get nothing. Should I slow down or speed up?

In a Kilik for n00bs thread, no one mentions Asura? I'm no Kilik master, but this seems pretty important.

Asura isnt a tool for Kilik nubs. the move is HORRIBLY unsafe on every part. just throwing it out against people that expect and punish it will lose you a match quicker than trying to RO yourself.

Its great to use in place of a jump or a GI, but just like a jump or GI, you have to use it when you KNOW (as in, are really really sure) its going to either evade that low/GI that mid/jump through that throw.

Fair enough. Like I said, I'm just getting started playing as Kilik. After a little experimentation last night, it seems you really can't just throw this move out. I have to say, after all of the hype I've heard about Asura, I was expecting it to be a little...better.

thats because half of the people that play this game mindlessly throw out their attacks and when something suddenly shuts them down they get all butt hurt about it.

Back