The AMAZING SC5 Online General Discussion Thread

Is it wrong that I equally like both IV and V? especially if my favorite moveset is missing.
unless only because of SCIV's outstanding Online, that's understandable.
Nope, not at all. I play SC4 for Xianghua, Amy, Talim and Setsuka.
Xianghua > Leixia. Way more versatile, more mix-ups, low grabs, command throw, etc. I have a better time punishing turtlers with her than Leixia.

I always message back something like "enjoy the penalty" or "there goes all your 'hard-earned' points" to remind them that what they did is stupid and it only hurts themselves.

I'm SC4 Ranked #5 in the world, and I have fought sooooo many deranged rage quitters, Lag-stand-by'ers, hate Mail senders... It's a long, harsh, brutal road to the top.. LOL.

But I can tell you I fought one guy who constantly joined my Ranked lobby, and he would rage quit each time he lost, I thought it was so funny eventually, I just accepted each time I saw him!! xDD I ended up De-Leveling him 3 times over 4 days of randomly fighting him!

Average Win points per win in Ranked = +15 - +40

Average Rage Quit, D/C point penalty = -200

He's been playing SC4 and whenever I low poke him and I'm guarding some of his lows, he's always blaming the lag. If I can do Setsuka JFs and react to some of his lows, that is barely an excuse.
Depends on which low attacks you're talking about reacting against. Otherwise, expecting somebody to use a low attack isn't the same as reacting to one. Also, it's very easy to say lag isn't the problem whenever you guard a low attack you expected to happen, based on how your opponent plays.

Nothing personal, just wanted to point that out.

Last edited:
Depends on which low attacks you're talking about reacting against. Otherwise, expecting somebody to use a low attack isn't the same as reacting to one. Also, it's very easy to say lag isn't the problem whenever you guard a low attack you expected to happen, based on how your opponent plays.

Nothing personal, just wanted to point that out.
I realize the difference and I assure you I reacted to most of WHOOMAN's lows rather than expected them to come out. He plays the Apprentice and at times he was using 44K (the slow low leg sweep that knocks down and allows him to combo), which kind of has a slow start-up. It was evident that during his "try-hard mode" he was becoming a little predictable and tried to abuse it. Strangely, he wasn't using any quick low pokes, you know, the type that is difficult to react to. Maybe the "honor code" that Marginal mentioned is corrupting his mind? Anyways, I'll just conclude with this statement:

I was reacting to most of his lows; specifically slow start-up lows, however, once he was annoyed and tried to act like a try-hard by being annoying back, he was using 44K a little more often, therefore, he was becoming more predictable and I was a little more expectant of the pattern.

I'm SC4 Ranked #5 in the world, and I have fought sooooo many deranged rage quitters, Lag-stand-by'ers, hate Mail senders... It's a long, harsh, brutal road to the top.. LOL.

But I can tell you I fought one guy who constantly joined my Ranked lobby, and he would rage quit each time he lost, I thought it was so funny eventually, I just accepted each time I saw him!! xDD I ended up De-Leveling him 3 times over 4 days of randomly fighting him!

Average Win points per win in Ranked = +15 - +40

Average Rage Quit, D/C point penalty = -200
Oh wow, I just looked up the Rankings and just realized it. Congrats! Jesus Christ, that's such a long road. Anyways, that person you fought was too flustered to realize the error of his ways. If he was high-leveled when there would be a harsher penalty in comparison to low average win points, he has issues.

Oh wow, I just looked up the Rankings and just realized it. Congrats! Jesus Christ, that's such a long road. Anyways, that person you fought was too flustered to realize the error of his ways. If he was high-leveled when there would be a harsher penalty in comparison to low average win points, he has issues.

Lol thanks! And yeah it's easy to get consistent points like 50+ point per win when you're a lower level player, because you get a "bonus" from beating players around your level.

So it sucks when you're like level 200+, nobody is within 10 levels above or below... -

But it's all accumulative, the more you play and win, eventually you'll get higher in rank, though I've played lots of players much better than me who rarely ever played Ranked match..

