[Edmonton, Alberta, Canada] - Super Special Awesome SCIV Community of DOOM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Edmonton, Alberta, Canada] - I NEED OFFLINE M

I'm going to be sending all you guys with Live Id's a friend request.

I had some amazing sessions with andur the last couple of days with a great connection, so I'd like more!

I'm going to be sending all you guys with Live Id's a friend request.

I had some amazing sessions with andur the last couple of days with a great connection, so I'd like more!

Yes, very good matches.

Hey guys, its me Bryan. I see you guys found some new players here in Edomonton. We should all meet up like we did last time, it was fun. My 360 is currently being fixed (its been gone for repair for about a month and 2 weeks, its frustrating) so I haven't been online at all. Just msn me or something if you guys are up for another meet up again.

For all others who don't know me, I would just like to say I hope to get to know you all better and have some fun filled games sometime. Its pretty rough living here in Edmonton and expecting to find new players, its seems like no one really likes the game much here. I for one love it though, and it would be amazing to find other players here in Edmonton who like it just as much.

There seems to be a decent number of people from Edmonton posting here(if I had known earlier I would have started posting sooner), we really need to get some kind of Soulcalibur Community going here in this city, I would love to get some games rolling and fast, though I have to wait for my darn xbox to get back first. I'll be adding the other Edmontonians to my xbox if you guys don't mind.

Hey Brian,

I remember your Seig.. lol you're a beast!

I think the Etown calibur scene is present, but disorganized... We need a leader!

On a side note; my xbox is also pooched... In fact, I don't think I know anyone who owns an xbox that actually works.

lol, ya those were some fun games, it was nice having a group of people larger than two who really enjoy the game, though I did wish we had some tube TVs for some lagless games.

We do really need someone to step up and do some organizing, lol, it seems like we have some players here in Edmonton now. I would do it personally but I don't have a place to congregate at. Hopefully Alythe can do something about it. Well if we ever get a meet up going I would totally be in. Maybe we can get something organized for the Christmas holidays.

hmmm... I would be able to have a congregation here at my work.. we have a nice big tube TV, pool table, fooseball table and such in the lounge... I have full access, but there's only 1 TV.

I guess some dudes could shoot pool in between matches :)

My shop is on the southside, 97th St. and 54th Ave.

Post up times that you are available !!

hmmm... I would be able to have a congregation here at my work.. we have a nice big tube TV, pool table, fooseball table and such in the lounge... I have full access, but there's only 1 TV.

I guess some dudes could shoot pool in between matches :)

My shop is on the southside, 97th St. and 54th Ave.

Post up times that you are available !!

Sounds like a good location to me. I won't be available anytime before the new year, got the combination of general Christmas busyness and a major project deadline at work.

I nominate OuTk@sT as the Etown SC leader.

I know a few other people who might be interested in joining in, I'll have to talk to them.

I think I could host about 8-9 ppl comfortably.. we've got lots of real-estate to set up other rigs too, like the board room.

Rawr, I'm flying back on Saturday (20th), going back to Vancouver on the 4th.

We should play while I'm in town, because Outk@st has a deep and secret desire to eat more Amy UBs. ;)

Rawr, I'm flying back on Saturday (20th), going back to Vancouver on the 4th.

We should play while I'm in town, because Outk@st has a deep and secret desire to eat more Amy UBs. ;)

I'm going to warble at least one of them.

Ok, Jan 2nd and Jan 3rd are perfect days for this to occur.

No one should be working on the Friday, Jan 2nd... I think that would be the perfect day. We could start around noonish or sooner and go until we get bored :)

If you plan to attend, please bring any sticks you have.. if you can bring a tube TV or an xbox, please do!

If we end up only having the one rig set up, we can do a FT3 or FT5 and then switch out the players so everyone gets some action.

I'm in for sure, and what do you mean you don't know anyone who has a working xbox? You've got two now, are they both large paper weights now? I've got one that I can bring for sure. Firm up a date (2nd or 3rd) and I'll be there.

Should be fun!

I can't get it to accept an IP address from my modem.. it's pooched.

I can't get it to accept an IP address from my modem.. it's pooched.

