Kilik for newbies

NeoOutlaw

[09] Warrior
Since we already have threads for move sets, frame data, and all that good stuff I figured it would be a good idea to post some basic stuff for new players to Kilik as well.

Kilik's main advantage is his versatility, he has a tool for almost any situation. To take advantage of that fully though you really need to have a good understanding of his move set. I like to put it into two catagories, that being his long range and close range moves.

Long range game:

The first step to playing an effective long range game is to know the range of your moves. When playing against a close range character Kilik can afford to whiff a move every know and then so that is a good time to get a feel for his reach, just don't overdo it too much or you are bound to get punished. Long range will not be incredibly damaging but it will keep the opponent at bay, chip away at their health, and force them to come inside and attack potentially opening up an opportunity to counter attack. Here is a few bread and butter spacing moves.

11A: Back to it's former glory in SC4, this move has great range. It is a sweeping low horizontal that will all but kill step. Not the fastest move in the game though so using it at max range is a must.

2A+K: Similar to 11A, this is also a sweeping low. It is a bit slower then the previous move but the tech crouch comes out quickly, does better damage, and can ring out rather easily.

FC 1B: Looks very deceptive. Not very damaging or impressive looking but it has served me well in the past. Can follow up with FC 3B or 4B afterwards since opponents tend to rush in after getting hit by it

4A: It steps, has good range, knocks the opponent down.

And onto the close range moves.

1K: I call this the panic button because it will most likely bail you out of any situation. Fast, tech jumps, and it's mid. Works wonders as a defensive move.

A+k: once again another tech jump, this one has decent damage. Also a good start up move in that you have plenty of options to follow up with for extra damage

1_3 A+B: The ankle throws, these come out pretty quick and have good damage. 1A+B is also a back ring out

2A: Tech crouching step killer, follow up with WR B for free damage

1A: Faster, shorter range version of 2A

Normal throws: yeah, sounds simple but throws are really powerful in this game so take advantage of it.

1B: Steps back and to the side and comes back with a quick mid

that about does it for what i can rattle of the top of my head for now. everyone else feel free to add to it

3kB is also an important move.

Kilik is a spacing character that is better at long range. 3kB has good knock back and can often lead to having you opponent run back into an attack or back off and start try a new offensive.

6B is always a bit part of Kilik's game. The move is not as good as usual, but it is still usable and at least a big part of my Kilik game.

3kB is also an important move.

Kilik is a spacing character that is better at long range. 3kB has good knock back and can often lead to having you opponent run back into an attack or back off and start try a new offensive.

6B is always a bit part of Kilik's game. The move is not as good as usual, but it is still usable and at least a big part of my Kilik game.
3kB isnt something that should be thrown out every so often. Although since a blocked BP B gives a free 3kB right after, its increased in value.

a thread about kilik moves and no mention of WS B? im shocked, nay, APPALLED.

srsly though.

2K - do this enough and people will want to block low, a lot.

WS B - MIXUP :)

WS B is the best (only) move in the game.

You're right, I honestly thought it almost went without being said, but you are right.

66B is also an extremely important move that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Guess this is a newb-like question but hey if ya don't ask.

2A into WS B what's do you consider to be the effective follow ups. I'm sure there's some cannon on this but I'm a bit clueless.

you could also follow with 22_88KB which is slightly more damage than 66B, but it will only catch if the opponent techs. 66B is the safer bet, but 22KB will make you look like a hero if it wins you a match

you can always go with 4A+B if you want to get greedy, not quite as damaging as it used to be especially since you can't juggle after it anymore but still deals a hefty amount of damage. not the safest bet but it will put the hurt on them

4A+B does not combo off of WS B. you can tech trap with it, but its REALLY picky about the timing and very inconsistant

Speaking of 22KB.

Its your best option/most consistent off a wallsplat! :)

There's 3BB.. for a little bit more damage, but that shit's been boycotted since the first hit stopped launching D:

Thanks for the previous answers--another newb question.

I didn't realize until recently that when you're in a 6G, 3G etc. you can buffer (dunno if buffer is exactly the right term) into any of the MO, BP moves. Anway, the potential for using the stance moves when in a non-neutral guard seems like it can be integral to Kilik's game. Whipping out a crushing BP B or a useful MO B poke from a non-neutral guard definitely adds a lot of color to his game. Do you guys use the stance moves a lot this way--any tips?

please read before you post. 22KB is a tech trap after WS B that does more damage than 66B. It's also a good option after wall splat. For the record, 22KB isn't half bad. 22K knocks down on CH and it 'pulls back' after the k if you don't go into the b. This means that WS B pulls back even farther. Out of rang of most 2A's and even BB's.

After wall splat I like 3BB 6A+B. High damage but inconsistant. Best after 6K for splat

Thanks for the previous answers--another newb question.

I didn't realize until recently that when you're in a 6G, 3G etc. you can buffer (dunno if buffer is exactly the right term) into any of the MO, BP moves. Anway, the potential for using the stance moves when in a non-neutral guard seems like it can be integral to Kilik's game. Whipping out a crushing BP B or a useful MO B poke from a non-neutral guard definitely adds a lot of color to his game. Do you guys use the stance moves a lot this way--any tips?

I use BP stance while guarding a bit. One good exp. is VS Mitsurugi's 66BB ^^. After the first hit go into BP stance and you will catch him everytime. Once you stop the second B in 66BB BP B is Guaranteed I think (unsure if you can JF GI back.) I'm unsure if the active frames for BP has been lower after the patch but if so you will have to wait to see the second B which is not hard to do. I have to warn you NOT TO SPAM IT!

please read before you post. 22KB is a tech trap after WS B that does more damage than 66B. It's also a good option after wall splat. For the record, 22KB isn't half bad. 22K knocks down on CH and it 'pulls back' after the k if you don't go into the b. This means that WS B pulls back even farther. Out of rang of most 2A's and even BB's.

After wall splat I like 3BB 6A+B. High damage but inconsistant. Best after 6K for splat

QFT. Sad thing is whenever I go for it during tournament play it fails =(.

Back