[Houston, Tx] Home of the Calibur House!

wow devil Jim lol thats pretty bold. lets get some friendly matches goin :D I got nothing to prove, so if i was to woop ya then what does that make you losing to a pasadena/houston scrub? ;)

Well the problem is communication...it seems a network is trying to be reformed...but it's kinda unclear.
So we need to get ourselves organized and start hosting some get togethers.

I agree with King ace, Im just looking for a wide range of players to compete against and see how I measure up, So lets get this party started!

KingAce, Me and you need to game sometime and get to talking. I need your experience to rub off on me... Please for some hope to Chris Gold lol... But Houston / Pasadena RECLAIM YOURSELF!!! And Show your skills...

Dallas dont need to be showing yall up!! Lol!

This is how you get a gathering started, which I've yet to see you houston guys do. But i see you asking all the time.

Step 1: One of you get a free evening during the weekend, fri/sat/sun. And clean a room in your apartment/house for people to be in.

Step 2: Post on the forums that your hosting games at your place on such day, try to post a week ahead of time so people can clear there schedules.

Step 3: Let people PM you for your address and contact information, so that they can get there. And ask if they can bring their setups if they can(depending on how many people you expect to come)

Step 4: ??????

Step 5: Profit.

This is how you get a gathering started, which I've yet to see you houston guys do. But i see you asking all the time.

Step 1: One of you get a free evening during the weekend, fri/sat/sun. And clean a room in your apartment/house for people to be in.

Step 2: Post on the forums that your hosting games at your place on such day, try to post a week ahead of time so people can clear there schedules.

Step 3: Let people PM you for your address and contact information, so that they can get there. And ask if they can bring their setups if they can(depending on how many people you expect to come)

Step 4: ??????

Step 5: Profit.

Step 1. Actually is to get a forum started. So that we can talk to new people. Check![X]
Step 2. I have already told my peeps that I will be home for a good while, so my place is available. Check!X]
Step 3. I have 3 set up's already. All you have to bring is a console and game. Check![X]
Step 4. I have pmed some peeps. Just waiting for a reply. Excluding(king ace). Check![X]
Step 5. DevilJim is one trash talkin mofo. Check![X]
Step 6. GAMES AT MY PLACE THIS WEEKEND. ALL ARE WELCOME. HOLA! CHECK![X]
Step 7. Profit?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DevilJim biggest scrub of them all, we never had skills in this area? we hiding waiting for nubs like you to get there pee pee wet thinking there good just to swat away like the flys you are. We will be ready for the Dallas area to thats not a problem havent seen nothing impressive n that city either. So go ahead jim start training up cause the way skills at trash day was whack homie.... Pasadena/Houston

DevilJim biggest scrub of them all, we never had skills in this area? we hiding waiting for nubs like you to get there pee pee wet thinking there good just to swat away like the flys you are. We will be ready for the Dallas area to thats not a problem havent seen nothing impressive n that city either. So go ahead jim start training up cause the way skills at trash day was whack homie.... Pasadena/Houston
Get mad at Jim all you want, but he has a point. Houston has never been known to be good at Soul Calibur. During SC2/3, nobody from Houston ever won a major. Bello/Mr Cocks/Zor are the ONLY known Houston players, and Bello was the most solid. The way you played at Trashday, you have a LONG way to go to say things like "everybody watch out in TX". TX is one of the most solid states in the nation.

I'll make it easier for you. The following people are better than you:

Dallas:

FunkPanda
Cepzou
IceColdEdge
Jaeger
JOP
Eddy Pistons
Link
AlphaMale
Chris Evers

San Antonio:

Me
Agustin
ChickenWing
SA Rob
Blaze

Austin:

DevilJim
CNP

KingAce (I have no idea where he's from)

Trust me, this post isn't to encourage you to quit playing or posting or anything like that. We're all down for the shit talking and everything, but you should get to know people first. Socialize. At trashday, you just kept to yourself the entire time. Staying quiet and talking shit on the forums might rub people the wrong way. B-Boy Tekken went out of his way after the tournament to sit down w/me, play a lot of matches, and ask questions. That's how you get better: Play people better than you.

