Eyce's CaS Recreations (and more)

Eyce_Theon

[09] Warrior
Hello everyone. I've made this thread to share some of what I've been doing thus far this summer. Back at college I have a good gathering of friends that play SC, but here at home I have nobody to game with. So, I've spent my time in CaS and Tower of Souls (Descending), seeing how far I can take character builds, creativity in character recreation, and switch combos.

I have quite a few things to share for my first post. Here's what you'll see -

3 CaS builds (an Attack focus, Life/Defense focus, and CF build)
7 Character costume recreations from past Soul games
4 Recreations of other known characters
1 unique CaS that I got randomly one day
and "Wizardman".

(If you want the formulas for any of these, just ask.)
========================================================

The first build I'm posting is attack based, and came about when I was just messing around one day. The second is from when I was trying to find the maximum total% I could achieve on one character. The last came from experimenting with Vader's CF potential. Here they are, with links to their pictures -

CaS Zasalamel, Irkalla
-175% Attack
-101% Defense
-110% HP
Venom Fang A
HP Drain B
Auto Unblockable Attack B

Yoshimitsu, Soul Calibur
-138% Attack
-150% Defense
-200% HP
Invisible
Auto Grapple Break B
Soul Gauge Recovery B
Nullify Counter B

Darth Vader, Lightsaber (Joke Weapon)
-86% Attack
-105% Defense
-190% HP
Soul Gauge Vamp
Soul Gauge Damage A
Soul Gauge Recovery A
Double-Edged Sword

------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I particularly enjoyed recreating these costumes for the SC4 cast. Here are links to the original costumes I based them off of first:

Hwang, SC1, 2nd Costume
Astaroth, SC1, 2nd Costume
Astaroth, SC2, 2nd Costume
Nightmare, SC1, 1st Costume
Nightmare, SC1, 2nd Costume
Nightmare, SC2, 1st Costume
Voldo, SE, 2nd? Costume
Voldo, SC1, 3rd Costume
(I couldn't find any pictures of Voldo's 3rd SC1 costume ANYWHERE, so I took it myself.)

Hwang, SC1, 2nd Costume Recreation (because he didn't deserve to be cut out </3)
19Hwang.jpg

Astaroth, SC1, 2nd Costume Recreation
AstarothSC1-2P.jpg

Astaroth, SC2, 2nd Costume Recreation
AstarothSC2-2P.jpg

Nightmare, SC1 Costume Recreation (Yeah, I didn't do each. The arm is from 2P, the rest is 1P.)
NightmareSC1.jpg

Nightmare, SC2, 1st Costume Recreation
NightmareSC2-1P.jpg

Voldo, SE, 2nd? Costume Recreation
VoldoSE-2P1.jpg

VoldoSE-2P2.jpg

Voldo, SC1, 3rd Costume Recreation (my favorite, I kept them a tad larger for detail)
VoldoSC1-3P1.jpg

VoldoSC1-3P2.jpg

Before I post these next few, let me note that I have a CaS character made for all 25 styles you can use on a custom character. A majority of them I made by looking at Ugo's Top 50 Soul Calibur 4 Create-a-Characters. These next ones though I've made myself, without seeing a CaS rendition by anyone else (except Zelda, but I think mine's better.)

Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
12Scorpion1.jpg

13Scorpion2.jpg

Dan (Street Fighter)
14Dan1.jpg

15Dan2.jpg

Dr. Manhattan (Watchman)
16DrManhattan.jpg

Zelda (...Zelda)
17Zelda.jpg

Ok, down to the last two. The first, Vane, is just a random I got one day and I thought "hey, that's awesome." So I kept him.
11Vane.jpg

And finally, a crowd favorite back at my college, say hello to...

Wizardman.

18Wizardman.jpg

And that's all. I'll be bored all summer, so I'll take challenges to create specific characters or builds upon request if anyone wants. And again, if anyone wants the formula for any of the characters above, just ask.

