[Edmonton, Alberta, Canada] - Super Special Awesome SCIV Community of DOOM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Edmonton, Alberta, Canada] - I NEED OFFLINE M

It would sure be a lot of fun to play other individuals across Canada, though that can all wait. I'm just happy that there are even people here in Edmonton that play.

I've been looking for a group of people to play Soulcalibur with since the second Soulcal. Most of the people who said they played were newbies at best(not trying to put them down or anything). Most people in Edmonton that I talked with didn't even know what frame advantage was, or just simply played a different fighting game, "sigh".

I almost gave in to the fact that I would never be able to play people outside of my few friends. Thanks to this site that will not be the case, and I will always appreciate this site for that.

With enough practice the players in Edmonton might get adept enough to play the veterans in Toronto and the States, lol, that would be like a dream come true.

I used to play with a decent sized group here (about a dozen of us) back in the Soul Calibur 1 days and early SC2, but, I'm just about the only one left in town of that group.

I used to play with a decent sized group here (about a dozen of us) back in the Soul Calibur 1 days and early SC2, but, I'm just about the only one left in town of that group.

That's too bad Andur, I know how you feel for sure. I used to play a lot back in the days too (soulcalibur 1 and 2). There was a decent number of us who really loved the game back then, not as many as 12 mind you but enough to get some decent rounds in; however most of them ended up losing their love for the game. By the time Soulcalibur 3 came out it ended up being my friend Crom and I who were the only ones still willing to play.

It wasn't until I met Selece at a friends gathering that I could actually say I new someone in the city who actually knew anything about the game (besides my friend Crom). We eventually had a gathering together (I think it was in September) and it was quite enjoyable. Some of the people who are posting in this thread have already mentioned it.

There is no real reason to worry about finding some competition in Edmonton anymore; there is definitely people here who love to play (this thread proves it), all we have to do is find a time to gather and play. It would be fantastic if we could all make it a monthly or bi monthly thing.

Hopefully the rest of the people who are posting can confirm a date to meet together. The second of January is perfectly fine for me. How about the rest of you.

I'm going to start a new thread with all the details for the 2nd.
Stay tuned!

[Edmonton] Casuals Session - Jan 2nd

Edmonton Soul Calibur Community Casual Session​

Who:
I can accommodate approx 8-9 ppl (for now)
(780)554-OUTY if you get lost, or want to arrange something.
My name is Christian, most folks actually call me Outty in RL, so feel free.

What:
(if you can) Bring your own sticks, bring a tube TV, bring an Xbox, bring some hard currency to pitch for pizzas :)
EDIT: If you can bring a power bar and extension cord of some sort, it would probably be put to use.

Where:
Lord Electrical - 9757 54th Ave This is my place of business, and possibly a place where we can hold these in the future. So, even though I'm certain it needn't be said, don't fuck around or I'll toss your ass out into the cold. If something gets broken, wrecked, destroyed, stolen or generally trashed, we won't be having these, at least not at my place of business. Which is an awesome place, btw.. :D

When:
January 2nd - beginning as early as noonish, ending whenever we deem necessary. (no limit)​

Just a couple more things..

-Please don't bring 5 guys (girls, ok) with you who don't know how to play SC4... we can incorporate those guys for the next sessions, let's try to keep this one to about 8 - 9 of the core 8wr guys to get this established.

-The location we are gathering is the second floor of my workplace; I will make a note on the door, just open it up and walk up the stairs!

-Please shower the same day, or the day before or else you will be forced to play by yourself in the corner. You're probably wondering if I'm just kidding.. well, you will find out if you are smelly. (lol?)

There is no real reason to worry about finding some competition in Edmonton anymore; there is definitely people here who love to play (this thread proves it), all we have to do is find a time to gather and play. It would be fantastic if we could all make it a monthly or bi monthly thing.

Hopefully the rest of the people who are posting can confirm a date to meet together. The second of January is perfectly fine for me. How about the rest of you.

Yeah that would be great. Sadly, I gotta work on the 2nd though.

All right!, this is what I'm talkin about, we actually have an established date for a meet up now.