I went to dallas and played Eddy Pistons, IceColdEdge, JOP, and Jaeger, and they ran a train on me like I didn't know how to play this game. And I know them for 5 years. You learn by talking with people and playing. DevilJim has always clowned on houston, if you want to shut him up, play him in a tournament and beat him. Until then, we have never heard of you guys besides the last tournament with 12 people and half of them were san antonio and deviljim. At this point, the only way you are going to take over TX is if the following people just stop playing. Until then.......you have a lot to learn dude.

Damn. You gotta go all the way down to Pasadena to get some games??? Shit done changed since S.C.2.

Give us a pm when you can come through.

Dallas:

FunkPanda
Cepzou
IceColdEdge
Jaeger
JOP
Eddy Pistons
Link
AlphaMale
Chris Evers

San Antonio:

Me
Agustin
ChickenWing
SA Rob
Blaze

Austin:

DevilJim
CNP

KingAce (I have no idea where he's from)

You can't come out and say such a BOLD statement after you finished with, "Socialize" and "What I saw at the Tournament". This was, well not mine, but for my boy, his first time out to an event. He hasn't even competed like this other than stupid mall tourney's back in the 90's. haha. He didn't know anybody there so for him to even go was a big step. So being under pressure not knowing anybody/competing for money can and did for me aswell get on you. Not knowing who we are cause you haven't seen us just shows what kind of SC scene we have. Look at the Houston Thread. DEAD! So this is our turn to shout and let our voices be heard. You can't judge us for what you saw at Trashday. Especially from me. I get really intimidated and I CHOKE. Even in the friendly match's we had, why, cause I didn't want to be judged by the way I was playing. But for my boy who tied for 7th out of 11, 11 cause I just choked) made it halfway up the tourney. That should have proved something to him and to some of yall. I had to sit by him and kind of coach him cause i knew how nervous we were.

Nori-
You a cool ass dude. I appreciate you taking the time and sitting with me and showing me some stuff in our lil casual match's but I was mad nervous cause that's just the way I am. I know I play way better than what I showed you. I thank you again for the help. I even asked some other dudes for some casuals and they said no. I mean, how am I suppossed to get better. Thanks again.

As for DevilJim-
I see it like this. DevilJim is Crow in SC world. He picked up the brokest character in the game. Amy is the Steve Fox of Soul Cal. But just like Crow and all of the Tekken community learned, there is alway's a way to be beaten. Hence Ganny beating Fox at some tourney. So there is a way to beat him/her. It's just that Jim get's in your head. Intimidation. So I don't know why everybody hates on this dude. That's why I welcome him anytime for some games.

As for the rest-
Like Nori said. We ain't goin to stop posting. We ain't scared of anybody. We welcome all challengers. I know that we are stronger and will put Pasadena on the map and a name to be recon with. Not for Houston. PASADENA! We have to start somewhere and this is where we Start. Remember that!

PASADENA-AIN'T NOTTIN BUT A GANGSTA PARTAE! UUUHHHH!!!!!!!!!

no.....

i don't play this game much, and i'd run a train on you....

So...please don't talk big unless you beat us....

Panda: i MAYBE...and that's a big MAYBE coming to the Dallas Regionals.... I've already confirmed TiT...took that time of and everything....

So we'll finish this Epic fight, since we're 1-1 @ tournaments :)
Same goes for you CNP....1-1, and we'll finish that one too good sir!