Oh, and I took all these pictures with my cell. I didn't feel like busting out the capture card.

Feel free. If you want the actual formula instead of a badly-lighted picture, I can post it.

Yoshimitsu, Soul Calibur
-138% Attack
-150% Defense
-200% HP
Invisible
Auto Grapple Break B
Soul Gauge Recovery B
Nullify Counter B

you should post what you used because this is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Best Yoshi i have ever seen

edit: o also i looks like you guys are in some viewing mode is that something completely obvious and i'm missing it or is it hard to do/find.

That Yoshimitsu's one of my favorite creations, because he's got excellent stats but looks good as well. He's so easy to customize because of how limited his options are, while his Arm and Soul Calibur hold amazing stats.

Here's what's on him:
Yoshimitsu, Soul Calibur
-138% Attack
-150% Defense
-200% HP
Invisible
Auto Grapple Break B
Soul Gauge Recovery B
Nullify Counter B
---------------
Asura Helm
Prayer Beads
Warthog Pauldrons
Warthog Gauntlets
Guimian Yecha
Warthog Boots
Mechanical Hands Yang

I also have another formula to post, a mother-themed Sophitia. Normally I really hate using the Cat items and the Wings - they're fine as jokes imo, but Namco gave them rediculous ability boosts. This'll be the only build of mine that you'll ever see these parts in, just because this is an ability-based build.

Sophitia, Love
-96% Attack
-94% Defense
-104% HP
Auto Impact A
Soul Gauge Boost A
Auto Grapple Break A
Nullify Ring Out A
---------------
Cat Ears
Feathered Wings
Tiger Lily Pauldrons
Sarashi
Frilled Apron
Goddess Gauntlets
Night Butterfly Socks
Goddess Greaves

And to answer your other question, from any menu in CaS just hit Triangle/Y to enter a sort of demonstration mode. Left/Right or LB/RB(L1/R1) will cycle between the 4 standard poses for the character's gender, the standard pose for the weapon used, and two animations involving the weapon.

I'm working with a fuzzy monitor this time, instead of an HD TV, but the pics won't look too bad. I've decided to post all 25 of my "Other" recreations, the 25 CaS's that I mentioned in my first post that represent characters from outside the SC universe (The one exception Hwang using Yun-Seung's slot, the other 24 aren't SC related). Also, I only made Kratos due to one of my best friends requesting it repeatedly. Now that I know he'll be in Broken Destiny (ugh) I plan on replacing him with a different character.

But three small things first. Since Ivy's SC2, 2nd Costume was so close in design to her SC1, 2nd Costume, I just altered that recreation a bit to make it;

IvySC22ndCostume.jpg

Next is my Rock with a Deer head. I dunno, I just like using it. The little skull on his belt is tinted pink, too.

RockDeer.jpg

Third is another Rock that started out as a joke, but somehow ended up with good stats. Here's Pumpkin Head -

RockStatsCustom.jpg

Ok, on to the rest. The names are all readable/the characters should be recognizeable, so just check out the pictures. (Many of these were inspired by the "Ugo's Top 50" link in my first post, look in there for some laughs too. They have Tyra Banks.)

01LittleRedPapaSmurf.jpg

02RonaldHamburglar.jpg

03RobinHarleyQuinn.jpg

04OzymandiasDoc.jpg

05IronManDrDoom.jpg

06CammyDan.jpg

07RaidenScorpion.jpg

08ZeldaTingle.jpg

09WhiteMageBlackMage.jpg

10KainTravis.jpg

11SnakeKratos.jpg

12JesusSkeletor.jpg

If you noticed, all these characters are in "Destined Battle"-like pairs. I wanted to do that for all of them, but I couldn't think of any matching characters to use for the final six styles. If anyone has ideas for me to make three last pairs, let me know please.

Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing your inventions.

Do you mind giving out the formulas for Sophie, Sieg, Voldo and NM (SC1 1P, SC2 1P)?
Man... I feel like a bum stealing other people's stuff... -_______-U It's not my fault they look so cool!

