Sophie A+G

Suirad

[10] Knight
Sophie's 66A+G is a strong grab with her best grab damage, wake up and the smaller break window. So why use A+G? A+G leaves you at +6 and doesn't push opponent very far away, so mix-up potential is a reason. The real necessity(I think) to make this possibly worthwhile over 66A+G is to be in grab range after A+G. Depending on the character and the action taken afterwards, there isn't any guarantee of this.

Not the best prediction exactly, but this list of character's who can be grabbed on neutral gives an idea who is more likely to be interrupted by a grab if they respond.
Neutral:
Lizardman
Sophitia
Amy
Mitsurugi
Taki
Siegfried
Nightmare
Xianghua
Kilik
Yoshimitsu
Algol

This list of who can be grabbed at immediately again if they block is more important I believe because you can make a convincing argument to your opponent for block at advantage.
Block:
Apprentice
Sophitia
Amy
Setsuka
Cassandra
Yun
Talim
Algol

A number of characters, but still not as consistent as one would like. Unless you're opponent either always attacks or can be convinced to always block and plays the right character, you don't really have grab to make the situation dangerous. Notably Algol, Amy and Sophie herself are generally in range after A+G so in those fights it looks promising. Amy can interrupt with 6B, but if you can bait highs you'll do well for yourself with Sophie so I don't think this is such a problem.

I think 1b is generally free after a+g2. iirc, only a few chars can get away from it because it just misses.

Sophie's 66A+G is a strong grab with her best grab damage, wake up and the smaller break window. So why use A+G? A+G leaves you at +6 and doesn't push opponent very far away, so mix-up potential is a reason. The real necessity(I think) to make this possibly worthwhile over 66A+G is to be in grab range after A+G. Depending on the character and the action taken afterwards, there isn't any gaurantee of this.

Not the best prediction exactly, but this list of character's who can be grabbed on neutral gives an idea who is more likely to be interrupted by a grab if they respond.
Neutral:
Lizardman
Sophitia
Amy
Mitsurugu
Taki
Seigfried
Nightmare
Xianghua
Kilik
Yoshimitsu
Algol

This list of who can be grabbed at immediately again if they block is more important I believe because you can make a convincing argument to your opponent for block at advantage.
Block:
Apprentice
Sophitia
Amy
Setsuka
Cassandra
Yun
Talim
Algol

A number of characters, but still not as consistent as one would like. Unless you're opponent either always attacks or can be convinced to always block and plays the right character, you don't really have grab to make the situation dangerous. Notably Algol, Amy and Sophie herself are generally in range after A+G so in those fights it looks promising. Amy can interrupt with 6B, but if you can bait highs you'll do well for yourself with Sophie so I don't think this is such a problem.

Because kneeing your opponent in the crotch is just good ol' wholesome Bob Saget-plagued fun XD.

Why would you use A+G over 66A+G? A+G deals damage SUPER FAST. I've had 0secs left on the clock and went for the A+G, and because of how fast it comes out, I've won the round and my opponent was cursing me. Just my 2c.

Because the round isn't always about to end? Again it's only a few match-ups you can mess around with this in. Usually 66A+G is better for just about every reason.

well i do love using the frame advantage against ppl who dont play against sophie much...they tend to attack after that grab sometimes

Taking another look at A+G2 apparently it creates a force block situation for 66B. If they don't block damage is higher than 66A+G and if they do you get both some damage and some SG. Could be useful, who knows?

I need to start joining in this Sophie chat.

Usually I prefer using A+G because it puts Sophie at plus frames and leaves the opponent open for a 66A+G throw or TAS B. I'll have to test out A+G2 on people this weekend since I never use it.

EDIT: So I started to incorporate A+G2 into my game. I'm going to go back to not using it. A+G puts me in a better situation where I can either do 66A+G right after the throw, or use TAS B. Plus the work I was putting in to use A+G2, I could have just used 66A+G or do a side throw for big damage.

But with A+G2, 1B is pretty much guaranteed. 1A will also hit. I tried out 66B, but stopped using it since it would always get blocked by my opponent, but that setup will come in handy when their soul gauge is in the red since I want them to block 66B.

So, is A+G2 when the opponent falls to the ground after the grab? Iv been wondering how to do that on command...

Is there special timing needed to pull it off or do is it just really simple?

Fairly simple. If you're not getting it, pressing the 2 earlier will likely fix the issue.

So, is A+G2 when the opponent falls to the ground after the grab? Iv been wondering how to do that on command...

Is there special timing needed to pull it off or do is it just really simple?
Have you tried it? Should be super easy. I never use it, but it should just be holding 2 after you grab.

Edit: There's no reason you can't 2A+G either. That'll work too.

I havent tried it yet, i just never knew the cause for it and if there was a specific timing like some other things. Ill try it once i get back from college :) Only 5 more days...

Back