Well put Bboy Tekken, I mean i find all this humorous, with Bezboy fire'ing back at Devil Jim. This thread i took it as a friendly call out to all players. I don't mind a little drama behind it, just makes it all the more interesting. So you got Devil Jim pretty much bashing ALL the Houston surrounding area which is a cut at me also cause im from here, I don't mind its cool, i know i can back it up so that's why i just go with the flow. Nori you make yourself look no better with that trash post making that list of people that could beat bezboy. Obviously you think bezboy has an ego right? Yet you stoop as low making a meaningless list when I could probably wipe the floor with half them guys including you. Of course I don't expect you to believe me cause i havent had the chance to show any action but will soon enough! :D To me, i wont say anyone's better then me unless i play them and lose first hand, only then i can say your legit.

Well put Bboy Tekken, I mean i find all this humorous, with Bezboy fire'ing back at Devil Jim. This thread i took it as a friendly call out to all players. I don't mind a little drama behind it, just makes it all the more interesting. So you got Devil Jim pretty much bashing ALL the Houston surrounding area which is a cut at me also cause im from here, I don't mind its cool, i know i can back it up so that's why i just go with the flow. Nori you make yourself look no better with that trash post making that list of people that could beat bezboy. Obviously you think bezboy has an ego right? Yet you stoop as low making a meaningless list when I could probably wipe the floor with half them guys including you. Of course I don't expect you to believe me cause i havent had the chance to show any action but will soon enough! :D To me, i wont say anyone's better then me unless i play them and lose first hand, only then i can say your legit.
My friend, you have it backwards. YOU are legit when YOU can beat any of the above people. Those are people who have proved themselves in one way shape or form. Funkpanda is a new player, and you never see him making any silly statements like you are all making. It's great to stick up for your friends and all, but seriously, you wouldn't beat any of the guys I mentioned. You're just like bezboy, talking a strong game, no action. It's hilarious you think coming out of nowhere, you will beat good people. You are only as good as your competition. If you all keep this up, you won't put Pasadena on the map for good reasons, you'll be known as nothing but shit talkers who can't back up what they say.

I have nothing against starting out and talking shit to the world. I did that 6 years ago. And a bad reputation followed me for a long time. Just trying to give some advice. I'm not insulting anybody personally, I'm sure you are all cool guys outside the game. However, not a single one of you is being humble. You have not beaten ANYBODY good at this game.

And no, it really wasn't a friendly call out to players saying things like "you all should retire right now" and "we are going to run tx". Saying things like "looking forward to playing you all" and introducing yourself is fine, but you can't blame us for being aggressive when you all are doing the same thing. We all love competition. All I'm saying is, prove it first. The people I mentioned are top/way above average players. They have all gone to tournaments across the nation (link/dj and I think some others have travelled as far as japan) to compete. Sorry, but the Pasadena mall doesn't exactly scream great competition to anybody.

The only reason I said I was better than bezboy was because I saw him play. Selection of moves, reaction time, adaptation, combos, setups were all poor. I played him and beat him, easily. Now, I'm not saying I won't ever lose to him. Maybe I will. But you're not going to enter a strong scene and start beating good people on hopes and dreams. Same w/bboytekken. BBoy was a cool guy. Bezboy was kind of quiet, but I'm sure he's a cool dude also, again. I haven't met too many jerks in this game, honestly. He's pretty solid, but has a long way to go. If you want to put yourselves on the map, place top 4 at the dallas regionals. We usually judge talent based on tournaments, nothing else. Until then, talking about it is kind of pointless.

In all honesty, I'm just trying to spare you guys what I went through. Feel free to ask Icecoldedge/eddy pistons/sa rob/deviljim/bello/jaeger/zor/agustin of my attitude when I started this game. I was not good and talking about how I was going to do this and that every tournament and of course, got my ass whooped. Hopefully you take my advice and are willing to learn instead of trying to pretend you are better than what you are

BBoytekken: My man, Amy is not the steve of T5. Hilde is. Amy is solid, and might/might not be top tier. Trust me, she's not as bad as she looks.