Thanks...

Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing your inventions.

Do you mind giving out the formulas for Sophie, Sieg, Voldo and NM (SC1 1P, SC2 1P)?
Man... I feel like a bum stealing other people's stuff... -_______-U It's not my fault they look so cool!

Thanks...

Which Voldo do you mean? I've posted 4 of them, lol.

But here's the others you asked for. I don't really like SC1 Seig's/NM's because they can never be very true to the originals with SC4's CaS system, but they still look alright. Sophitia's my favorite, probably.

Sophitia, SC1, 3rd Costume (I just realized, the picture above for this costume is outdated. I changed the shoulder pieces to Pauldrons, this formula has it correct.)

*Omega Sword & Elk Shield (1P)
Scarf 9:57,11
Pauldrons 3:42,25/6:01,22
Chain Mail 0:40,32/6:05,22
Goddess' Blessing 9:57,11/0:01,01/0:01,18
Tiger Lily Gauntlets 2:40,30/1:40,30/6:05,22
Warrior Trousers 1:40,32/0:01,01/0:01,01/8:57,11
Bandages 0:01,01
Traveler's Boots 6:05,22/0:01,18
(Ponytail) 8:05,14/9:57,09
Seigfried SC1, 3rd Costume

*Requiem
Executioner's Gorget 3:07,20/4:10,12
Viking Shoulders 0:01,32/6:10,13/5:09,24
Chain Mail 0:10,26/2:07,32
Usurper's Breastplate 3:07,24/0:01,32
Iron Gauntlets 4:08,24/4:06,31
Usurper's Fauld 3:07,26/4:08,23/0:49,06/0:01,19
Bandages 0:10,30
Lord's Greaves 5:08,14
(Short Untidy) 7:06,16
Nightmare SC1, 1st Costume (with 2P Arm)

*Claymore
Nightmare Helm Torment 0:37,21/0:45,04
Usurper's Spaulders 0:36,19/0:36,21
Leviathan Curiass 0:36,22
Iron Gauntlets 0:36,21/0:36,19
Usurper's Fauld 0:36,21/0:36,21/0:36,17/0:36,21
Lord's Greaves 0:36,21
Nightmare Arms Despair 1:14,21/1:13,19/1:22,28
(Skin Color) 1:14,21/1:13,19
Nightmare SC2, 1st Costume

*Giant Buster
Nightmare Helm Misery 2:43,22/7:09,10/9:02,18
Dueler's Necklace 7:09,10/0:01,32
Usurper's Spaulders 2:43,24/2:43,20
Usurper's Breastplate 2:43,22/7:09,10
Paladin Gloves 2:43,22/2:43,22/2:43,22/2:43,22
Usurper's Fauld 2:43,22/2:43,22/2:43,22/2:43,22
Paladin's Greaves 2:43,22/2:43,22/2:43,22/2:43,22
Nightmare Arms Misery 3:06,20
(Skin Color) 3:06,20/5:09,30

Also, no reason to feel like a bum about using my CaS designs. I enjoy sharing my work, as I'm sure the other contributors in this forum do. Hope you like them.
Meh, now that I've posted them it's bugging me more that I don't have all 25 of those CaS in pairs (minus Hwang). I changed Dr. Doom to NM's style, made Death to pair with Jesus (since it's so easy to do) and take Zas's style, and deleted Skeletor. Kain/Hilde, Travis Touchdown/Mitsu, Snake/Taki, and Kratos/Cervy are left to either be deleted, or create a pair for. I'm out of ideas really, if anyone else has a clever thought let me know.

Yeah, my bad. Sorry.
I meant SC1 Voldo 2nd and 3rd costume.

And thanks for posting the other ones! Much appreciated!

