A+B because you're manly

Kamatari,

Only reason i would use A+B online is if the persion your fighting happens to like abusing fast moves like AA or 2A to interrupt Nightmare. Otherwise its still not that good online lol

Also, I found something really small and pretty much useless but here it is. GS A+B has a small pause in the animation which can potentially avoid a short range attack.

Eg: bA6(block) > GS A+B *taki 2A's after block*

The GS A+B makes it so Taki's 2A whiffs, useless but neat in my opinion.

Just in case you needed to give Maxi another reason not to use his AA recklessly, know that Soul Wave will counter Maxi's Tiger Pounce after AA on hit. Goofy.

a+b is tha answer to all tha nightmare players its no reason not to use a+B
THA PUNISHment is not tha much damage so use it
aga agaagaaga a+b all remember this

Aga (blocked) A+B
It's funny how I found out that setup a long time ago, and at same practice session found out that you could gi the soul wave back in NM face. That was in 2008.

Aga (blocked) A+B
It's funny how I found out that setup a long time ago, and at same practice session found out that you could gi the soul wave back in NM face. That was in 2008.

but u know w like 3000000 of damage for nightmare's ass when u repel his soul wave back after is activate by 2A, cuz of the stupid stun he got, wow that's so fucking manly right? =D

Being able to block or GI the counterattack defeats the main purpose of the move. Namco just didn't design it well. Most weak moves that the counter actually catches also have fast recovery. The risk vs reward on the move is just so horrible it's ridiculous.

I doubt they will even fix this problem for SC5 whenever that comes out. Just look at the difference between the move in SC3 and 4...it's prettymuch the same. only difference is that in SC4 you get soul charge but can also be hit out of the counterattack (unlike SC3) and thats negligible stuff really. It coulda been a unique thing for Nightmare and become a big part of his gameplay like a pseudo DP or something but instead it's just always been this mostly useless move.

Hardly is it useless, just situational and unless you're super predictable or facing some leet mofa it aint getting gied.

I think KingAce summed it up best about A+B counter.

If Project Soul just fixed up the counter attack glitches, and made the counter window a little bigger, I think it would be quite alot better.

It not a glitch, that shit is so intentional. But Namco is just another meaning for missed opportunity.

I bet whoever designed that move was laughing his ass off, when he added the deathstun in.

all they need to do is make the counterattack guaranteed upon activation, it's as simple as that

In SC3 lynette 11KKs first hit would activate it and the second one would CH after evading the counter

yeah IIRC lynettes 2B~B+K did the same thing. lynette was 1 of my main in SC3. raphs 214A @ the right range didnt get hit

Back