My friend, you have it backwards. YOU are legit when YOU can beat any of the above people. Those are people who have proved themselves in one way shape or form. Funkpanda is a new player, and you never see him making any silly statements like you are all making. It's great to stick up for your friends and all, but seriously, you wouldn't beat any of the guys I mentioned. You're just like bezboy, talking a strong game, no action. It's hilarious you think coming out of nowhere, you will beat good people. You are only as good as your competition. If you all keep this up, you won't put Pasadena on the map for good reasons, you'll be known as nothing but shit talkers who can't back up what they say.

I have nothing against starting out and talking shit to the world. I did that 6 years ago. And a bad reputation followed me for a long time. Just trying to give some advice. I'm not insulting anybody personally, I'm sure you are all cool guys outside the game. However, not a single one of you is being humble. You have not beaten ANYBODY good at this game.

And no, it really wasn't a friendly call out to players saying things like "you all should retire right now" and "we are going to run tx". Saying things like "looking forward to playing you all" and introducing yourself is fine, but you can't blame us for being aggressive when you all are doing the same thing. We all love competition. All I'm saying is, prove it first. The people I mentioned are top/way above average players. They have all gone to tournaments across the nation (link/dj and I think some others have travelled as far as japan) to compete. Sorry, but the Pasadena mall doesn't exactly scream great competition to anybody.

The only reason I said I was better than bezboy was because I saw him play. Selection of moves, reaction time, adaptation, combos, setups were all poor. I played him and beat him, easily. Now, I'm not saying I won't ever lose to him. Maybe I will. But you're not going to enter a strong scene and start beating good people on hopes and dreams. Same w/bboytekken. BBoy was a cool guy. Bezboy was kind of quiet, but I'm sure he's a cool dude also, again. I haven't met too many jerks in this game, honestly. He's pretty solid, but has a long way to go. If you want to put yourselves on the map, place top 4 at the dallas regionals. We usually judge talent based on tournaments, nothing else. Until then, talking about it is kind of pointless.

In all honesty, I'm just trying to spare you guys what I went through. Feel free to ask Icecoldedge/eddy pistons/sa rob/deviljim/bello/jaeger/zor/agustin of my attitude when I started this game. I was not good and talking about how I was going to do this and that every tournament and of course, got my ass whooped. Hopefully you take my advice and are willing to learn instead of trying to pretend you are better than what you are

BBoytekken: My man, Amy is not the steve of T5. Hilde is. Amy is solid, and might/might not be top tier. Trust me, she's not as bad as she looks.

Yeah! What he said!

See everyone in Dallas :)

Nahh man sorry, I dont believe in judging people the way you do and claiming to be superior cause you played some tournys. If you consider this talking shit then you buddy have a low self esteem issue or sensitivity problem lol, Im out to play for fun comp. I didnt say anything about anyone proving anything to me. I said Id play and IF i lost then yeah no shame in that, and were do you get judging me saying Id lose like Bezboy? Dude you dont know shit about me and thats what would make you look bad say you lost to me. I never said you or any of the guys in your pointless list sucked, I said PROBABLY I would mop the floor with them and yet they PROBABLY would beat me. You really underestimate Bezboy and Bboy Tekken, I know for a fact that the jitters got the best of em and thats kool it happens, But you trying to post like your somekind of fortune teller then sound like your not bumping your gums aswell is garbage. Your not sparring me shit cause Im not putting people down on thier skills like you are man. So how bout we just see what we got and play eachother sometime. Id love to go to the Dallas regional but i got shit going on, we do plan on making out to the San Antonio event and I do hear the guys from there are good and thats what im looking for.

Ok
Hilde's Doom Combo = T5 Steve's infinite and that's the only way they can be compared.
T5 fixed this. I see SC fixing this for Hilde.
Amy's speed = Tekken steve-PERIOD

Hilde would be more like Bryan. Combo to Death.
Bryan combo's all the way to the wall with major damage/enough kill you
Hilde's doom combo takes you all the way to wall's if not, then to RO.

Amy-Steve
Hilde-Bryan

Back