Thanks for the compliments guys. Here's the two Voldos -

Voldo SC1, 2nd Costume (if only I could have replicated his chest tattoo)

*Manas & Ayus (2P)
Clown Mask 3:04,26/4:10,23/5:07,25/0:01,30
Guardian's Neck Cloth 3:04,26
Usurper's Spaulders 3:04,30/0:04,26
Executioner's Fauld 3:04,26
Venatic Gloves 3:04,26
Dueler's Boots 3:04,26/4:04,32/5:03,32
(Facial Hair Color/his standard face belts) 3:04,26
Voldo SC1, 3rd Costume

*Jamadhar
Imprisoned Face 0:01,01/9:42,24/0:13,01
Warlord's Pauldrons 0:01,01/7:30,05/0:01,01
Usurper's Suit 0:01,01/9:30,05
Usurper's Breastplate 0:01,01/9:40,19
Ryuku Gauntlets 0:01,01/7:30,08
Warloard's Belt 0:01,01/0:01,01
Shinobi Greaves 0:01,01/0:30,32/0:01,01
(Facial Hair Color/his standard face belts) 0:01,01

Also an optional note - Afros show no signs of being worn under Voldo's head-belts. Lay one down as a surprise tactic if you feel like it.

Kilik, SC2, 1st Costume
Yoshimitsu, SC1, 1st Costume
Yoshimitsu, SC1, 2nd Costume
Sophitia, SC2, 1st Costume
Sophitia, SE, 2nd Costume
Sophitia!!, SE (a seperate character, but really just Sophitia in a bathing suit)

Kilik, SC2, 1st Costume Recreation
KilikSC21stCostume.jpg

Yoshimitsu, SC1, 1st Costume Recreation
YoshimitsuSC11stCostume.jpg

Yoshimitsu, SC1, 2nd Costume Recreation
YoshimitsuSC12ndCostume.jpg

Sophitia, SC2, 1st Costume Recreation (I chose not to go with shoulderpads, personal preference.)
SophitiaSC21stCostume.jpg

Sophitia, SE, 2nd Costume Recreation
SophitiaSE2ndCostume.jpg

Sophitia!!, SE Recreation (lol, too easy)
SophitiaSE.jpg

Credit to Malice's SC2 Sophitia for mine being made at all. The above Yoshimitsus (Yoshimitsii maybe?) are my favorite creations from this post, since it was difficult to make them work while being forced to use his Asura armor/not being able to use socks.

I have five more recreations to post today, though I feel some aren't as accurate as the first group I posted.

Sophitia/Seigfreid, SC1, 3rd Costume
Ivy, SC1, 2nd Costume
Voldo, SC1, 2nd Costume
Voldo, SC2, 2nd? Costume

Sophitia, SC1, 3rd Costume Recreation
SophitiaSC1-3P.jpg

Seigfried, SC1, 3rd Costume Recreation
SeigfriedSC1-3P.jpg

Ivy, SC1, 2nd Costume Recreation
IvySC1-2P.jpg

Voldo, SC1, 2nd Costume Recreation
VoldoSC1-2P.jpg

Voldo, SC2, 2nd? Costume Recreation
VoldoSC2-2P.jpg

not wanting to burst ur bubble, but if i remember correctly, voldo's sc2 3de costume is in sc4 as a 3de costume :s

not wanting to burst ur bubble, but if i remember correctly, voldo's sc2 3de costume is in sc4 as a 3de costume :s

Uh, SC4 doesn't have 3rd costumes for characters. The PARTS for that Voldo costume are available in CaS, but it's not an unlockable or anything. In fact it's the only full-costume from a previous SC game that they included all the parts for, the suit and the mask (from DLC).

And please refrain from quoting a postful of pictures when you're only referencing one of them, you could have just included the one relevant picture.

Uh, SC4 doesn't have 3rd costumes for characters. The PARTS for that Voldo costume are available in CaS, but it's not an unlockable or anything. In fact it's the only full-costume from a previous SC game that they included all the parts for, the suit and the mask (from DLC).

And please refrain from quoting a postful of pictures when you're only referencing one of them, you could have just included the one relevant picture.

yeah, my bad. ^^

Back