So I finally bought (or should I say re-bought since I still have it for 360) this game for PS3 and went online for the first time today.

First match was a ragequit. Some 2-bar from the Netherlands who raged in chat after I got 2 rounds in on him and teabagged after winning just one round.

I missed you too, SC5.

Fighting bad Sieg players like
tumblr_n6gnzwGvN61tpn3vso1_500.gif

So most of my gaming time in 2013 was spent in Ranked on XBL. By the end of that year my controller gave out (K button stopped working - probably from all dem Damps just frames), and I haven't really touched XBL since then (stuck to PSN player rooms - and recently PSN Ranked).

IIRC I think I left XBL Ranked with my stats at about 92% Edge Master usage (I've been 100% Dampierre on PSN since then), 70-80% ranked win ratio (with over 10,000 wins) - feel free to correct me of I'm wrong by checking my stats (XBL: Ooofmatic).

Anyways in about a week time I should be back on XBL with a new controller. My XBL gold expired so I'll be on my wife's account (Surione). Completely lost all my confidence with Edgy since I haven't used him in almost a year - only Damps.

I'm pretty interested in seeing how XBL is these days. Is WarioGamer still raging on ranked? Who are the best XBL players these days? Really looking forward to returning to SCV XBL!!!

So most of my gaming time in 2013 was spent in Ranked on XBL. By the end of that year my controller gave out (K button stopped working - probably from all dem Damps just frames), and I haven't really touched XBL since then (stuck to PSN player rooms - and recently PSN Ranked).

IIRC I think I left XBL Ranked with my stats at about 92% Edge Master usage (I've been 100% Dampierre on PSN since then), 70-80% ranked win ratio (with over 10,000 wins) - feel free to correct me of I'm wrong by checking my stats (XBL: Ooofmatic).

Anyways in about a week time I should be back on XBL with a new controller. My XBL gold expired so I'll be on my wife's account (Surione). Completely lost all my confidence with Edgy since I haven't used him in almost a year - only Damps.

I'm pretty interested in seeing how XBL is these days. Is WarioGamer still raging on ranked? Who are the best XBL players these days? Really looking forward to returning to SCV XBL!!!

Havent heard anything from WarioGamer, I assume he has passed away.
Best players around? No clue tbh, HateBot9000, Marginal, RolandKirk, etc are still the top guys imo.
Benwithvees (Xiba Player) is a very solid Xiba but I havent been on ranked in a while (mostly xbl player rooms )

Those are mostly west coast players right? I'm on the east coast and even though XBL has better netcode than PSN I'm still not a fan of EC to WC play. I get annoyed if lag affects my B!E! JF's too much. :/

View attachment 14387

Dampierre isn't a real character apparently. :p

Also, shoutouts WHOOMAAN for whining like a baby and begging the host to kick me from the room just because he couldn't beat Le Bello. :sc5dam1:
This has been quite a while and noticing your post entertained me because I fought against WHOOMAAN last night in Soul Calibur 4.
I was playing against his Siegfried with my Xianghua. Such a "frame whore," because all he does is talk about frames, frames, frames. I will be honest, I know a few frames, but I don't know every frame because I don't have the time to look up and study it. I'm a "trial and error" kind of person, but I look up frames every now and then in the book if it particularly concerns me.
Anyways, beat him 3-1. He starts whining like a baby because of "certain things not coming out" and kicked me. He kept complaining that I shouldn't keep attacking because of my "frames," but I crushed him with some of my force crouching and sidestepping moves. Xianghua has some rush down capabilities, so OF COURSE I'M GOING TO USE THEM.

What a fucking dumbass.

I think his weakness is that once you get his mind preoccupied about frames, it flusters his gameplay, which kind of explains why I demolished him relatively fast in the last round. Also, he seems to exclusively play this guy named Adfwe, who I would also like to battle against. Adfwe seems friendly because I've talked to him, but I don't know how the fuck he deals with this..."WOMAN."

Back