That sounds really weird, never heard of that happening before. I'd suspect its more something to do with your network than your xbox itself. Have you tried:
-rebooting your modem and any routers/switches
-checking all network cables and such
-powering on/off your modem and any routers/switches
-if you have a router, look in its log and see if the xbox is trying to grab an ip off of it or not

All right, this is lookin good so far. Its about time the Edmonton community had an actual Soulcalibur meet up. Its bringing the fire back in my desire to get awesome.

Seems like OuTk@sT has a prime location for a meet up, aside for the lack of TV's of course (easy to solve though). So I also think Outka@sT would be a suitable person to lead our Edmonton community as well (the mans got a place to pay at and all, lol).

I'm free on both the 2 and 3 of January so I'm all good for a game on either days.

This meet up should be amazing, I'm getting all hyped up here from just thinking about it.

By the way to all the others that I do not know already, would you guys mind if I added you all to my live acount and what not(when I get my 360 back from Microsoft).

All right, this is lookin good so far. Its about time the Edmonton community had an actual Soulcalibur meet up. Its bringing the fire back in my desire to get awesome.

Seems like OuTk@sT has a prime location for a meet up, aside for the lack of TV's of course (easy to solve though). So I also think Outka@sT would be a suitable person to lead our Edmonton community as well (the mans got a place to pay at and all, lol).

I'm free on both the 2 and 3 of January so I'm all good for a game on either days.

This meet up should be amazing, I'm getting all hyped up here from just thinking about it.

By the way to all the others that I do not know already, would you guys mind if I added you all to my live acount and what not(when I get my 360 back from Microsoft).

Certainly, feel free to add me, same with the rest of you locals (or other 8wr's wandering into this discussion). You can access/manage your live account at xbox.com (as well as checking out your repair status). When my 360 red-ringed last year, it took about a month for me to get it back.

I'm excited about the prospect of getting a local SC group up and running as well.

regarding my xbox prblm.
Andur: I've logged about 6 hours of phone time with both my ISP and Xbox tech support. You have no idea how many time's I've answered these questions:

"Have you tried:
-rebooting your modem and any routers/switches
-checking all network cables and such
-powering on/off your modem and any routers/switches
-if you have a router, look in its log and see if the xbox is trying to grab an ip off of it or not "

It's come down to the Xbox guys telling me to take the rig to another location and attempt to make a network connection. I just did this at work about 5 minutes before posting this, and came up with the same problem.

The issue is not with the router/modem not sending an IP, it's the xbox refuses to accept it, and assigns itself an IP.

I can still use it for offline games tho, so no biggy!

Also, I have yet to attempt a wireless connection, I know that connects thru the USB port instead of the cat5 port... might work that way.. I'd rather buy a wireless router and use it that way than give up the xbox for months.

Nice to see parts of Canada build.
It is indeed. Canada is a pretty desolate place in terms of dedicated Soulcalibur players( aside from Toronto maybe). If all this planning and gathering works out we could end up with some western Canadian Soulcal tournaments and other fun events. I hope this all really takes off.

On a side note I do go to my friends place to play some games, and I have my live profile at his place right now (in fact I'm typing this stuff at his place at this moment). I'll add you guys in a little wile to my live account.

It is indeed. Canada is a pretty desolate place in terms of dedicated Soulcalibur players( aside from Toronto definitely).
Fixed. Toronto is still the most participated SC community throughout Canada.

If all this planning and gathering works out we could end up with some western Canadian Soulcal tournaments and other fun events. I hope this all really takes off.
I hope it will. Definitely like to see this and other parts of Canada grow so Toronto can travel to other parts of Canada not just the States.

It would sure be a lot of fun to play other individuals across Canada, though that can all wait. I'm just happy that there are even people here in Edmonton that play.

I've been looking for a group of people to play Soulcalibur with since the second Soulcal. Most of the people who said they played were newbies at best(not trying to put them down or anything). Most people in Edmonton that I talked with didn't even know what frame advantage was, or just simply played a different fighting game, "sigh".

I almost gave in to the fact that I would never be able to play people outside of my few friends. Thanks to this site that will not be the case, and I will always appreciate this site for that.

With enough practice the players in Edmonton might get adept enough to play the veterans in Toronto and the States, lol, that would be like a dream come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back