A+B because you're manly

LAU

[09] Warrior
A+B = i36, -23 on block

A+B counter frame data:
as everybody know it's a high or mid move under 19 damage... which includes launchers like iGDR or Setsuka's 33B

counter frames = i11 to ABOUT i29... (gets confusing towards the end... explained below)

as for what they can attack and block back IMMEDIATELY (if it's single hit) ... this varies but a general guideline is... if their Block stun is around -10 or above... they are gonna get exploded in their face......

why i say about? the data is VERY inconsistent as you get tremendous amount of frame advantage.. and it doesn't make much sense to me....

how did i test it?

Mainly played against Taki and Setsuka

for i11 I tested this
3K on hit -> A+B vs Taki's A after getting hit by NM's 3K = A+B fails
1aK or iagA on block -> A+B vs Taki's A = A+B wins

i did this sort of test and got close to upper 20s... basically for the upper 20s frames i tested it with 9K (gives +10 on hit) vs an i19 move... so they get hit by heavy advantage move and they STILL try to do a slow move... but this data is VERY inconsistent and varies with moves... which makes me extremely confused...

suggestion on use...... use it if your opponent is ultra aggressive and loves to attack when he should be guarding....

in the future... it'll be great if someone can complete a list of what moves it will explode that you don't expect it to explode.... like iGDR/setsuka's 33B

-LAU

THE FOLLOWING WAS POSTED BY SCHNEIDER-X AND IS IN FIRST POST FOR REFERENCE:
rules for A+B to explode in his first post, but I'll sum it up.

-general rule of thumb, any high, mid, s. mid or s.low move under 19 damage, some exceptions
-counter frames active from i11 to ABOUT i29
-if opponent attacks after counter is activated attack will be guard impacted*
-counter can be guarded if opponent uses move with quick recovery
-if Nightmare is already soul charged you can [A+B] and delay the counterattack**
Video example of soul charge [A+B]
-if counter is GI NM gets death stunned

*note: the counter is not invincible though. Eg: NM vs NM, and use 4KK to activate counter, NM takes damage and does not GI the second punch

**Note: the counter becomes invincible when you soul charge

I hope I'm not missing anything but that's it as far as I can think of.

I'd like to thank MeatSpinNM for recording all of these youtube videos that I reference here.

Do you think you can get the frames for the counter on GS A+B? I don't plan to make practical use of it, but it might be nice to know.

Fun fact: Algol's bubbles will also trigger the explosion.

haha, i love this move. the GS version more so, since in the right situations you'll fly past them even if they're guarding.

fun stuff:

CH 22AB -> they tech to avoid 2A+B, you do GS A+B. they block it; you're safely (i think) away, and ready to GC.

bA6, GS A+B -> tech trap

NSS A+B, A+B -> tech trap

33B, A+B -> tech trap

3, GS A+B -> tech trap

nice info lau. I know it works against Astaroth's 6K and Raph's prep A and they can't block it, both those are -10 or worse on block after all

weird fact:

Setsuka's 33B - 22 dmg (regular hit).....

-LAU

Saw this thread and I decided to do a quick boom! test on Kilik and here are my discoveries:

A+Bable but they can Guard:
A
3A
6A

B
2B
3B *range dependent
FC B

K
WJ K

MO K

A+Bable and they can't do shit:
1B
6B
33B

WS K

A+B *The last hit of A+B will trade hit with NM's kaBOOM!
4A+B
6A+B
6B+K

Testing method:
1. NM = Me, Kilik = Dummy
2. Standing/Crouching Normal, Command 1 (whichever move I'm testing on)
3. Do NM 3K, then A+B.
*Note this is against most of the moves. IIRC, against Kilik's 1B, I had to get 3K on block because 1B comes out after the GI frames are over or something. There's a couple other on that list that requires different testing method.

PS. This is a quick test, I might've missed out something so please feel free to check on Kilik's other moves. ^^

How effective is A+B after Siegfried's 3 into Chief Hold?

it's better to use A+B sometimes after sieg's WS it will explode if he gives u the knee, making him mix it up a little.
about 3 it's better to just punish siegy's 3 with 6K and not take any chances. and about the question it's effective if he only do K after the 3 everything else will beat A+B.

Most players know A+B owns Sieg's SCH

but A+B owns NM's GS even more... it beats out... GS A/KK.... only GS B it fails against... so... keep this one in mind.. it'll be useful

-LAU

It's nice to see people trying to develop practical uses for Nightmare's GS :A::+::B:. I remember my only use for it was using as something different to add to follow 33B.

A+B seems pretty boss against Talim since so many of her attacks are weak. it works vs 33A, 1A+B, and a lot of other stuff. i dont think she can punish it super hard on block either

A+B seems pretty boss against Talim since so many of her attacks are weak. it works vs 33A, 1A+B, and a lot of other stuff. i dont think she can punish it super hard on block either
It's true. Rii did this to me in AE.

I felt very sad. Haha. Like seriously the only thing that wouldn't die to A+B was like 66B or something.

I find it's pretty cool to use it after a move that gives you pretty good frames like agA or 11k
Hell I just like to use it in general and most people don't know to punish it very well anyway.

I find it's pretty cool to use it after a move that gives you pretty good frames like agA or 11k
Hell I just like to use it in general and most people don't know to punish it very well anyway.

maybe after iagA on block... but doing it after 11K on hit seems kinda a waste....

-LAU

I found out today that A+B will explode on kilik when he does the 22_88A string. I wasn't expecting that but manly nonetheless :P

Back