Thanks for donating your place for a gathering Outy, much appreciated. Its not really easy finding a place for something like this.

I've got one stick for myself and a possible second one. Both are only the normal hori 360 sticks, though it is better than no stick at all. If we need another tube TV I could possibly bring one as well, I need details regarding this though (lugging the thing around will be a pain in the ass, especially If I find out we don't end up needing it that day, lol).

Lord Electrical - 9757 54th Ave This is my place of business, and possibly a place where we can hold these in the future. So, even though I'm certain it needn't be said, don't fuck around or I'll toss your ass out into the cold. If something gets broken, wrecked, destroyed, stolen or generally trashed, we won't be having these, at least not at my place of business. Which is an awesome place, btw.. :D

Don't worry Outy, I'm sure our little growing community will not do anything to mess your place up, though if it does occur I promise to help you throw them out the door with a Seigfried style flapjack toss, lol.

Lets all make this the beginning of some awesome games and friendships.

So far we've just got the TV that's already there... I can't imagine anyone else is going to bring a TV, if you bring yours, I'm sure it's going to be used!

Let's wait to see who's actually coming.

Its settled then. I'll bring my TV.

All we need now is a confirmation from enough players to get this all going.

Shit! I'm in Dood! Outty's work is and awesome place to game it up. lots of SC II games played there. I can bring along my xbox as a spare or w/e. I missed the last get together so I'm looking forward to this one.

So Check list,

1) Don't shower
2) Be a complete dick and run a cue through the pool table rug
3) Bring along 10 extra people

Seriously though, we'll have to leave a couple extra beers in the fridge as thanks for the use of the place.

Should be a good time, even if just the three of us show up.

Whats this about the Tube TV, are you telling me that your big honking TV isn't as good as mine at home? Now you don't have an excuse for not coming over and getting your butt whooped here.

Crom says he is coming for sure Outy, that adds another player for the get together.

There is also another friend of mine named James who has regained his soulcal spirit back; I told him about all the people I had found in Edmonton that currently play, and he said he would totally be willing to lift his controller in the name of soulcalibur again. He had basically given up on playing Soulcalibur due to the lack of players and what not (I don't blame him either, fighting games aren't really all that fun without a decent sized group of friends to play with). The extra surge of players has given him a reason to play again. He says he wants to come too, hope you don't mind.

That makes about 5 people who can make it, and I'm sure Selece and Alythe will be showing up as well. If Andur shows up after work it will bring the total to 8 people. This is looking quite promising so far.

By the way, is there anybody else that can bring a TV as well? We currently have two for the gathering but it seems like it might not be enough. Crom could bring an extra TV though I'll have to make sure. I'll try to find out soon.

Selece (jonathan) needs transportation! Are any of you dudes coming in from the north side?

If need be I can pick him up Outty, I'll be coming in from Spruce Grove so I can swing by. Just let me know.

Thanks for the help Blue, saves me some extra driving that I was going to be doing. Alythe lives real close to Selece and I don't think he has a car, you may have to pick him up too.

I will be coming, ride pending.
:D

I'll pay for a portion of the driver's food! :O

hey guys this is great!! until bryan told me that there actually were people that played here in edmonton and took it seriously i was on the verge of not picking up the game that way again but now i dont have to worry about that =]. Nice to know that there is others to play with.

Well, Selece (Jonathan) meet Blue (Dale), your cheauffer for the evening. :D

Exchange pertinent info at your convenience.

ps..

LoL Jon, you have no idea how much food this guy can eat...

Thanks for the help Blue, saves me some extra driving that I was going to be doing. Alythe lives real close to Selece and I don't think he has a car, you may have to pick him up too.

Not a problem, don't mind at all. Let me know if other people need a ride, I don't mind getting a couple people if they are close to each other. PST me with your address and what time you'd like to be picked up. I'll be planning on getting to Outty's office for around noon that day.

selece said:

Ride Confirmed.

Hmmm food.

Speaking of food, if you guys are willing, I may be able to convince my fiance to whip something up for us, probably just need a few dollars back, I was thinking carrot cake muffins or maybe something else if Outty's got somewhere we can heat food up. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back